Sign in to follow this  
dinostaRR

Attachments 0.49

Hello everyone!

Could you guys tell me where could I find weapon attachments? You will believe it or not but we did a full map run yesterday and we found only one ak101 attachment, and few flash lights for guns. 0 scopes...

No scopes? None? A full map run?

qpRrBsv.gif?1

Define "full map run". I'm finding them.

I will not define anything. I wrote it down. We didnt server hopped, 1 server for hours, even with few restarts we couldnt find anything. Shocking part was that military spots are crap too.

But hey, maybe you could give me some advice instead of posting boring gifs?

Cheers.

• Like 5

Same here, I can't seem to find any ak attachments. I've searched in the usual places like military tents, hangars, bunkers, aircontrol tower, baracks, prison buildings...none whatsoever were to be found. This was also on server which had just reset/restarted. What's up with that?

I find attachments in the barracks buildings, as well as pso-1 scopes.  Loot is more rare now, though, so keep trying.

• Like 1

I will not define anything. I wrote it down. We didnt server hopped, 1 server for hours, even with few restarts we couldnt find anything. Shocking part was that military spots are crap too.

Cheers.

Alright. Don't answer my request for more specific information when I come to your topic with the intention of helping you with aforementioned specific information because I am not having the same issues that you are. Make sure you outright refuse people who want more information to help you. That'll really help. 

When somebody said a "full map run" we don't know what the hell you mean, because I'm pretty certain you didn't check every building and possible loot spawn in all of Chernarus.

There's my advice.

Cheers.

• Like 1

found a scope thats about it , im a nub mate so no idea where but for the hours i played i found weapon wise my whole time

1/telescopic baton

2.axe was prob the best weapon killed zeds with one hit

3.wrench

4/. pitch fork , useless against the zeds i tried it on put it away and had to try punching them to death

5/ cattle prod

6/ a scope damaged

7. a hoe

8 a machete

thats about it im afraid lol so if u see a noob running from zeds you know why its prob me

Edited by friendlypilot

I found a pristine LRS in a garage last night. I don't know the map very well yet so I cannot tell you what town I was in, but I do know it was in the NW and not military related.

Loot seems to be more scattered out as of .49. I have tons of ammo for every gun I don't have but none for the gun that I do. (SKS) DayZ has a funny way of seemingly knowing what you are after and making it very hard to locate. lol

I think attachments are supposed to be rare. I found a PU-Scope, some flashlights and various parts on helicopter crash sites.

As they fixed duplication issues this might mean people are actually looting the attachments spawning on the map right now - in consequence you will find less.

used to be able to get a fully pimped out AK101 in a trip from the NWAF to balota, but last night, not even one mag let alone the gun...

Also some servers have been looted like crazy while others , not so much .. Me and a friend looted two servers for five hours, the first was a very lootful server where we found everything we needed (attachments we found at smoking dynamo helicopter crashes. One near the green Mountain fields which was a scope for an m4 and another long range scope for a moisin at a garage, the only others we found on that server were pistol flashlights and weapon flashlights)

The second server sucked , playing on it for 2 hours only looting the west and northwest we yielded : nothing but new clothes and some beans and bacon LOL ! So some servers suck for loot at the time you go on , but attachments definitely are more rare , I would say they probably changed the location and reduced the spawns of things like :red dot sights for pistols and m4's, and those awesome iron sights for m4's.

My best guess is that you will have best luck finding red dot sights and scopes for automatics at helicopter crashes(which seem more rare now coincidentally?) seeing as two days ago I found an m4 with damaged scope near it , 4 10 rnd m4 clips , and a flashbang grenade all at one crash near green mountain .. It was amazing :)

Tl;dr : my theory is that heli crashes were purposely cut down in spawn rate because all the good stuff like attachments , m4 spawns and grenades are now spawning more frequently at these sites but maybe that server was just lucky!

Okey, so after several test I did found attachments like this (yet):

Garages: long range/pu scope
Police building, green boxes: long rage/pu scope, other pistol attachments or xbow

Military baracks: AKM / AK101 attachments
Heli crashes: M4 attachments

I think it may be on purpose, as you could find yourself a complete pristine loadout for your gun in an afternoon of playing before this patch.

Things are getting rarer now, which might just be the correct way of keeping people busy - as they will end up having to search for stuff rather than just instantly go shoot freshspawns again after gearing up to the teeth in less than an afternoon.

• Like 3

Amo Boxes ......Has anyone found one in .49?

I found one (damaged) at a heli crash site on the NW Airfield.

Besides that one, no  :(

I have been server jumping for hours trying to find the pso1 scope. Its really hard to find, i im starting to think they forgot to put it in the game again after the 49 patch. I have found tons of flashlights, 20-25 pu scope and 10-12 longrange. Anybody else found the pso yet?

Edited by gigastein

So I haven't found much.  M4 attachments are obviously only at heli crash sites.  The long range and PO scope seem to be the most common being in higher end residential, industrial, and military places.  The PSO-1 plus the other attachments seem MUCH rarer and ONLY at military spawns...which currently are only barracks it seems like.  The tents have been reduced to "supply" spawns I think.  The "bunkers" though (firing bunkers with sandbag liner) seem to have military loot.

The one thing I can't seem to find at all, ever, anywhere is a bipod.  Can we confirm this has been moved to heli crashes only, or is it just as rare in barracks as the folding butt stock and the PSO-1 scope?

Things are getting rarer now, which might just be the correct way of keeping people busy - as they will end up having to search for stuff rather than just instantly go shoot freshspawns again after gearing up to the teeth in less than an afternoon.

Amen

If the devs can somehow manage to make the loot system work so that players can in no way specifically look for specific items and certain items like Optics are ultra rare thus ultra sought after.

I think it may be on purpose, as you could find yourself a complete pristine loadout for your gun in an afternoon of playing before this patch.

With that said, and perhaps this is just by virtue of the current state of the alpha, I think that rare stuff needs to be rarer and at the same time, common stuff needs to be more plentiful. And I think we also need to consider what items warrant being common, and what items warrant being rare (based largely on what advantages they confer upon the player). Because in my mind, so-called rare and/or "military" gear isn't really all that advantageous over the current "civilian" lineup of common items.

Now, on persistent servers, I feel that the criteria for loot respawn is a bit too stringent. It makes it so I won't even search most buildings, because they've already been cleaned out or spawn nothing useful. And while I do want an emphasis on survival, looting still has to be a fun/rewarding activity.

It's a fine line between on the spectrum of being a tedious grind through useless items, or, a one-stop-shop easy gearing process.

That and I think there just needs to be more stuff in-general, spawning in residential buildings. And it needs to be useful stuff, not just hats and rotten apples. I'm not saying it has to be a freakin' tent kit or a pristine can of beans, but there's a lot of stuff that is pretty dern useless as it stands in DayZ now (see disinfectant and see weapon cleaning kits).

This is a problem I see with a lot of video games, which is usually to do with the environment. You have all this great scenery, buildings, and in-world items. But none of it can be used. For example, fireplaces... furniture... refrigerators. These are normally just there for show. But what about actually assigning a use, or multiple uses to them? That's also what I'd like to see (and am excited for things like world containers), not explicitly related to loot.

But I just think that before we start making things super rare, we have to have a more robust "common" base of useful items that can be maintained, upgraded, and relied upon until a player can get that hyper-rare SVD and Gorka-E suit. That, and we need to have actual survival mechanics... that are more than just stuffing your character's face with pristine, common, and never-ending supplies of beans. 

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

same here, i ran through all military base's. pill box's. typical buildings looking for a PU scope or a ps01 skope. nothing. 

Cheers.

The fact that you are not finding anything, just means devs are doing a good job at making this game a survival game. Did you expect to log in and get armed straightaway??? This games isnt all about guns.