Sign in to follow this  
sizl96

kill stats,kill messages in game too

N900Nbx.jpg?1

The LAST thing this game needs at any point is for people to have statistics to track how many people they have killed. You think KoS is bad now? Oh, brother, hell hath no fury like a gamer playing for the sake of his precious stats

Think about how much better Battlefield would be if K/D was not tracked at all! Imagine how much more people would play the Objectives! DayZ would be the same way...once you start tracking how many other people you kill (Translation for jerkbags...How many other people you 'pwn') then the amount of killing on sight with no player interaction at all will skyrocket. 

DayZ is NOT about killing other players!

DayZ is an experience, a journey without a destination, a world where every spawn is a new adventure and a thousand strange and heart-pounding things can happen! This isn't Call of Duty, where anybody that isn't you needs a bullet to the bridge of his nose. 

• Like 10

not kd just how many youve killed and ingame kill messages ahaa read ??????????

Ah, you must be new here, no problem !

Look...

Your search for the term stats returned 133 results.

I would like to see something like the Journal that we have in the Mod.

everybody including Rocket loves Joey..

• Like 4

Yes, ahaa, we CAN read.

No, because if EVEN KILLS are tracked, youd have people tryin to get the highest "score" because it proves how "ProL33tMLGNolifecodkiddiegamer" they are.

What Boneboys posted is excellent, just remove the kills.

Edited by Owen.

not kd just how many youve killed and ingame kill messages ahaa read ??????????

Like Rags already said... the LAST thing this game needs is stats. It will just inflate the KoSers and Psychos egos to disproportional levels... 

• Like 1

ye thats a good idea  :)

Ah, you must be new here, no problem !

Look...

Your search for the term stats returned 133 results.

I would like to see something like the Journal that we have in the Mod.

everybody including Rocket loves Joey..

Edited by sizl96

well maybe when you kill somebody u can investigate their body and see their name and stuff

I am in favor of stat tracking in all shapes and sizes.  I enjoy these things.  Maybe others don't.  Let me tell you right now though, I will kill you regardless of stats.  

I just don't like your face.

ahaa if your talking to me you dont know my face,i have a mask like you ;)

ahaa if your talking to me you dont know my face,i have a mask like you ;)

Then maybe I like your face.  Come, let me have a look...

Seriously though, I will be happy with the game just telling people who it was that killed them.  That is all I require.

Edit- I tell them anyway, as I dance around their corpse and tell them exactly how they messed up, leading to their noob deaths.

Edited by harteman

I wouldn't mind this Idea but for now I would just prefer it to say "(Enemy Players Name) was Killed" just a little indication that you have killed someone mainly for snipers like myself but not knowing is also fun 

While I don't have a problem with tracking statistics in general I think this wouldn't do much good:

• It gives a wrong impression of gameplay. Players might be tempted to grind stats because if its there its meant to be used. So if you add a "Survivor kills" stat people will kill survivors and if you add a "Zombie kills" stat people will hunt down zombies and brag about it, even if they would not have done it otherwise.
  • It makes actually tracking your achievements too casual (thats why steam achievements should be hidden or not have any progress meter). Players would simply not bother counting and just casually go along killing. I think if you really want to brag about your kills you should keep track of them yourself and maybe even take screenshots for your trophy collection.

Want a kill tracker? 

fZ6jZ4W.jpg?1

• Like 8

Want a kill tracker? 

fZ6jZ4W.jpg?1

Since we have technology, I recommend using it, and adding said kill tracker pad to the game, in the form of stat tracking.

Miles walked, beans eaten, strangers bandaged, elk hunted, bullets fired, accuracy, kills, everything.

I am going to play how I play no matter what.  Stats aren't going to make me a killer.  I already was.

You guys against stat tracking act like KOS and bandits aren't much of a thing in the game right now.  Be real.

You just don't want stat tracking due to your unproven belief that it will lead to more KOS.

I am here to tell you I do that with or without.

Edit- Since I think over half the population of the game will KOS anyway, why not indulge us, the masses?

Edited by harteman

I wouldn't mind this Idea but for now I would just prefer it to say "(Enemy Players Name) was Killed" just a little indication that you have killed someone mainly for snipers like myself but not knowing is also fun 

First of all, you're not a 'sniper.'  Second, no.  No kill messages.  It's been discussed; this game is going to communicate to you through context clues about the state of your character.  Little kids with scoped rifles don't need a handicap that tells them when they've successfully 'pwnd' someone.  

Or maybe they do.  Regardless, you're not getting it.

• Like 1

Since we have technology, I recommend using it, and adding said kill tracker pad to the game, in the form of stat tracking.

Miles walked, beans eaten, strangers bandaged, elk hunted, bullets fired, accuracy, kills, everything.

I am going to play how I play no matter what.  Stats aren't going to make me a killer.  I already was.

You guys against stat tracking act like KOS and bandits aren't much of a thing in the game right now.  Be real.

You just don't want stat tracking due to your unproven belief that it will lead to more KOS.

I am here to tell you I do that with or without.

Edit- Since I think over half the population of the game will KOS anyway, why not indulge us, the masses?

Well, Since we have technology.. we should also have a way to track how "anti-social" people is...hey!!... why not a humanity system in which you shot yourself in the head every time you reach 100 kills ?..technology at is finest. 

Edited by Cpanther

First of all, you're not a 'sniper.'  Second, no.  No kill messages.  It's been discussed; this game is going to communicate to you through context clues about the state of your character.  Little kids with scoped rifles don't need a handicap that tells them when they've successfully 'pwnd' someone.  

Or maybe they do.  Regardless, you're not getting it.

Wo wo wo bit of hostility there, must have pissed you off by expressing my opinion but to be honest mate the fact you say I am NOT a "Sniper" is a false statement because after all you haven't seen my playstyle but I can confirm that I do Play on hardcore as a Sniper (With a Mosin and LRS) and I am not a little kid... dont rage over someone liking an Idea it makes you look pathetic ;) I also stated that it is fun not knowing so run along little child and go try and flame someone else  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wo wo wo bit of hostility there, must have pissed you off by expressing my opinion but to be honest mate the fact you say I am NOT a "Sniper" is a false statement because after all you haven't seen my playstyle but I can confirm that I do Play on hardcore as a Sniper (With a Mosin and LRS) and I am not a little kid... dont rage over someone liking an Idea it makes you look pathetic ;) I also stated that it is fun not knowing so run along little child and go try and flame someone else  :thumbsup:

aaha true

Edited by sizl96
  • Like 1

Well, Since we have technology.. we should also have a way to track how "anti-social" people is...hey!!... why not a humanity system in which you shot yourself in the head every time you reach 100 kills ?..technology at is finest. 

Ok, sure.  Give me stat tracking and I'd oblige your desires as well.

I mean, that's cute and all. I could really just pinch your cheeks. Truly.  Hardcore you say? You must be beast.    Having a scoped rifle doesn't make you a 'sniper' any more than wearing glasses makes you a genius.

• Like 4

I mean, that's cute and all. I could really just pinch your cheeks. Truly.  Hardcore you say? You must be beast.    Having a scoped rifle doesn't make you a 'sniper' any more than wearing glasses makes you a genius.

Yes I play Hardcore more UnFriendly and I think It does if I hit you from lets say one side of an airfield to the other also the Mosin was actually used as a "Sniper Rifle" and seeing as I put an LRS on it, hit players from a far distance, spend alot of time observing player "hot spots" and doing a bit of target finding I actually do think it makes me a "Sniper" after all  :thumbsup:

Ok, sure.  Give me stat tracking and I'd oblige your desires as well.

You see... who says that we can't reach a "compromise".. you get you kills count.. but every 100 kills you character goes insane and you kill yourself.. you get your kills stats and the KoS will be reduce significantly.

Edit: 50 kills will better by the way... 100 is a bit to much.

Edited by Cpanther