SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

so far, last version of 0.50 is good and way better than 0.49 on many points. still, i encountered some issues :

- some weapons duplicate (especially when found near a vehicle)

- 20 rounds 5.56 box are visible ingame but invisible in inventory

- weapons dropped on the ground disapear most of the time (thanks for the re-log tip)

- when you wear gorka helmet with visor, balaclava is not displayed properly

- magasines do not spawn in military tents anymore (well okay, makarov magazine still spawn in tents)

- weapon that spawn on pick-up are usually inside the car texture and not visible without inventory displayed

- clothes repaired does not show the new status until you put an object inside

i'm not 100% sure, but it seems that AKM don't spawn anymore (or hoppers take them all) since i find 0 of them and never heard an AKM shot or see somebody carrying one.

you can find an SKS near every light tank, is that intended ?

magazines of commom weapons are really really difficult to find (other than makarov), i found 20 makarov mags for 1 mag of any other weapon. since you know you won't find a mag for CZ527, CR75, 1911, i don't even bother to carry them anymore.

reload animations doesn't match with the ammo capacity of MP133 (animation show 4 cartridge reload but you can fire 6). same for the R92 (5 bullets reload animation but 11 bullets capacity).

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

Each time I see a post by eugenharton I see the guy with mullet from The walking dead. 

• Like 2

yes! (Experimental)

cool really looking forward on testing it out,... 

btw do you guys plan on making the farming possible everywhere ? not just in the little greenhouses i mean ... was wonderuing the last week about that

Any Highlights for this update?

There *should* be tomato seeds, as I believe they were accidentally left out last week. We may also see the Kamensk Military Base removed temporarily until it is in a more finished state. Other than that, you won't likely get the devs to comment on specifics. My suggestion (and this is what a lot of us do every Wednesday): check the dev blog and check Reddit. The blog will sometimes discuss the current state of Experimental. Reddit is useful for comments from the devs as well as an unofficial changelog for each build of Experimental compiled by other players.
  • Like 1

Each time I see a post by eugenharton I see the guy with mullet from The walking dead.

Just because he has the same name ? Lol .. Get us to Washington eugen harton !!! He knew the cure all along .

• Like 2

The main issue I've had with experimental is about 3/4 days after an update servers that hadn't crashed become few and far between and the few that remain are bone dry with loot. Other than that, the last update was really enjoyable.

• Like 2

The main issue I've had with experimental is about 3/4 days after an update servers that hadn't crashed become few and far between and the few that remain are bone dry with loot. Other than that, the last update was really enjoyable.

That's becoming less and less of a problem, particularly with this third build of 0.50. Yesterday afternoon there were more than enough available servers for anyone who wanted to play, and although loot wasn't overflowing, I certainly didn't have any trouble finding what I needed -- even in highly-trafficked areas like Chernaya Polana.

It's so quiet on the forums lately ... And it's close to the end of the czechian day :( I'm scared .

i'm checking the forums and steam db evey 10mins lol, i guess they update after the workday ... has been like that in most of the exp updates

It's so quiet on the forums lately ... And it's close to the end of the czechian day :( I'm scared .

i'm checking the forums and steam db evey 10mins lol, i guess they update after the workday ... has been like that in most of the exp updates

Yeah, no worries yet. Eugen himself said Experimental is being updated today, and I doubt he'd say that outright if he wasn't confident about it. There does seem to be a disconnect between Steam updates and their workday as well, likely explained by the fact that Valve is based out of Washington, US which is 9 time zones behind the Czech Republic right now :p

Sweet good to know guys ... For you guys checking the database let us lazy heads know when something happens :)

Just because he has the same name ? Lol .. Get us to Washington eugen harton !!! He knew the cure all along .

I know, I just can't help it. It's rather uncommon name. 

Each time I see a post by eugenharton I see the guy with mullet from The walking dead. 

Oh my... :)

Also on rest of the questions :

1. I usualy update experimental by end of the day to get more fixed and data in. We try to keep them now to Wednesday schedule along status report. You can assume that stable usualy happens by end of the month. You get 3 experimentals and 1 stable build each month with 4 status reports and 4 dev streams. 

2. Work on logic of loot distribution is a long term task. Its gonna get better over time.

• Like 4

1. I usualy update experimental by end of the day to get more fixed and data in. We try to keep them now to Wednesday schedule along status report. You can assume that stable usualy happens by end of the month. You get 3 experimentals and 1 stable build each month with 4 status reports and 4 dev streams. 

Thanks for laying that out for us!

Regarding my stash test. I came back to dayz after about 30 hours and my stash of a blaze, rope, peaches, axe, face mask, and welding mask, had dwindled down to two blazes. Didn't have the time to test the fish trap and getting a tent. Also found some wire but server always restarts before I catch a whaskowie wabbit.

anyone else waiting to log onto exp and find tomato seeds.. lol

also does anyone know if we will be getting a hive wipe when .50 drops to stable in the next few weeks?

I got an issue where If I was holding a gun and swapped it for another different gun on the ground, the new gun is duped.

WOOP servers up!

Edited by DerrocK

also does anyone know if we will be getting a hive wipe when .50 drops to stable in the next few weeks?

Fuck no, I spent ages to get my Blaze snap loaders. If they get wiped for no good reason I'm going to devote all my in game time to killing and griefing others.

Edited by General Zod