Sign in to follow this  
Depletion

I have a dream!

I have a dream that one day you can trust some in the world of DayZ. I dream that when someones tells you they are friendly, they mean it!

Seriously though. I just ran around with 2 people for 45 minutes helping them kill zeds find food, water, and gear and the moment they get their hands on a gun... BOOM right to the back...

Get em in a TS with you, that usually makes those who are ignorant be less....ignorant.

I have a dream that one day you can trust some in the world of DayZ. I dream that when someones tells you they are friendly, they mean it!

Seriously though. I just ran around with 2 people for 45 minutes helping them kill zeds find food, water, and gear and the moment they get their hands on a gun... BOOM right to the back...

It is because there is both little incentive to team up, and little in the way of "punishment" for dicking over other people.

IRL, if you grouped up in a survival situation, almost everything would be much easier. Division of labor and all that. Also, IRL, if you went around killing everyone you met, you would very shortly find yourself hanging from the most accessible lightpost or tree, courtesy of a lynch mob. That, or people would refuse to trade with you, a death sentence when all the loot sites are stripped bare by the clans that actually work together.

• Like 2

I know the feeling man, stick to only trusting people you know outside of the game, aside from unusual circumstances.

Ok, so what?

Welcome to DayZ. People will shoot you in the back, they will ride with you until you become a pain that they can easily get rid of with a single round.

It'll (probably) always be this way. Loot will always spawn, lots of people will just stick with their skype / TS3 buddies, and not many groups will be natural. Most will be artificial, made before even spawning into the game.

Why?

Because its a video game.

• Like 1

This is part of what makes DayZ great.

... come run with me, I can guarantee I won't shoot you, but I can guarantee we'll run into someone who will. Know your friends... well. Randoms who hang with you for 20 minutes or more are usually safe but always be on your guard. The apocalypse has many victims, don't be a statistic! If you can find a way to not be a statistic while surviving without killing others, well, you're doing something very right and kudos to  you. In the mean time, always watch your six.

• Like 1

I have a dream that ppl will stop writing these posts

• Like 2

I have a dream that ppl will stop writing these posts

This topic is the counterpart of the "To the guy at blablabla that I blablabla". Same story different point of view.

• Like 2

Hopefully when they start cranking up the number of infected and make certain supplies a bit more rare people will be less incline to shoot as it would draw a lot of unwanted attention. 

Rule number 1 when teaming with a stranger:

TALK. Get to know him/her. You will find out a lot about them.

If it sounds sincere, then great! Share food, share items. You will connect and keep playing.

If you see they are dodgy or full of crap or 10 years old, just say goodbye and leave.

My statatistic is roughly 1 death per 10 encounters. I always roam around NW part of the map. Made some friends, have some great stories to tell. Deaths I forget, those were asshat people anyway!

• Like 1

To the OP. Your topic remembers me another one about "KoS, how to approach other players", or something like that. And i ll give you the same advice as I did in the other topic: Do not group with players if your gear is way better/worse than theirs. If you meet bambies and they see you re friendly and they died in an epic fight 5 minutes ago in Elektro, you re a gift from the heavens, a thanksgiving day turkey. You just spare them the hassle to look for gear. That AK101 you have is just what they re looking for.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor

"Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom, and he lives in the earth.

Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered, and the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters. But in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men.

The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

Only this:

FS1101lg.jpg

This you can trust."

Edited by AshleyP
  • Like 2

- What is best in life ?

- Friendly interaction, trustworthy players, and working together. 

- WRONG ! Zod what is best in life ?

- Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentations of this forum ! 

- That is good! That is good.

• Like 1

lol, i meet myy best dayz friend in-game , i think its just luck

It is because there is both little incentive to team up, and little in the way of "punishment" for dicking over other people.

IRL, if you grouped up in a survival situation, almost everything would be much easier. Division of labor and all that. Also, IRL, if you went around killing everyone you met, you would very shortly find yourself hanging from the most accessible lightpost or tree, courtesy of a lynch mob. That, or people would refuse to trade with you, a death sentence when all the loot sites are stripped bare by the clans that actually work together.

Id also like to add on to that risking your life so many times, you'll eventually get killed by the bigger and badder murderer/"bandit". 

But the only way we can get that goal you said (which i would love dayz to get to) is if they add private shards, and communities that get built on them.

You'll have the notorious "blood mist" sniper of Electro, who instills fear over the city, the slave traders of Zelenogorsk, who have the city walled up and take unsuspecting people hostage and trade them for supplies, Vince the vehicle trader who travels around with his caravan of folks to trade parts and finished vehicles.

You'd be able to make a story out of what you do, and that (above) is just a glimpse of what could be done.

• Like 1

Id also like to add on to that risking your life so many times, you'll eventually get killed by the bigger and badder murderer/"bandit". 

But the only way we can get that goal you said (which i would love dayz to get to) is if they add private shards, and communities that get built on them.

You'll have the notorious "blood mist" sniper of Electro, who instills fear over the city, the slave traders of Zelenogorsk, who have the city walled up and take unsuspecting people hostage and trade them for supplies, Vince the vehicle trader who travels around with his caravan of folks to trade parts and finished vehicles.

You'd be able to make a story out of what you do, and that (above) is just a glimpse of what could be done.

Do you truly believe that you won't be banned for killing someone they care about? Or for "spoiling the ambiance" ?

YESSSSSS! Something more than just mindless circlejerk PvP!

Hopefully when they start cranking up the number of infected and make certain supplies a bit more rare people will be less incline to shoot as it would draw a lot of unwanted attention. 

On the first .50 branch i ran into about 8 other players. They were so busy trying not to starve/freeze to death that we ended up having a nice chat.

On the first .50 branch i ran into about 8 other players. They were so busy trying not to starve/freeze to death that we ended up having a nice chat.

Which is great and "as it should be" 

It just comes down to the game being too easy and getting boring once you all that you need(most of the time guns and ammo)

• Like 1