SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Alright, who pissed off the DEVs? Rape simulator has been activated :( I'm all about survival but there is only so many glow sticks and wrenches you can eat.. And the running animation.. Looks like I have been raped! Back to .49

- Died 8 times to hunger

- Died 2 times to the elements/weather

- 1 time to zombies

- No loot

Edited by Slap_Fight

That's a fair question. I had gathered some things maybe a couple hours after the exp patch went live but I didn't get my fishing rod (and thus self-sufficiency) till today. However, once I had done that, I switched to 3rd person servers to try again as a fresh spawn on more populated servers and had the experience I described above. That fresh spawn I started today is only matches away from being able to cook a ton of boar meat but after getting to Severograd, I have enough food to last a while even without it.

So there's no question that luck plays a factor, luck always plays a factor and it should. Skill and strategy are still important components though. Though I'm not sure skill is really the best word, it's more strategy and perhaps just having a knowledge of the map. Having a clear idea of what your next objective is, not getting distracted and always being aware of your hierarchy of needs (what's going to kill me faster?) is I think crucial to surviving the beginning. The most important thing you can find early on is something to keep warm, it may seem like hunger but it's actually cold that will kill you in the beginning. So long as you are warm you can never starve as you can always forage yourself away from starvation, you aren't going to get healthy that way but you'll stay alive. However if you're cold, you're going to get hungrier faster and maybe eventually get hypothermic. My big balancing act with this character today was that when I found a badly damaged wool coat, I could stay warm but only with occasional bursts of sprinting which I'm afraid were depleting my calories faster, however just being cold also depletes your calories faster. The one thing that I really wanted wasn't food (despite being low-level hungry) but a sewing kit. And of course again there's the luck element, no matter how careful I had been there's always the chance some guy walks up to you and shoots you in the face or that one building you skipped had a can of tuna, etc.

Nah... you don't get it... when people says is "no loot", they mean exactly that..i normally the first one to say what you saying, and i also been playing long enough to know the strategies as you want to call them.. i been playing in the Persistent servers in Stable for a "challenge" for fuck's sake..and those servers are always empty. The calories burning is disproportional at the moment, and for once.. people aren't exaggerating ..i know... shocking....

Nah... you don't get it... when people says is "no loot", they mean exactly that..i normally the first one to say what you saying, and i also been playing long enough to know the strategies as you want to call them.. i been playing in the Persistent servers in Stable for a "challenge" for fuck's sake..and those servers are always empty. The calories burning is disproportional at the moment, and for once.. people aren't exaggerating ..i know... shocking....

My group feels full on sprinting burns energy much faster. So does being cold.

I have not starved to death in the three characters I have rolled sense playing on the patch. 

I was shot and eaten by a building, but in the 4 starts ive made I have been able to string enough together to survive and fully gear out. Except the one that was shot, just found an axe too :(

My group feels full on sprinting burns energy much faster. So does being cold.

I have not starved to death in the three characters I have rolled sense playing on the patch. 

I was shot and eaten by a building, but in the 4 starts ive made I have been able to string enough together to survive and fully gear out. Except the one that was shot, just found an axe too :(

Server hopping doesn't counts by the way..i never change servers because it breaks the immersion for me, and i always manage to survive even in servers that have practically no loot. I always try to play in the most "pure" form....no online maps, no reddit asking where the loot is..not Team Speak... just me and the game.

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

Server hopping doesn't counts by the way..i never change servers because it breaks the immersion for me, and i always manage to survive even in servers that have practically no loot. I always try to play in the most "pure" form....no online maps, no reddit asking where the loot is..not Team Speak... just me and the game.

I don't server hop and am self sufficient.

I don't server hop and am self sufficient.

Sorry, but i can't help feeling that the 0.50 build is taking into account "outside" factors...as for; Server Hopping, Team Speak, Reddit, Online Maps, Forums. Which is a weird way to approach "survival" in the end of the world.....

Sorry, but i can't help feeling that the 0.50 build is taking into account "outside" factors...as for; Server Hopping, Team Speak, Reddit, Online Maps, Forums. Which is a weird way to approach "survival" in the end of the world.....

I mean. I suppose if my character dies or if i just want to prove a point, I could kill myself and play on whatever server you pick and record it....  Im not sure what your getting at other than making some point about 'if i used the internet i could be good at video-games'.

How can one poster be sure of that for exampel I do not adapt or that I loot only mentioned towns? A tiny bit corky in my opinion. I have 600 hours ingame, do mostly exp first person and fokus on the survival aspect.

now this thread was started to point out that here is clear unbalance at the moment, woch have ben confirmed by several.

if one starts walking from factory you have starved to death before you reach reefy. This has nothing to do with adapting because if there are no loot then thete are no loot..

you die and cannot adapt playstyle.

:(

• Like 1

I mean. I suppose if my character dies or if i just want to prove a point, I could kill myself and play on whatever server you pick and record it....  Im not sure what your getting at other than making some point about 'if i used the internet i could be good at video-games'.

Yeah, but i thought the "internet" will be off in the end of the world...imagine... the end of the world comes, you lost, hungry, tired, thirsty..what can i do to survive ?.. i know !!! i just check this website http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus in my imaginary tablet, and i will know where all the stuff is....hurray !! 

Bullshit.

I've started on experimental right after they released the patch.

Though I am always playing hardcore on exp. I survived on my first character.

Even though I've sprinted all across the map from Solnichniy to Zelenogorsk.

I had around 7-10 hours of gameplay on exp with one char and managed to get Energized/Hydrated/Healthy half an hour ago.

And all that playing solo.

I still find plenty of food around.

Probably because no one is playing on hardcore though.

Yet you guys should take into consideration that having only a few exp servers for everyone willing to play exp, it may very well be that this is throwing the balance over board.

To many freshspawns for the amount of servers provided. Thus people keep starving.

My guess is, the respawn rate is quite good as it is.

@CPanther

I don't need that website. And yet I did survive on this experimental version without any greater problems.

And I only started reading about the experience others had with this version after I've made my way to the west and had been geared well. ( so I didn't even know I could have catched a few rabbits on my way there )

I am seriously irritated how bad many players are in terms of adapting to new gameplay / balancing

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 3

How can one poster be sure of that for exampel I do not adapt or that I loot only mentioned towns? A tiny bit corky in my opinion. I have 600 hours ingame, do mostly exp first person and fokus on the survival aspect.

now this thread was started to point out that here is clear unbalance at the moment, woch have ben confirmed by several.

if one starts walking from factory you have starved to death before you reach reefy. This has nothing to do with adapting because if there are no loot then thete are no loot..

you die and cannot adapt playstyle.

:(

Your story is confusing. First because you only talk about coastal citys, we have talked about how these rapidly get picked through. The distance you list would allow you to get very very far inland should you choose that direction instead.

Bullshit.

Though I am always playing hardcore on exp. I survived on my first character.

Even though I've sprinted all across the map from Solnichniy to Zelenogorsk.

I had around 7-10 hours of gameplay on exp with one char and managed to get Energized/Hydrated/Healthy half an hour ago.

And all that playing solo.

I still find plenty of food around.

Probably because no one is playing on hardcore though.

Yet you guys should take into consideration that having only a few exp servers for everyone willing to play exp, it may very well be that this is throwing the balance over board.

To many freshspawns for the amount of servers provided. Thus people keep starving.

My guess is, the respawn rate is quite good as it is.

Marry me.

And as a side note all the Anti-KOS people should be throwing 100% support behind this patch because I haven't been shot at or shot at a single person even though I've been locked and loaded on every character in .50. I've given food and supplies to 5 separate people.

Edited by dromag67
  • Like 2

Yeah, but i thought the "internet" will be off in the end of the world...imagine... the end of the world comes, you lost, hungry, tired, thirsty..what can i do to survive ?.. i know !!! i just check this website http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus in my imaginary tablet, and i will know where all the stuff is....hurray !! 

So... Would you feel really stupid if I kill myself and record living on the edge, without all this 'internet cheating'?

Cuz Im probably going to do that.

And I'm still not sure why you keep bringing up all these arguments. I just offered to prove that I can play your way, and further told you that the factors you listed were non-factor in the survival of my characters.

Unless you are just belligerently belittling me I have no clue what your on about.

Your story is confusing. First because you only talk about coastal citys, we have talked about how these rapidly get picked through. The distance you list would allow you to get very very far inland should you choose that direction instead.

Sorry, but you obviously either got "lucky" with your server, server hopped, or looked for "outside" information to know where the loot is. Don't assume that everyone is wrong.. that is never clever.

Bullshit.

Oh, really... ?  :rolleyes:

Start as a freshspawn...and then say bullshit again..., i didn't play to the 2nd day of Experimental, and all the loot was gone. Are you even wondering why the Exp servers are empty at the moment ? only few people playing in each server..or you just think that you are a superior human being and everyone else are scrubs ?

[...]..or you just think that you are a superior human being and everyone else are scrubs ?

I didn't know it until now. But you are probably right. I must be "a superior human being" and everyone else probably "are scrubs". Thats the only possible explanation for me being able to survive in a buggy alpha video-game. 

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 4

I didn't know it until now. But you are probably right. I must be "a superior human being" and everyone else probably "are scrubs". Thats the only possible explanation for me being able to survive in a buggy alpha video-game. 

Well.. you and that other dude are assuming that everyone is wrong...yet the Exp servers are empty for a "reason". Showing off your "superiority" without even checking all the facts is very stupid... and i hope you feeling very stupid right now...

Edited by Cpanther

Well.. you and that other dude are assuming that everyone is wrong...yet the Exp servers are empty for a "reason". Showing off your "superiority" without even checking all the facts is very stupid... and i hope you feeling very stupid right now...

this.

Every time an experimental patch comes out and it's as expected, unstable as hell with lots of broken stuff, an elite corps of assholes comes onto the forums describing how the new 'fall through the floor and explode [or whatever the flavour of the week is]' feature is just something you have to adapt to or else you're just a scrub, I love how promptly they disappear when the patch goes stable and the new hardcore 'freeze to death in 14 seconds flat' feature has been fixed.

• Like 1

I don't know how to feel about this comment... 

I hate people like you.. u take what people type and twist it to be about you. nothing u quoted was about the post made so.

i nearly feel sorry for you that u feel the need to play a game alone? (if u couldn't communicate with the community/players that's understandable but im assuming its of your own choice.)

by your statement.

Edited by Renigade

I don't know how to feel about this comment... 

I hate people like you.. u take what people type and twist it to be about you. nothing u quoted was about the post made so.

i nearly feel sorry for you that u feel the need to play a game alone? (if u couldn't communicate with the community/players that's understandable but im assuming its of your own choice.)

by your statement.

Communicate ? .....play alone ?... that is what DayZ is about. Isn't a global chat, a lobby to find people to play with, not spawning with you friends option...the only way to "communicate" is with outside tools. I feel sorry for people like you that always tries to change things to fit with their ideas. 

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

Any idea on what they added? 

i hate this trend to not say what they added.

HOW DO I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO TEST

• Like 1

this.

Every time an experimental patch comes out and it's as expected, unstable as hell with lots of broken stuff, an elite corps of assholes comes onto the forums describing how the new 'fall through the floor and explode [or whatever the flavour of the week is]' feature is just something you have to adapt to or else you're just a scrub, I love how promptly they disappear when the patch goes stable and the new hardcore 'freeze to death in 14 seconds flat' feature has been fixed.

Actually I feel fine thanks. The urge to make someone feels stupid is kinda akward though. Maybe you should think about that.

Also @ a_ruttle please refer to us as superior human beings as CPanther mentioned.

Its funny how after every experimental people start bitching and crying I CANNOT SURVIVE THIS SUCKS I WANNA COD NOT SURVIVAL

I always wondered why you play this game it clearly states its a survival game.

How would this be a survival game if surviving was guaranteed?

Actually I feel fine thanks. The urge to make someone feels stupid is kinda akward though. Maybe you should think about that.

Also @ a_ruttle please refer to us as superior human beings as CPanther mentioned.

Its funny how after every experimental people start bitching and crying I CANNOT SURVIVE THIS SUCKS I WANNA COD NOT SURVIVAL

I always wondered why you play this game it clearly states its a survival game.

How would this be a survival game if surviving was guaranteed?

You just can't help yourself... are you ? In real life i will eat anything to survive...rubbish, dead animals, plants, insects... hell... i will even eat my own poo if i hungry enough...in DayZ with have apples and berries... oh... and lots of cans.... 

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

I will even eat my own poo.

Did we really have to know?

Did we really have to know?

Hey.. if you hungry enough you will eat it.. in fact.. you will be surprise the stuff you will eat if you desperate...even a cockroach will look incredible tasty if you starving...