flimsypremise

Easy Solutions to Getting Stuck

Let's get a few things out of the way. I'm aware the game is in alpha. I'm also aware that the official way to get yourself unstuck from a building foundation, landscape feature, etc is to report a feedback ticket and wait for someone to save you. I'm also pretty forgiving of bugs in the game, and I think in the vast majority of cases people complaining about bugs are entitled twats. In this specific case though, the problem is not only extremely game-breaking and frustrating, but the solution is extremely simple. Enable "Respawn Character" at all times. I know there are a number of drawbacks to this, and ways that players can exploit the respawn system to get a favorable location. But those exploits are vastly preferable to having a portion of your player base stuck in structures, waiting to be manually removed. Until there is a robust solution to this problem, enabling respawn is the lesser of two evils.

Or use the search function. There are heaps of other solutions to this on the forums.

• Like 3

Enable "Respawn Character" at all times. 

so lets suicide till we spawn in Elektro or Cherno shall we?

• Like 1

Can be easily deterred by a cumulative timer.

Or use the search function. There are heaps of other solutions to this on the forums.

It's entirely possible to get stuck in a way that you cannot escape without manual intervention. I've been stuck in a location where I couldn't activate the step-over animation, couldn't lie down, and changing weapons and running didn't work.

Who cares? If people are that anal about gearing up, it's really more their problem than mine. Getting stuck in a structure is much more problematic than a few players receiving a minor gameplay advantage. And if it's really that big of a deal, given that the game menu seems to track player state already, add a timer if a player respawns outside of the current parameters.

• Like 1

as of a couple of days ago, you can just disrobe and freeze to death in about half an hour.

• Like 2