Deathlove

More Spray Pain Color Options For Latter Please! :)

DayZ provides spray colors that help you survive. It's a survival game. If you want to be bright and glowing, you're not playing the game the way you're supposed to.

Oh that explains the yellow raincoat 

@up

That is one stupid example. 

Comparing surviving after civilization collapse, to pretests in town (which is not surviving).

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

@up

Comparing surviving after civilization collapse, to pretests in town (which is not surviving).

There's a difference between clothing that has its own uses (item slots, protection from rain) that may not provide as much camo as one would like and an optional spray colors that no sane person would use in a zombie apocalypse.

Edited by Powerhouse

There's a difference between clothing that has its own uses (item slots, protection from rain) that may not provide as much camo as one would like and an optional spray colors that no sane person would use in a zombie apocalypse.

Perhaps, but I see no reason why shouldn't we allow people to paint their guns pink.

Perhaps, but I see no reason why shouldn't we allow people to paint their guns pink.

It makes the game unrealistic. I mean, spray paint colors other than black and green would exist, but nobody would use them IRL (on items they're carrying, anyway). The only argument I could perhaps accept would be that this is a game and people want to have fun, but I doubt it beats the idea of making the game realistic.

Edited by Powerhouse

It makes the game unrealistic. I mean, spray paint colors other than black and green would exist, but nobody would use them IRL (on items they're carrying, anyway). The only argument I could perhaps accept would be that this is a game and people want to have fun, but I doubt it beats the idea of making the game realistic.

How does it make DayZ unrealistic ?

It makes it exactly realistic allowing freaks to paint their guns bright colours, to show off. 

If anything, this should be a mod that server renters can apply to their servers.  I personally wouldn't want this on mine as I'm aiming for a more hardcore, lifelike experience, not Hello KittyZ.

How does it make DayZ unrealistic ?

It makes it exactly realistic allowing freaks to paint their guns bright colours, to show off. 

It's something people would do in a game for fun, but not IRL where they only got one life and are trying to survive. So yeah, allowing people to use various spray colors is realistic, but people actually using them is unrealistic, so not allowing them in the first place is the right thing to do when seeking realism. They could exist in the game world for all I care, just not be usable.

EDIT: What's up with the empty lines when quoting posts using FireFox?

Edited by Powerhouse

What if I spray paint my orange yellow would it still be an orange or would it now be called a yellow?

My head just explode

And i guess you just find graffiti cans hanging around everywhere....right.... ? Don't worry guys... the end of the world will be horrific, but we will die in lots of pretty colors... i going for pink and blue.

Edited by Cpanther

@up

well even in wars ppl in the past would wear bright clothing so i mean ether way its been done regardless. Its kind of an easier way to tell your friends from enemies at times when your in groups on mics as well. Iv done it in the past and it works carrying an extra article of clothing that makes you pop out more.

And i guess you just find graffiti cans hanging around everywhere....right.... ? Don't worry guys... the end of the world will be horrific, but we will die in lots of pretty colors... i going for pink and blue.

It depends on where your at but some stores and even car garages and such should have a few colors other than black and green,

It's something people would do in a game for fun, but not IRL where they only got one life and are trying to survive. So yeah, allowing people to use various spray colors is realistic, but people actually using them is unrealistic, so not allowing them in the first place is the right thing to do when seeking realism. They could exist in the game world for all I care, just not be usable.

EDIT: What's up with the empty lines when quoting posts using FireFox?

Well if the world did somehow go into some kind of horrible primitive state i assume some ppl would wear camo while others try different methods to distinguish themselves with. Color and all that might go back to some kind of basic roots with war considering we would be right back to the damn Stone Age without internet.

Here is a civilian hunting rifle made by Savage Arms that uses bright pink and black camo.

nr14_SA_AXIS%20II_XP_lg.jpg

So i don't think bright colors for guns and other items would be to out of the question really. This would be a really good for finding items better anyways.

Merged.

Edited by Inception.

I'd also like to be able to apply spraypaint to items which can realisticallybe painted, such as backpacks and similar. Though, for balancing reasons I can see several spray cans being needed to paint a backpack (even though IRL it would take less than one, everyone would have dark green/black backpacks straight off, need to make it less available).

Also, spraypainted weapons, cool, but for the love of Zod, no "Youth Muddy Girl Camo". If I saw that crap in-game, it's KOS.

I'd also like to be able to apply spraypaint to items which can realisticallybe painted, such as backpacks and similar. Though, for balancing reasons I can see several spray cans being needed to paint a backpack (even though IRL it would take less than one, everyone would have dark green/black backpacks straight off, need to make it less available).

Also, spraypainted weapons, cool, but for the love of Zod, no "Youth Muddy Girl Camo". If I saw that crap in-game, it's KOS.

But if you think about it trying to find a normal camo gun can be rather rough sometimes. XD

I was just giving an example its not 100% out of the question to find odd colors with guns or clothing for war.

Personally id love to spray paint a helmet silver or a gun. You know just some odd stuff.

Edited by Deathlove

But if you think about it trying to find a normal camo gun can be rather rough sometimes. XD

I was just giving an example its not 100% out of the question to find odd colors with guns or clothing for war.

Personally id love to spray paint a helmet silver or a gun. You know just some odd stuff.

Baby steps first, I suppose. They should make all realistic items colourable with the available spray paints, then expand from there.

• Like 1

Fair enough - no reason to deny it to others though. Giving people options is a good thing - as is people going full fanatic ingame (!) and trying to restrict others options.

Because when killing others is allowed why should it be impossible to draw the hate of certain people by running around in a pink miniskirt wielding a "Muddy Girl Camo" rifle? Immersion? No - as long as the items have realistic properties* they won't break immersion. The Chernarus survivors are not a regiment of soldiers, remember! In fact everyone wearing military equipment and spraypaint only being available in camo colors (or usage being restriced according to color) is breaking immersion.

*There is a reason military units don't use pink miniskirts and brightly colored weapons. Again: The Chernarus survivors are not a regiment of soldiers!

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

Fair enough - no reason to deny it to others though. Giving people options is a good thing - as is people going full fanatic ingame (!) and trying to restrict others options.

Because when killing others is allowed why should it be impossible to draw the hate of certain people by running around in a pink miniskirt wielding a "Muddy Girl Camo" rifle? Immersion? No - as long as the items have realistic properties* they won't break immersion. The Chernarus survivors are not a regiment of soldiers, remember! In fact everyone wearing military equipment and spraypaint only being available in camo colors (or usage being restriced according to color) is breaking immersion.

*There is a reason military units don't use pink miniskirts and brightly colored weapons. Again: The Chernarus survivors are not a regiment of soldiers!

Tell this to the Red Coats of the 1700s........XD

I read one earlier about someone wanting gold spraypaint hell lets add prestige that way we can run YOLO and brag that we are 50 prestige and spent 200hrs to get a gold gun then if you kill 10 survivors you get a airstrike or some shit or a nuke. hahahaha if I see someone carrying a gold gun I'm gonna try and kill them.not trying to hate but I see gold weapons I think of COD and I hate that game and its players so much ugh I think I broke a tooth grinding my teeth just now.wear your bright colors paint your gear pink and blue and yellow with blue polka dots and then get shot a lot but hey you can always just spawn in again one pro of this would be no-one would loot your gear though they probably would hide your body.

Edited by gannon46

I read one earlier about someone wanting gold spraypaint hell lets add prestige that way we can run YOLO and brag that we are 50 prestige and spent 200hrs to get a gold gun then if you kill 10 survivors you get a airstrike or some shit or a nuke. hahahaha if I see someone carrying a gold gun I'm gonna try and kill them.not trying to hate but I see gold weapons I think of COD and I hate that game and its players so much ugh I think I broke a tooth grinding my teeth just now.wear your bright colors paint your gear pink and blue and yellow with blue polka dots and then get shot a lot but hey you can always just spawn in again one pro of this would be no-one would loot your gear though they probably would hide your body.

You know some one tried to do that to me earlier. I was in some rather bright bright gear. Lets just say it wasn't there day. lol

Sometimes we wear bright colors for a reason. Meaning don't fuck with me unless you got REALLY good aim.

I, for one, would like to tag stuff. I would also like the option to paint my own camo patterns on all helmets and hardhats. So beans for you my good man.

Agreed, Lets Tag Chernarus With Some Graffiti this is the Apocalypse!, No Rules! (Wearing my RedPunk Anarchy Boots, Face Bandana, and Hoodie With my Backpack Full of Cans)

Spray painting your clothing and guns is one of those things that would have been better left out of the game.

At the very least they can make weapons jam and sometimes no longer function if the paint gets into the internals from painting them out in the field.

Eh, maybe, although it should just stick to spray painting guns and attachments. I know I'm gonna get pissed when I find someone who spray paints every spare helmet, vest, backpack a bright colour and makes sure that nobody ever finds paint remover.

Spray painting should look sloppy and messy.  You don't just pick up a gun, grab a can of paint and voila, camo colours.

Hell no! Am I the only person who disagrees with stuff in fancy colours? Maybe it's to do with the fact that I'm shy, but I'd rather wear camo and not be shot in the head by a sniper (mind you, a logical survivor who wears camo stuff) because he spotted me from 500 metres away.

Seriously, this game is realistic, there would be a select few people that would wear bright coloured stuff but most people would prefer to wear green stuff and stay hidden. Not allowing people to wear whacky colours isn't really breaking immersion because barely anyone would do that in the first place.

Just my two cents.

Hell no! Am I the only person who disagrees with stuff in fancy colours?

I hope so but you are probably not. Opposing an option because you don't want to use it? Why would you reduce the options of another if it barely affects you?

Also you can't tell how people would react and you should not dictate it because you think you know. This game is about giving players a framework - options to choose from. The last thing we need is a "should not be ingame because only few would use it/its not high tier" mentality. The immersion breaking comes from not even having the option and from never meeting one of those select few.

Key is everyone having the option. People will find a use for it - even if its merely being eccentric. Here most people not using something would actually make it a good choice if you want to stick out.

Opposing an option because you don't want to use it?

Opposing an option because realistically, nobody would use it in a zombie apocalypse situation.

• Like 1