Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

Some suggestions

- Completly edit that server hop timer. ( If you quit server, for example you got stuck in place, and then join SAME server back, there should not be timer. When you quit server, and join anthoner one and then go back to first server time should be drastically increased like 150 seconds, thats the way to stop ghosting. If you quit server just in time after your character spawned or 5 seconds after that, you should be able to join to anthoner server without timer )

- Ability to dig worms out of dirt with bare hands.( Farming hoes should be used to plant and maintain plants, even a 7 years old kid can dig up with hands )

- Ability to roll up sleeves on certain clothing ( Shirts, Tactical Jackets, TTKSO Jacket, Gorka jacket ) I know, this isnt primary objective, but it should be cool and badass looking.

- Ability to combine vitamins and matches. ( Just like rags system work )

- Ability to search cupboards and fridges in apartment buildings and houses. This would add a lot of lag on server and all, if you are thinking to make cupboard searching system like opening door and checking inventory of victinity for items. No, to decrease lag, you guys should make an animation about searching ( like 3 seconds ) and when it finishes it should open a window and you can take everything that you want. ( Video :

)

- Ability to use both handmade and crossbow arrows and shoot them.

- Add animation to deploy bipod while on ground. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMOLsm3Qxpc#t=22 ) This would work on prone or when crouched near low object.

- While in first person, add some advantage and some bad sides when using sunglasses. For example, in daylight, make sun look not so bright. In night, it adds more darker screen and players will have to remove them to see.

- Add black tourist mountain backpack, or something else. Its really frustating to carry green backpack when you are full black.

- Make gloves help you handle gun a BIT more easier.

- Just like heli crashes, add random camp places where you can find already deployed tents and campfires.

- Add more customization for character. Instead of skins, add skin colors, hair, beard, eye color, running animation ( everyone shall run with same speed ) and etc.

- Add jerry can where you can put water or gas ( if you guys gonna add cars ). They should take like 3 ( height )x4 inventory slots, but they would add huge amount of water resource.

- Make us able to actually get sick of drinking water from lakes and etc, so players will struggle to find purify tablets.

- Add some new map constructions like caves, rivers, big dams, mountains or further expand map.

- Add better textures for paper pages. There should be no Note sign and lines and all that. Just a peice of yellow paper. If it is ripped off from a book, if you click inspect and rotate page there should be some unzoomed words and texts.

- Make fireplaces have limited fire time, so make players struggle to find some fuel for fire like sticks, logs, paper and etc.

- Add diffrent textures for meat. I dont want them to be so diffrent, just like texture of meat, should not be texture meat for every animal, I think we should add 3 textures of meat and they come from same animal and they get combined like ( 2 meat peices from texture 1, 1 peice of texture 3 and etc. )

EDITED ( MORE SUGGESTIONS ADDED ) - LIST IS GOING TO BE UPDATED FREQUENTLY :

( 10/12/2014 )

- Add more effects in game. I mean, we should get a raindrops on our screen when its raining. If we get snow in updates ( AWESOMELY LOOKING FOWARD! ), we should see a bit of frozen parts of screen in corners if our character is getting cold. Battlefield 4s effect are really good looking! Sunrays, that dusty bubbles on screen ( If you played SC Blacklist you probably know what I mean ), water reflections etc.

- I dont know does Arma 2 engine allow us this, but, I think we should be able to shoot through thin surfaces ( doors, windows ( probably biggest pain in ass while outside barracks ), wooden walls, etc.

- Make night effects more realistic. We should somehow stop using gamma and brightness to fix our problems and give us advantage. I think we should not be able to change those settings if playing on night server. 

- Pain in ass probably, but I am strictly against clan servers. People from there gather up their shit, go around trolling and then come fully geared and kill bambies and other people.... I think we should disable them.

- To help developers, we should be able to translate DayZ in other languages. I think I got few comrades ready to translate in Russian. ( Not me! :D )

Edited by JustCaused

1) I don't think they should remove the timer for rejoining the same server. Their should absolutely have a timer, because combat-loggers should at least be annoyed by the fact they log out mid-fight.

2) I like the idea of being able to dig with hands, but it should take longer/have less chance of finding worms than using a shovel/farming hoe.

3) Good idea for authenticity, but don't expect to be added until beta or later, it's not a priority (As you said)

4) What do you mean combining vitamins and matches?

5) I'm pretty sure it would put more stress on the server that way. Depending on how much they optimize the game, sure, why not.

6) Elaborate?

7) I don't really see the need for it, we have a manual option to deploy the bipod, which is fine with me.

8) Absolutely, glasses should be more than a cosmetic. They need actual purpose, as you explained. Also, I think some characters should spawn with things such as bad eye sight, and need glasses (They might also spawn with a pair, because before shit hit the fan yada yada yada, but they could break and need to find more)

9) No black mountain backpack, they're designed so that if you get lost, it makes it easier to spot you. That's why we have hunter packs, and craftable packs.

10) Ehh, gloves shouldn't have that big of an impact other than to keep warm

11) I already disagree with heli crashes, since everything (In my opinion) should be player-based and actual player stories.

12) They talked about this before, but they're not sure if they can do stuff like that (Not sure why, look it up)

13) Absolutely, the more purposes for things the better.

14) Planned already, no worries, that's why we have purification tablets xD

15) I think they've discussed this, and I'm pretty sure they plan on adding more depth to the map.

16) Not really a priority, I don't see the need.

17) I think fireplaces do already have a "timer", but I could be mistaken.

18) Yes, meat all looks the same, ruins immersion in my opinion, but not a priority.

Absolutely, glasses should be more than a cosmetic. They need actual purpose, as you explained. Also, I think some characters should spawn with things such as bad eye sight, and need glasses (They might also spawn with a pair, because before shit hit the fan yada yada yada, but they could break and need to find more)

A definite no. This has been suggested somewhere alongside player classes, and has a very good reason why not.

People already kill themselfves to get a better spawn location. If this was a thing, people would kill themselves until they got a 'trait' they wanted. 

A definite no. This has been suggested somewhere alongside player classes, and has a very good reason why not.

People already kill themselfves to get a better spawn location. If this was a thing, people would kill themselves until they got a 'trait' they wanted. 

Yes. One could always RP having bad eyesight if they wanted to do so.

I do agree that if we made any sort of class-ish thing you spawned with, people would kill themselves until they got what they wanted.

Yes. One could always RP having bad eyesight if they wanted to do so.

I do agree that if we made any sort of class-ish thing you spawned with, people would kill themselves until they got what they wanted.

Eye damage isnt suggested, please tell me what do you think about already suggested items?

Eye damage isnt suggested, please tell me what do you think about already suggested items?

"combine vitamins and matches". i understand you JC.

Yes vitamins and matches - you find a bottle with 3 vitamin tabs and a bottle with 5 vitamin tabs you should be able to combine them to have 1 botle with 8 tabs in it. Anyone would do this. wouldn't you ? Same as pouring water from one bottle to fill up another bottle. Also you should be able to do this with matches. Today, if you find a box with 21 matches and then you find a box with 47 matches, you throw away the first box to keep the second because it has more matches.. you should be able to put all the matches into one box, so you now have 68 matches. (say a maximum of 70 or 80 matches?)

And also, you maybe find 3 water purification tabs or you find 5 of them.. whats the differenc, they take up the same space -  why cant i carry 8 water purification tabs in ONE space? I can carry 2 packs of 2 each (in 2 spaces) , but I can also carry 1 pack of 5 (in one space) .. so why not put them together? Same with antibiotics.. you know how much SPACE 4 antibiotic tablets take up IRL ?.. you know how much space 7 antibiotics take up.?. So do the same with them as with rags and ammo.. Combine.   JustCaused is right.

Hey - same with worms - remember empty cans in the mod for boiling water?  - these will come back (i hope) when water becomes risky again to drink from streams and lakes -  you should be able to collect worms in an empty can, until you have penty of worms... (say a top limit of 20 ?). AND you can dig up worms with just about anything.. bayonet, knife, empty can (tin lid) , screwdriver, you can dig worms with a stick, really.. Man, IRL if you kick the ground up with a bootheel and pull out some earth with your bare hands.. you find worms.

Also you ought to be able to mine rocks with a hammer.. take a look at that hammer in the game, dude, that's a rock-breaking hammer for sure.. Geologists use hammers smaller than that.

Off topic, but while I'm mentioning tools - nobody ever sideswipes with a pitchfork if they want to kill someone. You'd have to be seriously strange to try that. You stick the damn pitchfork straight in their neck or in their chest, right? (or in the groin, heh). How you going to hurt a zombie swinging a pitchfork sideways at it ?

For the mountain backpack: Maybe a square of camo net could be used as a face mask, or put over your head, or put over your backpack? I've got a bright red mountain pack right now. (only big pack I've found) - I think you can see this RED all the way through to the other side of a forest. Why can't I rub dirt or mud in it? Spray paint it green (just the red part)? Tie a bunch of grass on it like for the Mosin?  Pull a burlap sack over the top of it ? I guess if you were really trying to survive and stay out of sight, this must be the FIRST thing you'd want to do - hide this damn color.. so I agree with JUSTCAUSED there too.. Seems to me there should be several obvious ways to do it..

And - my own beef - I kill an animal and make a bag from the skin using a piece of rope, I put all the cuts of meat in the animal-skin bag.. so how come now I can't pick up the bag in my hands and carry it in my hands?  I  have to wear it on my back ?  - that's crazy. If you are hunting and butcher an animal,and you  wrap the meat in the skin (that's serious survival hunting, for sure) then you do NOT drop your own backpack and put the skin bag on your back.

I did this last week on a persistent server, made the bag, put the meat in it - couldnt pick it up? OK,so that's.. screwed up - but .. I go off to the woods 50 feet away to hideput my backpack under a tree, to come back for the bag of meat.. I come STRAIGHT back (like less than about 150 seconds later, for SURE)  dead animal gone (ok)  bag of meat gone (not ok). I run back to my backpack and THAT was still there, thank you Jesus. But I won't try it again in a hurry. I just want to tie up the meat in the skin and pick that bag up in my hands. Or simply take a burlap sack out of my backpack, put the cuts of meat in there, and carry that back to my camp.. with my backpack still on my back please. That burlap sack, says in the description its good for instance to keep potatoes in. So how many apples can you kep in a burlap sack?

Your other ideas, I've no set opinion.. except I like helicrashes ,BUT there should be zombies around crash sites.. military (pilot) zombies.. and we should have STEALTH to try to crawl up to the crash without the zombie pilots spotting you.

Interesting list JustCaused. There is stuff in it at least to make people think,even if they only 30% or 50% agree.

xx pilgrim

1)Haven't played DayZ SA yet(Won't work on my PC, but I own it), so no opinion.

2)Sounds good.

3)Sounds good, something to be done later when all the big things are done.

4)To do what?

5)No opinion

6)Not sure what you mean, but I know Crossbows can't use arrows, and Bows can't use bolts.

7)No opinion

8)Sure.

9)No, but perhaps make it so they can be dyed or something?

10)Don't see how gloves would affect your aim.

11)Doesn't matter to me. I'd be fine without it. If you did go with this, make them run down and in poor condition, obviously abandoned for a while.

12)Totally down for this, customization is always good.

13)Sounds good.

14)Sounds good, I think that is actually planned.

15)I like this.

16)No opinion.

17)Sounds good to me.

18)No opinion.

Hey all, thanks for supporting me, I will quickly explain some of suggestions and why I put them there ( pilgrim you are best! :D )

Crossbows and Arrows - Yeah, got a bit messy there. I mean, Crossbows shouldnt be able to use handmade arrows, only bolts. Handmade bows should be able to use both bolts and arrows?

Gloves - I said a LITTLE LITTLE bit. If you run for 1 hour, your hands probably would get sweaty. :D

Logging timer - As I have explained above, I think my plan of timer should be more effective, let me explain again. ( You quit server before 5 seconds after spawn, you can can quit and login in same server without timer ( effective for accidentaly joining servers ) ; You quit server after 5 seconds have passed from spawn, you wait 120 seconds to join anthoner server. ; You get server restart message, you can join ONLY server that was restarted otherwise if you join anthoner server you will get timer. )

Backpacks - Yeah, it would be awesome if they could be dyed but, I think we should add black or gray backpack, because those colors exist. :)

Shirts able to roll sleeves up - Haha, personally my favourite. I know its not a big deal, just retexture file and it should be alright. I mean, when you click inspect on clothing, you should be able to see a square with that option and click on it. It would roll your sleeves up. ( Only on some clothing, because you cant really roll Tshirt. ) Would look really cool and would help others recongize.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR GOOD SUGGESTION REPLIES!

Edited by JustCaused

Bump. I would like to know more ideas and what developers think about this.

Almost everything on this list has been talked about and I'm pretty sure most of the "realism" suggestions have already been approved . I know for a fact searchable containers (cupboards and such) are coming as soon as optimization is better , you will never see the ability to use crossbow bolts in a homemade bow because a bolt is much shorter and thicker (meaning you'd need a bigger bow to shoot the heavy bolt far , but then with a bigger bow the bolt would be too short !) .

More realistic night time settings (not being able to change gamma in game) has been thoroughly talked about and I'm sure a unique answer to this question will be made by the devs as they usually devise their own plan on how to tackle common problems like that.. The sunglasses and combining of matches are a huge thing I've wondered about and many have suggested , I don't know the devs stance on combining matches but I'm almost 100% positive that he (rocket) talked about sunglasses and their realistic uses in the future ..

Rain affecting your screen is now in the experimental branch so if snow does appear in the game im sure it would affect your screen as well . Fires will soon have timers now that we can make fires without logs (on the experimental branch we can make a fire by putting sticks into a fireplace kit instead of needing a log) so in other woods it's too easy to make fires in experimental right now so I know they are going to add timers soon .. I would love to see the ability to roll up our sleeves to keep cool when were overheating and can't take off our shirt :) . I love your idea of black backpacks though , I rock all black all the time as well so I need a black backpack but everyone thinks it's a bad idea for some reason ! Maybe a Black taloon backpack ?

Almost everything on this list has been talked about and I'm pretty sure most of the "realism" suggestions have already been approved . I know for a fact searchable containers (cupboards and such) are coming as soon as optimization is better , you will never see the ability to use crossbow bolts in a homemade bow because a bolt is much shorter and thicker (meaning you'd need a bigger bow to shoot the heavy bolt far , but then with a bigger bow the bolt would be too short !) .

More realistic night time settings (not being able to change gamma in game) has been thoroughly talked about and I'm sure a unique answer to this question will be made by the devs as they usually devise their own plan on how to tackle common problems like that.. The sunglasses and combining of matches are a huge thing I've wondered about and many have suggested , I don't know the devs stance on combining matches but I'm almost 100% positive that he (rocket) talked about sunglasses and their realistic uses in the future ..

Rain affecting your screen is now in the experimental branch so if snow does appear in the game im sure it would affect your screen as well . Fires will soon have timers now that we can make fires without logs (on the experimental branch we can make a fire by putting sticks into a fireplace kit instead of needing a log) so in other woods it's too easy to make fires in experimental right now so I know they are going to add timers soon .. I would love to see the ability to roll up our sleeves to keep cool when were overheating and can't take off our shirt :) . I love your idea of black backpacks though , I rock all black all the time as well so I need a black backpack but everyone thinks it's a bad idea for some reason ! Maybe a Black taloon backpack ?

Havent played experimental yet, but it seems that devs finnaly started listening to players. :) Thanks for your opinion.

EDIT: About those cupboards and those items, I wanted to not make them like door system because it will add lag. I wanted just them to make a timer while we are searching cupboard and then make one table pop out and we can choose what to take. Its not needed to place items in world because they will add lags, just one frickin table with options.

Edited by JustCaused