Sign in to follow this  
Termin@tor

DayZ ghost?

Yea, heard it too in some previous patch, but i've heard it in the open field and also couldn't find the source

• Like 1

Ive heard this before, please heard footsteps and doors opening and nothing there

• Like 1

Yes, this is creepy as fuck especially when you are alone and you have no idea what the hell is happening

Dayz ghosts confirmed.

I honestly though someone was trying to shoot me with a bow, for the first minute i was dodging and weaving everywhere, hiding in bushes until my friend said he heard some ticking sound and then i was thinking, uuhhh best not mention what i have been doing for the last minute.  :D

Edited by anotherdeadhero
  • Like 2

It's a know sound glitch. It's the sound of crossbow bolts or arrows hitting an area infinitely. Heard it before.

Edit: Would have been more interesting if it was ghosts really...  I would have liked that. Sorry to pop anyone's bubble. :(

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Yes, this is creepy as fuck especially when you are alone and you have no idea what the hell is happening

Dayz ghosts confirmed.

I waited for 30mins while I thought I heard someone running about a military jail, then gave up and ran outside and waited NO ONE WAS THERE!

Que Xfiles music!

I actually did a video about this back in July. 

It's the crossbow, but it still makes a great ghost video.

* When a player pulls the trigger on a crossbow without a bolt, players around the map can hear it.

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 2

In my opinion, there are far creepier ambient noises than this one :|

In my opinion, there are far creepier ambient noises than this one :|

I always jump and start to nervously look around when I hear the cracking branch noises in forests. It's not related to anything physically present, but it always gets me!  :o 

I always jump and start to nervously look around when I hear the cracking branch noises in forests. It's not related to anything physically present, but it always gets me!  :o

Yeah, oddly, random zombie noises do nothing to scare me anymore. My brain is immediately like, "Nope, middle of the forest, not a zombie." But other noises...

For example, there's what sounds like creepy wind noises followed by the rattling of a chain link fence. That STILL creeps me out EVERY time :| It's probably going to be quite a while before I get used to the bell in Chernogorsk, too.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Yeah, oddly, random zombie noises do nothing to scare me anymore. My brain is immediately like, "Nope, middle of the forest, not a zombie." But other noises...

For example, there's what sounds like creepy wind noises followed by the rattling of a chain link fence. That STILL creeps me out EVERY time :| It's probably going to be quite a while before I get used to the bell in Chernogorsk, too.But

But still, this bug with the crossbow really scares you if you hear it for the first time and have no idea what the hell it comes from... 

I don't get scared easily either but this scared me because i couldn't find the source and I searched every corner in that house.