Sign in to follow this  
GtaSoldierBoy

Standalone Couple of questions?

Ok, so I got the mod recently started to play it. I like it alot, I played epoch for a while got used to the controls and variety of weapons. Is there any reason for me to buy the standalone. BE HONEST! is it worse or better optimised then the MOD. I am hearing alot of negativity. I want standalone but I do not want it to be unoptimised, i run on a laptop at around 60 fps in forests and outside cities and 20-30 in cities. On epoch.

I'd just wait then if I were you. It's fun as hell but there's no end game past gearing up and killing at the moment. Get a better gaming PC in the future and then when it's closer to release and more polished you'll be in heaven. Unless you want to contribute to the development process it's currently is in and don't mind it being buggy and horribly optimized.

• Like 2

Well, it depends. right now, the mod is better optimized and includes more features. However, upon completion of the standalone, it will have more features, far better optimization, better graphics, etc. pretty much everything will be better. the question is are you willing to wait? I know the standalone is expected to be completed end of 2014/early 2015. if you already have the mod, I would suggest just playing that until the standalone is finished, then buy it.

why dont you buy it, play it, and decide for yourself.

i get why people ask "is it good" and shit like that, but fuck, thats like asking me if i like mayo on a chicken sandwhich, i hate mayo, but mayo to you might be amazing.

in closing, buy the game and fuck mayonnaise.

• Like 1

DayZ standalone is more survival oriented vs epoch where its easy to gear up and the main focus is building bases and pvp

Well, it depends. right now, the mod is better optimized and includes more features. However, upon completion of the standalone, it will have more features, far better optimization, better graphics, etc. pretty much everything will be better. the question is are you willing to wait? I know the standalone is expected to be completed end of 2014/early 2015. if you already have the mod, I would suggest just playing that until the standalone is finished, then buy it.

Just clarifying. No way will it be completed in 3 or 4 months. The devs have said another year or 2.

• Like 1

why dont you buy it, play it, and decide for yourself.

i get why people ask "is it good" and shit like that, but fuck, thats like asking me if i like mayo on a chicken sandwhich, i hate mayo, but mayo to you might be amazing.

in closing, buy the game and fuck mayonnaise.

Whats wrong with mayo?!?!?

Whats wrong with mayo?!?!?

the internet is to small for my thoughts on mayo

• Like 1

Ok, so I got the mod recently started to play it. I like it alot, I played epoch for a while got used to the controls and variety of weapons. Is there any reason for me to buy the standalone. BE HONEST! is it worse or better optimised then the MOD. I am hearing alot of negativity. I want standalone but I do not want it to be unoptimised, i run on a laptop at around 60 fps in forests and outside cities and 20-30 in cities. On epoch.

The game is flat out not finished, or even fully assembled yet. Massive parts of it are being developed or are broken. If you can not honestly take getting killed by invisible zombies, zombies hitting you through walls, three floors below you. Rocketing off laders, starving for no reason. Low fps, random death, ecet ect ect, wait until at least beta. That probably wont happen for at least a year. 

But this is probably the best game ive ever played, and gets better every patch.

Just clarifying. No way will it be completed in 3 or 4 months. The devs have said another year or 2.

While I would be inclined to agree with you, the original roadmap of 2014 says they will finish end of 2014/early 2015. The devs have also said that they are pretty much on track with the original roadmap. Also, they said in the latest status report that the first vehicle/first basebuilding stuff is going to be added in the next update or so. Also, remember that some of the stuff may be added later too. Just curious, where did you get the info that they said it would take another year or 2? I'd like to check that out. Thanks.

the internet is to small for my thoughts on mayo

...I have found my kind. Mayo goes on BLT's, but that is it. nothing else.

• Like 1

Knowing the game is full of bugs and the optimization is even worse than the bugs I stll bought the game because I knew one thing: It will get expensive in the future.

Buy the game, don't play it.

If you want to play, don't expect a user friendly gameplay.

While I would be inclined to agree with you, the original roadmap of 2014 says they will finish end of 2014/early 2015. The devs have also said that they are pretty much on track with the original roadmap. Also, they said in the latest status report that the first vehicle/first basebuilding stuff is going to be added in the next update or so. Also, remember that some of the stuff may be added later too. Just curious, where did you get the info that they said it would take another year or 2? I'd like to check that out. Thanks.

They've been saying we'll have vehicles and barricading soon for months. everything I've seen has said 2-3 year development cycle and we're not a year in yet.

no way the game is going to be done early 2015.. creating and finishing a game like this will cost years of effort..

Edited by corn_ho_lio

If you enjoyed the mod, I'd say buy the Standalone. It's only 30 bucks, and despite all the bugs, glitches and hackers screwing things up, I've gotten my 30 bucks worth of entertainment out of it, and then some. 

Besides, when the game finally hits the shelves and it becomes the mother of all survival horror MMOs, you can say "I liked it before it was cool." ;)