treetop82

To the guy I just murdered..

In-game voice is pretty much line of sight; if you can see them, they can hear you. 

Typing is slow and whilst you're typing, you're at a high risk of getting killed.

The "friendly dance" is the Q and E keys back and forth. 

I really don't think so, as i can see someone from hundreds of meters away, but the direct voice noticably decreases in volume the further i am from someone

You need to calm down, #1.

#2, you need to do you and let others do them. I wont tell you how to play a sandbox video game and you shouldnt either. 

#3, without KOS.. you would have no need to call yourself a hero.. since everyone would just be, nice and I guess make up pretend stories about what they are doing in game (roleplaying).

#4.. players leave this game all the time, and players come back all the time.. KOS is not the reason why they do so.. nor is it the reason they stay. Logic is fleeting in your arguments, and I say that with zero disrespect as rude as it is to say.. you just have not thought this out to the end yet

#5. KOS is the single unending part of this game that makes it what it is. Not only is it illogical for you to say it should not happen ever, it is implausible that players given the option to kill would choose not to. Its human nature to explore, and while some feel the need to explore being a kind person.. others feel to the need to explore being depraved. To each their own. The way it is for me.. I am at times a psychopath, and at others an angel in this game. For me its much more engrossing to explore the dark side of dayz, then the light.

I mean.. its a game, why try to limit yourself or furthermore anyone else in what they can or cant do. Only dictators tell others how to live their lives. Dont be a dic.. tator. 

#1: So glad I'm not calm. The torpid, jaded mind of the average person is a fate worse than death. Passion inspires the things you may like most.... Art, Love, DayZ.

#2: I want to be one of the few voices AGAINST KoS. You are free to KoS, server hop, and exploit game mechanics all you like.

#3: KoS is for murderers, murdering thieves, and griefers. These people are part of the game and the first 2 are "ok" to me as they play a part in the DayZ experience, a griefer is just that, and could playing any game to get their rocks off.

#4: I never said KoS was the reason people leave. I said KoS players seem to get bored with DayZ faster. NONE of the people I had this conversation with 2 years ago while playing the mod are here now having this conversation. They have either only left the forum (for a different forum or none at all) or left DayZ, the latter being more likely than the former.

#5: Throughout most of your response you seem to think I am telling people how to play. I am telling people how I play and how that does not include KoS for any reason.

PLEASE do not call yourself a survivor or a bandit if all you do is KoS.

There are A LOT of people who all they do is KoS.

I commend you for playing in a variety of styles and I have done so as well in the past, though I have never had an interest to play as bandit/murderer.

I played as a lone wolf and had 30+ day characters with motorcycles and pickup trucks I built myself and 1,000+ zeds, 0 murders. Do you not think that was a challenge??

Admittedly, I became bored with playing alone (after 3 or 4 months) and tried to find random friendlies, with mixed results. Around this period I dabbled in bambi assistance and some random medic work.

Also, don't mistake chaotic neutral for good.

If I can avoid a conflict by fleeing, I usually will. I will happily surrender a prime loot location to preserve my character.

If you manage to corner me or do not respond to repeated voice and text questions I may kill you for self preservation.

I hope they bring over a touch of the hunger, loot, and temperature tweaks from the latest experimental build.

A LOT of people will not like starving and freezing before they can run to NWA.

how is "bandit != KoS"

the easiest way to rob a person is when they're dead

#1: So glad I'm not calm. The torpid, jaded mind of the average person is a fate worse than death. Passion inspires the things you may like most.... Art, Love, DayZ

Is this still a discussion about a videogame? If not, feel free to disinstall DayZ - it clearly holds too much sway on your life.

#2: I want to be one of the few voices AGAINST KoS. You are free to KoS, server hop, and exploit game mechanics all you like

I hope you're aware people who kill other players not necessarily server hop or, generally, exploit game flaws. If I were a malicious person I'd start thinking this was a clumsy attempt at gaining the moral high ground...you know, arbitrarly linking a legitimate in-game behaviour to cheating and all that stuff.

#3: KoS is for murderers, murdering thieves, and griefers. These people are part of the game and the first 2 are "ok" to me as they play a part in the DayZ experience, a griefer is just that, and could playing any game to get their rocks off

So, basically you're saying that 2 times on 3 KoS is "ok" because it "play a part in DayZ experience".

#4: I never said KoS was the reason people leave. I said KoS players seem to get bored with DayZ faster. NONE of the people I had this conversation with 2 years ago while playing the mod are here now having this conversation. They have either only left the forum (for a different forum or none at all) or left DayZ, the latter being more likely than the former

What.

PLEASE do not call yourself a survivor or a bandit if all you do is KoS.

There are A LOT of people who all they do is KoS.

I commend you for playing in a variety of styles and I have done so as well in the past, though I have never had an interest to play as bandit/murderer.

I played as a lone wolf and had 30+ day characters with motorcycles and pickup trucks I built myself and 1,000+ zeds, 0 murders. Do you not think that was a challenge??

Admittedly, I became bored with playing alone (after 3 or 4 months) and tried to find random friendlies, with mixed results. Around this period I dabbled in bambi assistance and some random medic work.

Also, don't mistake chaotic neutral for good

WHAT. Do real people seriously use 30+ years old D&D slang to define their behaviour? Are we seriously speaking of your mod experiences on the standalone forum? Do you seriously think telling another player he's not worthy of the title "survivor" actually means something?

On a more serious note: you seem to be a roleplayer. Are you seriously telling me it's not "realistic" roleplaying someone who will not take any chances, and will kill on sight fellow survivors? Or someone with PTSD who will see any survivor as a potential infected? Or, you know, a simple murderer? Because you seem to be awfully quick in painting anyone who will not fit your personal view of roleplay as a cheating, griefing player who will soon loose interest in DayZ.

Edited by DocWolf

Is this still a discussion about a videogame? If not, feel free to disinstall DayZ - it clearly holds too much sway on your life.

I hope you're aware people who kill other players not necessarily server hop or, generally, exploit game flaws. If I were a malicious person I'd start thinking this was a clumsy attempt at gaining the moral high ground...you know, arbitrarly linking a legitimate in-game behaviour to cheating and all that stuff.

So, basically you're saying that 2 times on 3 KoS is "ok" because it "play a part in DayZ experience".

What.

WHAT. Do real people seriously use 30+ years old D&D slang to define their behaviour? Are we seriously speaking of your mod experiences on the standalone forum? Do you seriously think telling another player he's not worthy of the title "survivor" actually means something?

On a more serious note: you seem to be a roleplayer. Are you seriously telling me it's not "realistic" roleplaying someone who will not take any chances, and will kill on sight fellow survivors? Or someone with PTSD who will see any survivor as a potential infected? Or, you know, a simple murderer? Because you seem to be awfully quick in painting anyone who will not fit your personal view of roleplay as a cheating, griefing player who will soon loose interest in DayZ.

It is difficult to respond to you based purely on the fact that you're unable to comprehend what I wrote prior.

You need to slow down and go back over what I wrote. Your responses do not match what I wrote and you are certainly twisting things I've said in both your posts.

1: Yes. I was talking passionately, about a video game. DayZ holds 0 sway over my life and I have spent months away from the game when it was not to my liking. I am a creative person and I consider games to be Art. I very rarely find a band, movie director, or game developer that gives me much faith in the creative world at large and DayZ is a rare instance where I believe in the developers vision and have supported it nearly from it's inception. Most games are not innovative and offer little in the way of new experiences. DayZ breathed life back into online PC gaming for me.

2: "I hope you're aware people who kill other players not necessarily server hop or, generally, exploit game flaws. If I were a malicious person I'd start thinking this was a clumsy attempt at gaining the moral high ground...you know, arbitrarly linking a legitimate in-game behaviour to cheating and all that stuff."

^^^Here's where you put words in my mouth and it's obvious my clear and concise point was completely twisted (or you're trolling). I mentioned exploits and server hopping as being in the game, and things people do which I don't care for either. I NEVER said people who KoS also hop/exploit.

3: "I never said KoS was the reason people leave. I said KoS players seem to get bored with DayZ faster. NONE of the people I had this conversation with 2 years ago while playing the mod are here now having this conversation. They have either only left the forum (for a different forum or none at all) or left DayZ, the latter being more likely than the former."

^^^This is a well written, perfectly cogent sentence.

4: Yes, using 30+ year old D&D slang is relevant to gaming. Yes, I am speaking of my mod experience because it was relevant to my point prior. Please show me where that is forbidden. I also believe the terms we use to describe play styles is important as I believe language and being understood is important too, something you do not seem to value.

5: Your last paragraph is a perfect example of you twisting what I said and clearly not comprehending the core of my statements. If you cannot take the time to try to understand what I wrote, I have no reason to respond further.

In fact, I will not even justify your last paragraph with a point by point reply and if you went back and read what I wrote in both of my posts you would find you completely ignored what I wrote.

You guys are pikers, agonizing over a death or two. Play some grand strategy games, you have the digital blood of billions on your hands. :)

• Like 3

Okay, attempt at a serious post this time.

You guys are hilarious, like, for real. This is a forum for a game and you two are bitching/defending yourselves like your finances are at stake in court.

To be short, lol.

It is not "acceptable" for me to KoS anywhere in this game.

I really wish the people who played this way would stop making excuses, patting each other on the back, and encouraging/supporting others in picking up this practice.

KoS is KoS is KoS.

You're MURDERERS.

Not survivors, not bandits.

Edit to say: Maybe after a year or 2 of reading repetitive threads you'll stop putting up shields of text for new members who don't search the forum and contribute to a "master thread" o nthe same topic.

I like it. neat vid. 

I always say "Hi" often I don't even have time to say "friendly" before they're shooting. I'd say about 50% of the time if I'm geared and I run into a geared player, they raise their gun to me and we start shooting it out. The other 50% I normally ask them what they're looking for and help if I can etc. If I'm not geared, people seem much friendlier.

That said. I've never had a friendly encounter on the NWAF. People just start shooting instantly. I don't bother going there any more.

Oh and if you're wearing a clone mask, it means you're already dead inside.

I've kos'd a few times but I always feel bad when I do it, so I pretty much decided that I'm going to take the risk and be friendly.  It definitely punishes you though.  The thing that sucks about not killing on sight is when you catch someone clearly off their guard and are like ,"Hey dude, friendly" and they proceed to sprint out of the room, pull out their gun and start shooting at you.

Yeah that's why you gotta get a bead and say hey man I'm friendly I won't shoot you.  If you do anything suspicious I got you lined up tho.  He runs you blast him.

Okay, attempt at a serious post this time.

You guys are hilarious, like, for real. This is a forum for a game and you two are bitching/defending yourselves like your finances are at stake in court.

To be short, lol.

Yet again (in this thread), this is the depth of your contribution, effectively a non-contribution.

*slow clap*

I shot man once and had bad internal regrets about shot. Many moons were spent in therapy processing the horrible deed I had did man. Now I am missionary for the Church of Hero and spread the word of our maker Friendly to the savage murderers (not bandits cuz they dun Aaaaaaarpee).

• Like 1