Sign in to follow this  
mattcorman

Extension Island?

Hi guys i was thinking about dayz map! In this times, we havent good location where you can take tent somewhere and hide loot. When you are looking on DAYZDB map you can see lot of cities and less then low locations where you cant hide tent. So problem could be solved, when developers will change map like not closed map but rechange to open island for example like Altis or something like that, around island only see and some islands like skalisty island !

PYNjVPA.png?1

I think this is good sugestion because BI and developers make a total overfull server of cities. And a few sites where you can camping. Please try to change map.

My english is not good :) But you can understand me :)

Edited by MattCorman
  • Like 1

Chernarus isn't an island and should remain so, the Chernarus in arma 2 is only a small portion of the full thing, so they could expand westwards into that and northwards into Russia, and add Utes.

It would be pain in ass because there are no vehicles, but its cool I think. Why not increase maximal players and add vehicles?

Hi guys i was thinking about dayz map! In this times, we havent good location where you can take tent somewhere and hide loot. When you are looking on DAYZDB map you can see lot of cities and less then low locations where you cant hide tent. So problem could be solved, when developers will change map like not closed map but rechange to open island for example like Altis or something like that, around island only see and some islands like skalisty island !

None of this is planned. They think about a new map but their plan is to release the tools so that there will be player generated maps.

Not going to happen. They can make stuff on the sea that's part of the map but expanding stuff will break stuff. If you expand the map the coordinates will change and you can believe what will happen for some stuff like spawns etc.

It would be pain in ass because there are no vehicles

This logic is flawed. Its not like you are required to get everywhere. In fact its better if travel takes some time - the beauty of a big map is that there is a lot to explore and that you won't get everywhere in no time. If you are with friends there is also the challenge of meeting up in the first place - which also adds some value to "staying alive".

Now I think map size and player count should correlate to provide the right amount of interaction (both friendly and hostile) - and the current map might end up too big for 40 players when they tone down the movement to normal. Vehicles won't change too much because most players won't have one most of the time so they mostly affect maximum travel speed (and average travel speed would probably a little lower than it is now).