Sign in to follow this  
Depletion

CD Key theft.

If I purchase arma 2 and combinded ops to play the DayZ mod, Do I have to create a new steam account or will it overwrite my ban from the CD key theft and I can use my old steam account?

you need to make a new account and repurchase

• Like 1

shady.

He is saying his cd key was stolen, and the thief got banned while using his key?

He is saying his cd key was stolen, and the thief got banned while using his key?

That's what they all say.

@OP keep in mind, whoever stole your CD-Key could have malware on your computer. Consider doing scans and such before purchasing anymore copies.

"Certain users have been contacting us regarding sudden global bans since last night when a BE Client and Server update was released for ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. To clarify, these bans are not false positives in any way.

In reality these are bans from the past that are related to the cd-key that is attached to a user's Steam account. Yesterday's update added support for old cd-key-based global bans in the new Steam version of the game (1.63). Note that with Steam the cd-key that is written to your registry is no longer relevant for authentication. Only the cd-key that is attached to your Steam account matters and like in previous game versions you will not be able to play on BE servers with a cd-key that is globally banned.

Therefore, if you previously had been using a new unbanned cd-key by writing it directly to the registry you will now have to attach it to a new Steam account to be able to play on BE servers again
."

http://www.battleye.com/

• Like 3