SMoss

Status Report - Week of 06 Oct 14

Kinda surprised the first vehicle they decided to add to the game was a V3S and not a bicycle. They would really only have to add in player animations while riding the bike like the legs moving up and down as they peddle it. Wheels turning and handle bars swiveling would be a cake walk compared to other animations.

In the south I am a bright yellow dot murdered in Cherno...this data is a good step forward but...what we need now is a map that shows characters who die with 5mins, show them in red and the rest in blue. This will reflect the useless spawning locations where people commit suicide. That would definitely change the interpretation of this very generalized data.

Look, i really loved to play this game and i was enjoying it...but in last update you insert Coldness...which is bugged because there is no such a jacket that you will not be cold in it...and if you are a cold in about 10minutes you die of Hipotermic!? Just tell me is that realistic? :/ Before update i played this game in about 3-4 hours per day..now im not playing at all...I will start playing when you fix that...for now..you lost one player.

This. Another frustrated player who quits. Prepare for a long, sad break dude...

The whole Dayz Alpha experience taught me NEVER to buy an alpha game again. The fun it can bring temporarily just doesn't make up for the frustration in the long run.

If you are short in money developing a great game and therefore decide to create revenue by releasing an alpha version commercially, you should have the decency and invest some of your millions to finish your product. Your don't have an excuse for current unplayable state of the game after all the millions you made BI. It's our money we paid for a FINISHED product. USE IT!

We paid for the full, complete game, and got access to this Alpha.

It's our money we paid for a FINISHED product. USE IT!

We paid for the full, complete game, and got access to this Alpha.

No you didn't, you paid for early access.  You boys are either trolling or retarded, it's hard to distinguish.

Edited by Accolyte
  • Like 3

No you didn't, you paid for early access.  You boys are either trolling or retarded, it's hard to distinguish.

This is a shell or frame of the core aspects be implemented into it to start the foundation for a game. It is far from an actual product still. Early Access= part of product development....It isn't hard to understand unless your 12 in that case you shouldn't even be partaking in a game like this.What happened to being I.D.'d for MATURE games. That is intended for a mature audience.If i offended you sorry and your bad Vibes and negative input on nonsense that you clearly dont understand or know what your talking about it clearly not needed. I don't understand why people interpret early access in a completely different matter. I'm really sick and tired of people trying to give this process a bad name. Maybe people you should look into something rather than assume things, that is pure ignorance.

Oops i men't to quote the other guy sorry. 

Edited by Scarcifer

The current bug I would love to see fixed concerns having an attached 75 rnd drum mag (for the akm) with a 30 rnd mag in your inventory. Currently if the akm has the drum mag attached and is in your hands you are unable to interact with doors, items, ect without first having to scroll through "reload 30rnd mag" causing many unhappy times in firefights. And btw the "reload 30 rnd mag" stacks in options for each mag in your inventory.Ex.   [Reload 30 rnd mag]
                                                         [Reload 30 rnd mag]
                                                         [Reload 30 rnd mag]
                                                         [Open door]

Kinda surprised the first vehicle they decided to add to the game was a V3S and not a bicycle. They would really only have to add in player animations while riding the bike like the legs moving up and down as they peddle it. Wheels turning and handle bars swiveling would be a cake walk compared to other animations.

I think for the same reason the M4 was the first gun they did. Get it and the attachments right and then use it as a kind of template for all the others.

• Like 4

He's right though.. no need for that language either way.

Edited by Accolyte
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the Devs have said "you aren't playing DayZ SA, you're playing builds of what will become DayZ SA" so no, you did not purchase a finished product or something that claimed to be anything but and unfinished buggy project that is loads of fun to mess around in.

As someone who has been playing the SA since very early January, I am VERY pleased with the progress made in the last few months. They have really stepped things up. We're now getting detailed weekly reports on whats going. New stuff is being implemented pretty quickly and things are just picking up pace in general. A lot of the horrible bugs from early on are gone, you are no longer being thrown off buildings or sucked through walls 3 floors up. I've had much better luck with ladders and stairs. and I can actually walk though the high rise areas of Cherno now without my PC dying. Although that could be do to some upgrades I've made in the last 6 months but, I wouldn't think moving from a Core 2 quad to a i3 would really give me 20+ FPS in there.

• Like 1

Never died of hypothermic and im spawning quite a lot. Be sure to have handgloves, something for your head and pristine or worn clothes. What surprises me tho is that no one is mentioning the increase of unfair ''cloth and weapon removal attacks'' from fellow players. Before they kill you. As a player playing in Elektro on full servers, close combat, average gear, looking for trouble, it is more than 50% certain that this will happen.  I even spawned in a building where I quit the other day just to have my clothes ripped off immediately (2 minutes max) while no one was even in the building. Just like most players I talk to, this thing is dropping my motivation so I really hope this will be added onto those lists. A part from that, progress seems to run quite fast, i like that.

Besides, Chernarus was designed for the harvest season (aka; Harvest Red, if y'know what I mean ;)). I think it'd be far better to link the grass color to season change instead of making all the grass look bright shitty-green in the middle of winter. Makes zero sense otherwise.

I would love to see the colors change with the seasons in the real world.  Now that would be immersive!  I'm talking trees too - maybe leaf-less trees in Winter to provide a real challenge.  Would this not be possible with the announced introduction of an additional shader channel?

• Like 1