eukendwa

The 22 rifle

I'm saying Sporter is perfectly fine as close range weapon.

It has it's uses now and to say it's worthless without scope and bipod sounds stupid.

Anyway what's funny is, that you personaly was for having weapons that can NOT get any attachments.

I kinda thought that Sporter is perfect candidate for that category as simple low caliber rifle with relatively common ammo.

I agree on the sporter being perfectly fine for a start weapon with enough utility that a veteran player might prefer it over a more traditional rifle due to its readily available ammo.

I have always been against the over modularity in the game when it makes zero sense. I wan't the attachment system to play a minor role in the game and to be realistic.

If a gun easily takes a scope in real life it should in game, the ruger would easily take most scopes.

What I don't like is extreme modularity like what we see with the akm. There was like zero need for a drum magazine, a railed handguard, or even the pso scope on the akm. What could have been a low tier military rifle is now extremely high end due to the modularity in the game.

i really hope magazines for weapons like the sporter, makarov, p1, etc eventually get put into spawns other than military. i have a feeling the reason i never see anyone use weapons like these is because in order to have mags for them, you have to loot the hell out of areas where you'll just find an AKM instead. makes no sense to me..

• Like 1

i really hope magazines for weapons like the sporter, makarov, p1, etc eventually get put into spawns other than military. i have a feeling the reason i never see anyone use weapons like these is because in order to have mags for them, you have to loot the hell out of areas where you'll just find an AKM instead. makes no sense to me..

Sporter mags spawn in civilian houses now.

that is awesome news...are they really rare in civ houses? never seen one...i gotta say it's still easier to get a working AKM. or maybe i have twisted luck.

I agree on the sporter being perfectly fine for a start weapon with enough utility that a veteran player might prefer it over a more traditional rifle due to its readily available ammo.

I have always been against the over modularity in the game when it makes zero sense. I wan't the attachment system to play a minor role in the game and to be realistic.

If a gun easily takes a scope in real life it should in game, the ruger would easily take most scopes.

What I don't like is extreme modularity like what we see with the akm. There was like zero need for a drum magazine, a railed handguard, or even the pso scope on the akm. What could have been a low tier military rifle is now extremely high end due to the modularity in the game.

I'd rather that Blazer and Cz527 accepted optics, rather than Sporter.

Also Mosin might be better with just pu scope.

I consider Sporter to be basicaly the lowest rifle, pimping it out does not make much sense to me, gameplay wise for sure.

But I kinda agree with you, that maybe too many weapons are too modular as it is now.

I'd rather that Blazer and Cz527 accepted optics, rather than Sporter.

Also Mosin might be better with just pu scope.

I consider Sporter to be basicaly the lowest rifle, pimping it out does not make much sense to me, gameplay wise for sure.

But I kinda agree with you, that maybe too many weapons are too modular as it is now.

The blazer, cz527 and the sporter should all take modern optics they are all drilled and tapped for them.

The mosin nagant should be split into 2 weapons. The current version made far more rare and then made to spawn with the pu scope , then simply add a straight bolt version that is more common but cant take the pu scope.

SKS should have the pu scope removed.

Perhaps they should add rings so that you can mount optics on guns that would make the process a whole lot more realistic.

opplanet-cz-usa-scope-rings-cz-527-19002

My personal thoughts below, not much but experience to back it up.

The way the damage system currently works the items in your inventory take damage first. Larger more penetrating bullets do damage to several items at the same time, the sporter it seems does not do this often resulting in the need to hit your intended victim over 15 times to do anything that resembles damage. As weapon balance comes about im sure this will change but right now your better off trying to axe someone if they are close enough.

Why would you put a long range scope on a short range weapon?

I mean some CQB red dot thingie would make sense, but anything with higher zoom seems pointless given the fact, that 22.LR has crazy bullet drop.

Same goes for bipod, for those under 100m shots do you really need it?

I mean it is up to anybody how he pimp out his boomstick, but to say that long range scope and bipod would make sporter a lot better, despite the fact it is ment for closer range, seems as fallacy at best.

I think that only thing holding Sporter down is it's magazines being so rare.

If we could find atleast those 5 or 10 rounds more often, I think Sporter could shine and became popular atleast along the coast !

The 22 as a gun on the range benifits by a scope and it is commonly used. Even at shorter ranger - under 150m, a scope for getting thattarget or precious zombie head shot is nice. I find the iron sites not that great in this game. Something a bit more defined is nice - or a scope for me. Just preference in the event that I'm stuck with a 22.

I started this discussion because I could not find any mention of the 22 in the forum and thought that if the regulars or noobies knew that in a worst case situation they could use a 22 for basic survival until they got something with a bit more kick.

Honestly, for the DayZ noob, a Sporter is just the best starter weapon provided you have some mags for it. When you first enter Chernarus and everything is terrifying, a Sporter is your friend. Low recoil means that you can just unload on a charging zed until it drops, and low sound means you won't attract fifty more. You should've seen me trying to kill rushing zeds with an SKS on my first day... 

the .22 needs a bit more armor penetration, hollowpoints aren't gonna be fun if they're bouncing around your body. 

The blazer, cz527 and the sporter should all take modern optics they are all drilled and tapped for them.

The mosin nagant should be split into 2 weapons. The current version made far more rare and then made to spawn with the pu scope , then simply add a straight bolt version that is more common but cant take the pu scope.

SKS should have the pu scope removed.

Perhaps they should add rings so that you can mount optics on guns that would make the process a whole lot more realistic.

Would be ok with that, but personaly I'd be fine with mosin being just poor man's rifle with pu scope only and bayonet.

But I understand that with how weapons are now, they wanted to have something like "sniper" rifle and Mosin is currently in this role with LRS.

Maybe once SVD somes, then Mosin will be changed to pu scope only rifle, we shall see.

At one point I found a 22 rifle and had some rounds for it and could not find anything larger.

A larger caliber is going to deliver more punch per bullet so is more effective generally but is also caught up in the manly macho imagery and rumor. I had heard a lot of negative talk about the 22 in this game so I was not expecting the rifle to do me much goodl.

So off I went to an airport. I began encoutering more zombies and took the 22 rifle and shot each of them in the head. In each case the zombie went straight down. If I got their body they just kept coming with that zombie enthusiasm. It had to be a head shot. It was a reliable gun. At one point several came within a minute or so. By  keeping a bit of distance I was able to take them all down with that single shot to the head.

I did wish for a 22 magazine to speed up reloading but I survived.

So for those of you stuck with a 22 rifle don't give up hope or throw it away. If you have nothing else it can do the job if you take your time and keep a bit of distance.

Eukendywa

Any gun any bullet is better than nadda.Gotta use what you find at least us legit non server hopping people do.

Well...this makes me infinitely happy! Fun as it is chambering one a a time a trying to plink zombies in the head...

Current rocking a riders jacket too...tunnel snakes rule! After seeing wobo pull off this insanely awsome shot i've gone back to chasing down a sporter each spawn. The sporter will increase in value the more small game/game is add to DayZ. The ultimate survival gun. Bring on the rabbit and bird plinking.

The sporter is good if you accept it limitations in PvP but trying to pull of sneaky headshots or kills with it requires a good amount of planning and ambush tactics. Loads of fun.

*It's all in the 50 round box ammo.

*Low noise

*Lower threat perception

*Good zombie plinker with mag

Additions: Your older x4 fixed and common 3-9 variable scopes should be added for these civi style guns (cz, blaze, sporter etc)

Edited by Trizzo

Prior to the reset I had a.22 pistol and about 200 rounds in my pockets. It was a great gun for sneaking about towns and dropping zeds, plus also to keep some defences up incase I ran into an unfriendly. I'd gotten fed up constantly swapping between the moisin and the axe when in an urban area.

Any time I spotted a zed I'd get around behind it and double tap it in the head. With having at least one spare clip on me at all times I could blast away at any zeds that charged me and quickly slap in the spare in case of any threats.

It's all about how you use the gun and you can 2.5x more.22 ammo than 7.62....

K.

Gold plated .22 rifle with a drum magazine, low - light scope, bipod, grenade launcher, flashlight, bayonet, and round counter pls.

Gold plated .22 rifle with a drum magazine, low - light scope, bipod, grenade launcher, flashlight, bayonet, and round counter pls.

pffft round counter ...what a poser