Sign in to follow this  
Scarcifer

Night Vision and IR goggles

Night vision goggles would be useful for night. The infrared or heat signature goggles would only be good for seeing heat sources or players. Zombies are undead so no heat source/signature would be given/shown for them.

the "zombies" on dayz arent "Dead" - in fact they would probably show even better then a normal person if I understand right

Hope there are loads of batteries around. Perhaps generators so rechargable batteries can be charged or backpack portable solar panels.

NVG has pretty much been confirmed, or at the very least the have the model for it.  I'm somewhat mixed about IR.  But yes, zombies would show up since they're living infected.

Night vision goggles would be useful for night. The infrared or heat signature goggles would only be good for seeing heat sources or players. Zombies are undead so no heat source/signature would be given/shown for them.

The zeds are everything but dead. The infection virus is an actual virus that needs a living body as a host, the side effects of the virus is messing up the brain, thus making very hostile infected people.

As soon as an important body function ceased to work, the body's dies and so does the virus in that host.

Night vision goggles would be useful for night.

You don't say...

Edited by Trizzo

DayZ: How it started

mojave955

Published on Nov 15, 2012

Short background story of DayZ about how everything went to hell in Chernarus made by me

This was filmed using ArmA 2: Combined Operations Editor and was edited on Sony Vegas 7

• Like 1

NVGs sure are going to be useful with the servers we have.731uRAk.jpg

I remember Ol rocket saying in a vid sometime back that he would like something as a hand held minocular version that you have to pull up to your face to use as the entry nv

NVGs sure are going to be useful with the servers we have.731uRAk.jpg

filtering for daylight ???? i see plenty night time servers

DayZ: How it started

mojave955

Published on Nov 15, 2012

Short background story of DayZ about how everything went to hell in Chernarus made by me

This was filmed using ArmA 2: Combined Operations Editor and was edited on Sony Vegas 7

congrats i saw it before so just grabbed it from youtube , not trying mark it off as mine

you should make another one there is no Dayz how it started ......  i tried even wiki , only people could answer it is rocky really , the game seems bit dull with no back story . the first thing you decide is the back story , hopefully this is implemented asap , correct me if im wrong , but anyway this seemed the most convincing video i found , it could do with some little re working and some after effects , some of the story line is basic with its spelling and grammar but it has a really good concept ,.

Edited by friendlypilot

congrats i saw it before so just grabbed it from youtube , not trying mark it off as mine

you should make another one there is no Dayz how it started ......  i tried even wiki , only people could answer it is rocky really , the game seems bit dull with no back story . the first thing you decide is the back story , hopefully this is implemented asap , correct me if im wrong , but anyway this seemed the most convincing video i found , it could do with some little re working and some after effects , some of the story line is basic with its spelling and grammar but it has a really good concept ,.

Oh, I wasn't saying that you made the video.  I just wanted to make sure you were aware that it was just made up by someone and not the official story.  The video was really good.

• Like 1

NVGs sure are going to be useful with the servers we have.

Not sure why people are playing on those. If you want to play during daylight you can join a server in the morning or noon hours. servers that give you the option of playing at nightime as well if you like. I think enforcing a 24 hour cycle would do the game no harm - quite the contrary in fact. Exact parameters like shift or scale should be up to the server owners though.

If that issue is out of the way - sure, why not? But I think both items should be pretty damn rare akin to very specialized military weapons (AMRs, HMGs etc.). Only very few players should be able to get their hands on them (as they give you a huge advantage).