Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

I've been playing DayZ for a while, but I don't understand the death situation.

So few days back I had to kill a guy with my AKM because he KoS'ed my friend at the Pavlovo military base even though my friend didn't have his weapon out.

It took 3 bullets for me to put him down with the AKM.

A question comes to my mind though, according to the wiki the AKM gives -500 blood each round right?

Let's consider this guy had 5000 blood and probably he did, I mean, who doesn't have full blood nowadays? The guy was fully geared and had food aswell in his backpack.

3x500 = 1500

5000 - 1500 = 3500

So still there's atleast 7 more bullets for me to put in him so that he dies. 

Why did he die? If you have 5000 blood, does it really matter then, you can still die from three shots can't you? 

P.s consider he has 5000 health aswell. And It was not a headshot, bullets came mostly to the chest.

By the way, 3 rounds is an average I guess. I think 3 bullets landed on him, I actually used 10 rounds from my clip though but I think some of them landed to the floor or missed him.

In a nutshell: 

What actually makes players die from 3 shots only, when they have full health and blood, energized and hydrated? Or does that mean he was not fully healthy, energized and hydrated?

Edited by Yazar8

So few days back I had to kill a guy with my AKM because he KoS'ed my friend at the Pavlovo military base even though my friend didn't have his weapon out.

It took 3 bullets for me to put him down with the AKM.

A question comes to my mind though, according to the wiki the AKM gives -500 blood each round right?

Let's consider this guy had 5000 blood and probably he did, I mean, who doesn't have full blood nowadays? The guy was fully geared and had food aswell in his backpack.

3x500 = 1500

5000 - 1500 = 3500

So still there's atleast 7 more bullets for me to put in him so that he dies. 

Why did he die? If you have 5000 blood, does it really matter then, you can still die from three shots can't you? 

P.s consider he has 5000 health aswell. And It was not a headshot, bullets came mostly to the chest.

By the way, 3 rounds is an average I guess. I think 3 bullets landed on him, I actually used 10 rounds from my clip though but I think some of them landed to the floor or missed him.

In a nutshell: 

What actually makes players die from 3 shots only, when they have full health and blood, energized and hydrated? Or does that mean he was not fully healthy, energized and hydrated?

Does people in real life die for not having blood only? you can die with all your blood inside, and the damages values are just a base to the bullet damage , but you have the ''spinal fracture teory'' thats actually trut , and the blood you have doesnt represent you health, just blood values. what im trying to say is that there is a blood level, and a health level. for now every character has a predeterminated health , and this health doesnt regenates , its like 54 zombie hits , this means that if you get 53 hits , the next hit from a player or zombie will kill you, this only work for hits, cuz if you are dying from sickness or hypo,hyper termia , then your blood means how long will you survive.  probably that player went through a lot of stuff, figths, zombies etc , so his health wasnt full, this is why sometime zombies can 1 hiy kill players fully geared , ill leave you this video that explains it all 

• Like 4

I've watched the spinal fracture video a couple of days ago, even posted a topic about it here too, but It got merged with an existing one.

I still didn't consider he possibly went through a lot of fights, zombie hits, you name it. So in your opinion It's because his bone status was really low. Well I'd like to hear other's opinions aswell on this. You still have my beans though.

I've watched the spinal fracture video a couple of days ago, even posted a topic about it here too, but It got merged with an existing one.

I still didn't consider he possibly went through a lot of fights, zombie hits, you name it. So in your opinion It's because his bone status was really low. Well I'd like to hear other's opinions aswell on this. You still have my beans though.

Well not only that but you also have a shock meter which affects the rate at which your health goes down, i believe after three bullets his shock meter was so high that his health just plummeted to nothing.

I may be wrong.

Well not only that but you also have a shock meter which affects the rate at which your health goes down, i believe after three bullets his shock meter was so high that his health just plummeted to nothing.

I may be wrong.

even if a bullet comes by near you , your heart start to pump , so shock goes to it too, It just like this , this is not a COD game or Batlefield, you will die even if the wiki says that one gun deals certain damage , it doesnt matters , just shot and avoid being shot :D

Edited by LanceroxD

The blooddamage numbers on dayzdb are wrong. Problem solved. All guns do have 500 damage according to that site, and that's just not true. Everyone knows a Mosin does more damage than a M4.

Edited by Khanarac

The blooddamage numbers on dayzdb are wrong. Problem solved. All guns do have 500 damage according to that site, and that's just not true. Everyone knows a Mosin does more damage than a M4.

Does an AKM give more damage than the M4?

I guess yes? Because people are tend to spam the M4 and people are still alive.

I accidentally put a bullet in my friend's chest while killing a zombie with the AKM, he was close to die.

Edited by Yazar8

Boom....headshot!

But some of the variables are the more clothing layers you have on affect your resistance to bullets. Also the condition of the clothes you are wearing offers different amounts of protection too. At least that's how I understand it from reading the forums.

There is a health stat as well, similar to blood. You can have full blood but die from health loss.

• Like 1

Boom....headshot!

I believe this is it... shot location factors into the amount of dmg done and the effect of said dmg.  Its possible to 1 shot someone in the head if they have zero protection, hell iv seen videos where people go down with 1 shot to head even with good helm.

• Like 1

There is a health stat as well, similar to blood. You can have full blood but die from health loss.

Exactly. For instance if you eat rotten fruits or vegatables, this does not hurt you, it even feeds you. But it's unhealthy, drains your "health" stats and in DayZ it's even deadly if it doesn't get treated quick enough.

I believe this is it... shot location factors into the amount of dmg done and the effect of said dmg.  Its possible to 1 shot someone in the head if they have zero protection, hell iv seen videos where people go down with 1 shot to head even with good helm.

That was not a headshot, because I know It was not, I did not aim for the head. I aimed for the chest and legs. The guy had all his stuff ruined, It wasn't a headshot I may assure you.

The weapon damage being high enough. Those 500 you got from the wiki are some obscure base value. As far as I know the ammo used will also be factored in as well as the body part hit. Oh - and you tale more blood/shock damage with each item in your inventory (though clothes themselves reduce damage slightly). Edited by Evil Minion

The weapon damage being high enough. Those 500 you got from the wiki are some obscure base value. As far as I know the ammo used will also be factored in as well as the body part hit. Oh - and you tale more blood/shock damage with each item in your inventory (though clothes themselves reduce damage slightly).

Thought about that too, I think having a full inventory affects the damage by 22 percent right?

Does an AKM give more damage than the M4?

I guess yes? Because people are tend to spam the M4 and people are still alive.

I accidentally put a bullet in my friend's chest while killing a zombie with the AKM, he was close to die.

Yes, the bigger the caliber, the more damage in general.

So...

Mosin>SKS/AKM>M4/ak101. Shotgun is hard to define since it depends how many pellets hit the target. Generally its very strong when not sawn off. Machinepistols are another story too. I have no sufficient experiences with them yet, their damage seems to be on par with AKM/SKS, which makes sense. They have big callibers than assaultrifles and higher muzzlevelocity than Pistols.

Pistols:  .45(FNX)>9mil(CR75)>9mil-short (makarov)> .22 (Amphibia)

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

Actually I dont think you even die from blood loss. You die from health loss and loose health when your blood is gone.

I believe the game has 'vital areas' also. Headshot or heart-shots are instakill as far as I know. Not sure about the heart but I believe that it was there for a bit.

I have a question too. Yeasterday my friend logged in and had been shot in a arm from mosin. He manager to shot this guy in chest from magnum (guy wasn't wearing any vest). Bandit run away, I gave my friend few transfusions with saline. We met this bandot on airstrip 5 minutes later (he even still had same ruined jacket). We were in a controll tower when he opened doors and came Inside. My friend shot him once (for sure) in chest (again) with a mosin and he survived. Then he shot my friend - one shot from mosin killed my friend (he had uk jest worn and was healthy!). I tried to kill this bandit (4 shoots from makarov in his back) but he one shot me from mosin (I was healthy and he shot me in legs, cause he broke them). I spawned near krasno so I came to airstrip and guess what? Hid body wasn't there! After my shots he was unconsioud - not dead. How? He had no vest, was shot from magnum in chest obce, 5 minutes later with mosin and 4 Times with makaron in back. He survived and we didn't (we had healthy status, It was fresh characters, we had vests). Just How?