xploD

Do NOT join servers at least until 3-5 min after a restart

Persistent server I just randomly get char reset all the time, but on normal servers if I rejoin a server while its still restarting and says 'waiting for host' it will fresh spawn me.

3 times in 3 days I've gotten geared finally and ended up freshie, I don't think there is anything more frustrating. Don't want it to happen to you.. 

At least let the servers restart for a couple minutes or at least don't continue to wait if it says waiting for host.

Edited by xploD

Yeah, we know.

Edited by CANUCKinNZ
  • Like 1

Pro-tip: Look at the time of the server. Never join the ones stating it being on/near the hour. Look for the ones 10mins+ into the hour, that way you know its all up and running smoothly.

• Like 1

Even more Pro tip: If you do not get a battleeye message in the left bottom corner of your screen 7 seconds after joining a server, you should hit escape and try again later.

Why can't the mods finally sticky this issue somewhere? It's bloody annoying to read this every day.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

Even more Pro tip: If you do not get a battleeye message in the left bottom corner of your screen 7 seconds after joining a server, you should hit escape and try again later.

Why can't the mods finally sticky this issue somewhere? It's bloody annoying to read this every day.

It's alpha? 

It's alpha? 

What has the game being in alpha got to do with forum stickying a handy bit of information about the current login issues which could lead to a character wipe?

What has the game being in alpha got to do with forum stickying a handy bit of information about the current login issues which could lead to a character wipe?

Right?  lol.... "DUURRRRRR, UHHH ALPHER!!!! DUHHH!!!"...every damned day.

• Like 1

I think dayz needs to start teaming up with some sort of mental illness awareness charity/company. 

I dunno what people's problems are on this forum lol. They cannot be happy.

• Like 1

Right?  lol.... "DUURRRRRR, UHHH ALPHER!!!! DUHHH!!!"...every damned day.

That's the joke.

Edited by GeorgieBest

Yep this has happened to me recently - geared to the nines then bam, reset after server restart.  Damn you long, drawn out, never ending Alpha.....

*knock on wood* I have yet to have any problems like this.

Damn you long, drawn out, never ending Alpha.....

Long drawn out and never ending? It's been 10 months O_o

Edited by escobert

*knock on wood* I have yet to have any problems like this.

Long drawn out and never ending? It's been 10 months O_o

This isn't the place to be knocking on your wood. What's wrong with people??

countless of times i have joined a server where it gave me a default char since the server obviously wasnt ready yet, even when i was ingame with the new char, leave and rejoin the server,

it always gave me my old one again when it was ready to contact the mainserver or w/e. maybe its fixed or just happens randomly?

Edited by Axezeroone