Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

Lower the bleed chance or allow players to cut pants for rags

After 12 hours of playing and trying to gear up my player I realized zombies give you about a 90% bleed chance. Mixed with the god awful melee combat system and the blunt weapons made of NERF foam and the fact that less items can be converted into rags , the only chance for long term survival is to band in a group or make a straight line to NEAF and hoard ammo to make zombies a non issue.

The zombie attack of raise arms up, then down should not destroy your shirt,jacket or load bearing vest with less than five hits. Nor should a such a lazy attack tear your arms open to the point that you are bleeding profusely.

Right now any pants,TTkSO shirts,tack suit tops and medial jackets cannot be converted to rags. This suould be amended.

Or carry a medkit with bandages. 1 slot, 4 uses.

4 x 6 = 24 uses.

Good luck finding 6 unused bandage wraps. Last life I had before bleeding to death I used 4 bandage wraps and over 10 rags

Good luck finding 6 unused bandage wraps. Last life I had before bleeding to death I used 4 bandage wraps and over 10 rags

I don't know where you look, but I find them everywhere.

I don't know where you look, but I find them everywhere.

Even if bandages were as common as you claim, a skirmish with a handful of zombies shouldn't exhaust your supply. The bleed RNG is broke.

Even if bandages were as common as you claim, a skirmish with a handful of zombies shouldn't exhaust your supply. The bleed RNG is broke.

post-215038-0-30847500-1411736953_thumb.

I don't think zombies should cause bleeding at all. They should be able to cause broken bones, sure, but not bleeding. Their damage to clothes should also be greatly reduced. I'm always having a zombie one-shot half of my pristine gear, ruining most of the stuff I have.

Instead of bleeding, zombies should cause some kind of shock or concussion damage. I also wouldn't mind seeing bruising as an alternative - perhaps behaving like a fracture that heals over time. The more bruised you are the slower you'll run and the worse your aiming will be.

I think Zombies should give you extra ammo every time they hit you... oh... and heal all you wounds.

Tbh, if we assume the zombies are living people with a advanced rabies kinda virus, like we always have in DayZ, and we then assume that every single swing they make at you, is with full force and the zombie has no sense of pain what so ever, i think its fine the way it is imho.

If i grab a random guy, by his shirt, it doesnt take much effort to rip it completely apart.

Now imagine not becoming exhausted, not becoming tired and not feeling any kind of pain, i think its safe to asume that it will tear your clothes to shreds, in a matter of seconds.

If we then look at how living beings are still growing fingernails, and human fingernails will actually get really sharp when they grow, dont even need a cm of nail to draw blood from the skin (i work with children, so i know what im talking about lol), combined with the full force hits and no pain what so ever, it would not require much effort to make people bleed imho. 

I can understand its frustrating to bleed all the time, but the game is trying to simulate a full on attack from a raging human being, with no limitations (stress, pain, lack of energy) and if you have ever been in any kind of fight, you know how easy it is to hurt another human, to the point where he needs stiches to stop the bleeding. Just one punch could be enough to fracture his jawbone and make him spew blood from his mouth.

Getting into a fight with a zombie should be deadly and life threatening, they should be a real threat in Chernarus.

I will also add, that if you know how to swing a melee weapon, you can knock ANY zombie down, in one hit, without it ever touching you. Its really easy to handle 1 or 2 zombies at the same time. The problem lies in handling many more, as it should be.

Running into 10 zombies, with no escape route, should be a death sentence.

I don't think zombies should cause bleeding at all. They should be able to cause broken bones, sure, but not bleeding. Their damage to clothes should also be greatly reduced. I'm always having a zombie one-shot half of my pristine gear, ruining most of the stuff I have.

Instead of bleeding, zombies should cause some kind of shock or concussion damage. I also wouldn't mind seeing bruising as an alternative - perhaps behaving like a fracture that heals over time. The more bruised you are the slower you'll run and the worse your aiming will be.

Fyi, they already do that :)
If your characters shock value exceeds your blood level, you pass out and become unconsious, so its already in the game.

Every single weapon/punch has a shock value.

But i do like your bruising idea, and how it should heal slowly, perhaps over a couple of hours, based on the severity/location of the hit, and therefor cribble your char abit, also based on the severity/location of the hit.