Sistinas1973

Don't answer the door when you are playing Dayz

So I been alive for over a week and was feeling good. Decided to go north past the NEAF and hit up some of the new towns. I loot out the airfield and proceed north when the door bell rings. Damn if it wasn't solicitors. So I told them, "dude, I'm busy, come back later." When I got back to my computer, "Your are dead." WTF. There was only 4 people on the server and I had just cleared out NEAF so I was pretty damn sure there was no players around. Don't know what killed me but it is what it is. 

Don't get distracted playing Dayz. 

I don't meant to be rude, but i literally see no point in this thread.

Sage goes in all fields.

My roommates cat was head rubbing my hand as I tried to point with the mouse while playing the other day.

I found a safe spot to crouch in a building and proceeded to pet teh kittah.

I did not die.

Here she is with my bike.

c2TNFKQ.jpg

If you like cats, she's a good 'un.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 10

This would seem rather obvious lol, never answer the door, never answer the phone, ignore all family and friends...  UNTIL you can log out in a safe spot. 

Cats = kos   (sorry)

Edited by Cptn_Miller
  • Like 2

I know that feel. Character alive since the 0.49 wipe. Fully kitted, protector cases, MP5 with magazines and so on.

Just went to get the nailclipper on the table behind me

Edited by Bad Company

I was on a server which rebooted, and I logged back in and I was solo - seemed like everyone else jumped to anther server. After 5 minutes, some dude -CJ- logs on. I'm waaaay out west on the map looking for heli crash sites. I head into Zelenogorsk and wouldn't you know it - there's the only other dude on the server. We had a good laugh about the unlikely meeting, talked about staying warm and some other changes, strategies for finding heli crash sites, and then waved and went our separate ways.

Even if there's only 1 or 2 people on the server, never think you're alone. I will say it's pretty obvious when someone is AFK, it's kinda garbage play to kill someone who's obviously taking a "time out". Then again, NEAF has a lot of zeds, all it takes is one you didn't see or that you thought you'd outrun to follow you and kill you until you die from it.

• Like 1

I know that feel. Character alive since the 0.49 wipe. Fully kitted, protector cases, MP5 with magazines and so on.

I remember that video lol, eaten by The Blob....

My roommates cat was head rubbing my hand as I tried to point with the mouse while playing the other day.

I did not die.

c2TNFKQ.jpg

Cats kick ass has it tried to lay on you keyboard yet lol if only I could train mine to hold W.

• Like 1

Reminds me of how my first 0.50 character died. No windows to be sniped from, no broken leg bug, no sound or anything, just standing there and then dead.

It seems there might be a new hack that can instakill other players. At least the end of this video (not by me) suggests it:

Edited by BadAsh

I did not die.

c2TNFKQ.jpg

Beautiful kitty, but whats with that bike saddle? You can't ride a bike with a saddle at that angle, your friend will do themselves a mischief. Riding that you'd always be pushing yourself back up to stop yourself sliding off.

Beautiful kitty, but whats with that bike saddle? You can't ride a bike with a saddle at that angle, your friend will do themselves a mischief. Riding that you'd always be pushing yourself back up to stop yourself sliding off.

That angle is perfect for me on that frame and I ride 400-500 miles a month that way, thanks though!

I was on a server all by myself. I turn around, take a sip of my drink, turn back around, "You are dead"

I didn't know heart attacks existed .-.

I was on a server all by myself. I turn around, take a sip of my drink, turn back around, "You are dead"

I didn't know heart attacks existed .-.

They do. Or at least they talked about people having heart attacks in game several patches ago.

Edited by escobert

That angle is perfect for me on that frame and I ride 400-500 miles a month that way, thanks though!

Having ridden similar distances a month for over 10 years I don't believe you. 

Having ridden similar distances a month for over 10 years I don't believe you. 

After 4+ years of all weather riding, 90lbs of fat loss, 1 century a year minimum (Ride to Montauk, Ride the Hudson Valley, The Farm Ride), and a completely self sufficient solo cyclotouring trip, I can assure that the angle of that seat is perfect for me.

Why would I lie about such a thing?

EDIT: WAIT, did you realize that the bike is at an angle on the wall there??

You may be perceiving a more severe angle due to the bike leaning.

Edited by BioHaze

They do. Or at least they talked about people having heart attacks in game several patches ago.

You are joking, right?

Joking is forbidden on these forums.

and he is serious as a heart attack :D

• Like 1

really though, i have been killed a few times afk....

think you have that perfect little hiding spot so you run to drain the weasel....hey it only takes a minute or so...

come back to either unconscious or your favorite and mine...you are dead

have seriously considered implementing a piss bucket under the desk...haha

You are joking, right?

Nope. Not sure if it was actually implemented yet but they intend for it to be at some point if not already. It was several months ago they mentioned it.

"The experimental servers are already juggling with various new conditions, from broken limbs, to the possibility of getting sick from rain and cold or the possibility of a heart attack.

Edited by escobert

As I was logging in last night (super crappy internet + semi crappy computer = super long load times) a zombie found me and started beating into me. I could see him when I would go to the menu but I couldn't move yet so I just had to stand there and take the beating. When I could finally move, I killed the zombie but I was almost out of blood, full greyscale, and half my stuff was ruined including my favourite gun.

So annoying. I have been half reduced to new spawn because I can't move while loading in. I wish your body didn't exist in the game until the moment you can take control. Anything other than that is just massively unfair!

:T

I did not die.

c2TNFKQ.jpg

Is that A Gary Fisher Mendota? Disc brakes? I love cats and awesome hybrid bikes.

Edited by Motey
  • Like 1

Wow, good eye!

That is indeed my 2011 Gary Fisher Mendota (yes, disc brakes), and I love hybrid bikes as well! :)

Edited by BioHaze

After 4+ years of all weather riding, 90lbs of fat loss, 1 century a year minimum (Ride to Montauk, Ride the Hudson Valley, The Farm Ride), and a completely self sufficient solo cyclotouring trip, I can assure that the angle of that seat is perfect for me.

Why would I lie about such a thing?

EDIT: WAIT, did you realize that the bike is at an angle on the wall there??

You may be perceiving a more severe angle due to the bike leaning.

Nah sorry mate I was in a sh*tty after picking up and injury going out for a run.

I've got 6 bikes, teach cycle skills and have done 200mile+ events and have ridden for around 20 years in several countries.

I've tried lowering a seat nose down when I was breaking in a crappy WTB saddle for one of the Mountain bikes that I was using as a foul weather commuter. I spent all the time pushing myself back up the saddle and it was a nightmare and probably not good for the knees or back.

I reckon if you made some adjustments and leveled it, you would notice a improvement in your cadence and and improved form. I'm fairly sure you back would be straighter and you would have less shoulder movement making you cycling experience better.

Nothing beats a professional fit though. I've had two, one was done by videoing me and making adjustments and that was disaster and I never went back to the shop. The second guy just took one look at my feet correctly judged my right shoe size and fitted me using a plumb line and just his eye. He was amazing the road bike felt completely different and I could do long distance events completely comfortably.

If you are doing long distances then I'd take it in to a bike shop that has a good reputation and see what they say about your seat. Also if you get a chance road bars might be an option as you can swap your hands around more. Either that or some bar ends. Although some folk still prefer flat bars, I'd never go back to them if I cycling any distance.