Sign in to follow this  
H3r0ln

other with server problems?

ok i have a problem with vilayer server. after they got problem with acplayer site and they was moving that. my server been f*** up. and now after new pach it goes down all the time. any other who have vilayer that have same problem? or other server host???

GSP's have been having trouble since the update.

Hicks has tweeted that talks are on-going to solve these issues.

I was on your server yesterday, there were some unexpected restarts.

I have no info on the Vilayer situation.

They are indeed still having ACP issues which was happening 2 weeks prior to the patch but the patch has definitely made things worse.

I do hope they get the crashing sorted soon so maybe then they could also start fixing the ACP, BEC and other ongoing issues. Not all the issues they're having can be blamed on 0.49, as much as they'd like to.

Their service has been extremely painful the past 3 weeks to say the least. Yes, I'm a very frustrated Vilayer customer atm.  :(

Hi,

I get random crashed with Vilayer as well. I've also no clue as to how you turn persistence on with Vilayer either.

I can confirm our server with GSP Gameservers.com also have a similar issue with server crashes.

I think you need to contact your GSP provider to turn on presistance, as that's how we got it turned on with Gameservers.com anyway, could be different for other GSPs

got mail from them and they are looking into problems with bec. hope this random crash thing soon stop

They are indeed still having ACP issues which was happening 2 weeks prior to the patch but the patch has definitely made things worse.

I do hope they get the crashing sorted soon so maybe then they could also start fixing the ACP, BEC and other ongoing issues. Not all the issues they're having can be blamed on 0.49, as much as they'd like to.

Their service has been extremely painful the past 3 weeks to say the least. Yes, I'm a very frustrated Vilayer customer atm.  :(

tru cuz the bec/acp problem started before 0.49 relase

All GSP's are having issues with crashes and 0.49 and I cannot fault Vilayer for the random crash issues.

What I can bitch about is Vilayers ACP/BEC issues, since they're a separate problem and have been happening 2 1/2 weeks prior to 0.49 hitting stable. BEC got broken when they moved to a new multi threaded ACP, which it seems is when all these issues unrelated to 0.49 started happening. Although, ACP issues were happening they weren't as bad as they are currently.

They're good at blowing smoke up my ass and replying to me like I'm some moron that hasn't a clue to what I'm talking about. Just fix the farking issues that should of been sorted when you said it would be sorted. I even had a senior member of staff "assure" me that all ACP issues were indeed fixed. I can confidently call bullshit.

Currently the ACP is not setting the server time correctly, max ping and it won't even restart the servers half the time when they get stuck. If they go into a "stopped" state the ACP is absolutely useless and I will have to wait for them to answer a ticket on the issue, 8 to 12hrs later.

yes and cant set when the server will start up eighter..lik 1pm

It does seem that Vilayer is starting to iron out it's issues. BEC still not working all the time(only when it wants to) but at least the servers are a lot more stable.

ACP seems more responsive server time can be set, we're making progress. 

Edited by R.Neville

It does seem that Vilayer is starting to iron out it's issues. BEC still not working all the time(only when it wants to) but at least the servers are a lot more stable.

ACP seems more responsive server time can be set, we're making progress. 

yepp only bec is the problem now. no server msg about the restarts. but it works smoother now  :thumbsup:

Серваки падают до сих пор. Рестарт кривой. Бек не работает до сих пор нормально.

• Like 2

Same issues here with our servers when full it hangs and you have to restart it. and at times it will restart out of the blue.

Same issues here with our servers when full it hangs and you have to restart it. and at times it will restart out of the blue.

vilayer server works fine now. but now the fragnet server is crazy. stops after the restarts and need to manualy stop and restart them

Серваки падают до сих пор. Рестарт кривой. Бек не работает до сих пор нормально.

Аналогичная ситуация. Незапланированные рестарты и падения на ровном месте. Удалил пока плагины BattleEye и Persistance, так больше стабильности. 

We have a similar situation. Unplanned restarts and crashes out of the blue. I temporarily removed addons BattleEye and Persistance, so looks more stable.

• Like 1

vilayer server works fine now. but now the fragnet server is crazy. stops after the restarts and need to manualy stop and restart them

Yea Vilayer works good, and the BEC schedule actually works Fragnet is having issues down fall to vilayer is price $75 vs fragnet $69

Is it just a Vilayer thing? Or has anyone else had there server go down and not restart? Ours crashed around 10:30pm and finally went back online at 7:30am, and it only went back online cause I restarted it myself. Some of us are paying around $80 a month, and I think for that kind of money we should have some kind of stability, Vilayer likes to blame the DayZ community and their updates, but its kinda hard to believe that bs when I see other servers online when mine is down. I've experimented with turning BEC off and on, same results. If anyone here has anything to add, Im all ears. Also, is there a program I can use to graph and keep record of the server traffic? Would be nice to have more detailed information about what time it went down and for how long, and who was online at the time.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, that did a lot of good since i'm not sure what i'm looking for in the first place. Anyways....

Our Vilayer server still crashes often. The common theme seems to be that when it gets full, 5 to 30 minutes later it will crash, and MAYBE it will come back up, after a 10 minute restart sequence. Other times it will do a normal restart on it's 4 hour cycle and then never come back up again unless someone manually stops and then restarts the server, which usually takes 6 to 8 minutes for the server to come up and be playable. We've run the server with BEC off and on and it doesn't seem to matter as the server still crashes frequently.

I would be curious to find out what, if anything, those who are vilayer server admins, what they've done that seem to have made a difference for them and their servers.

Again, any Vilayer DayZ SA server admins that have rectified or minimized their server crashes who would like to share their knowledge and experience? It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Mindreaper

Thanks guys!

Merged.

Others...

Posting link to Search Function is of no use, direct link only please.

• Like 1

Merged.

Others...

Posting link to Search Function is of no use, direct link only please.

Thanks Bone, sorry for the mixup

Hiho,

anyone else having problems with their Vilayer server since maintenance this wednesday?

Acp is really a pain in the a**, shows that the server is stopped when its actually running and even when its working, the server is not.

I wasn't able to play a minute on my server since the error first happend, even if I manage to start it somehow, it doesn't show up in the server browser and when it does (usually after the 4hr Vilayer restart) its stuck at 8'o clock.

Already restored (clean and working) Persistence backups with no effect, and when I try to uninstall Persistence via acp, I get an error.

Already have a support Ticket but the Support manager just told me that he has made their coders aware of the issues, and that it should be fixed by yesterday morning.

After it wasn't fixed I just wrote that the Problem still persists and that I refuse to pay another month for a not working server, after that it got silent...

Very Sad

Edit: after hammering the acp (which is the only thing I can do atm since the support doesn't give a s***), I managed to uninstall persistence ---> server still not starting

Edited by digital217

When will Bohemia take action on the Restart Problem?

Our Fragnet Server go down and i have to restart it manuall. All the fucking time..

Honestly, THIS SUCKS!

Yeah, i know "Alpha blablabla" but this Problem is existing since 0.49.

0.48 worked absolutly fine.

But it sucks to come home from Work and see 40/40 Players on the Server, most of them with over 9 Hours Gametime and know that the Server was fucked up again...

In my Optinion, this is a gamebreaking Problem what deserves a Hotfix, but no...since Start of Patch 0.49 Admins waiting for that and nothing happens.

[sarcasm-mode on] But yeah, we NEED new Weapons in 0.50. Thats something with priority... [sarcasm-mode off]

• Like 1

Hello All,

Right to Rebel (=rTr=) has been hosting a 40 person DayZ SA server through Vilayer since July, 2014. For the most part, everything was running fine on the server until the .49 update. Since that update we've experienced a lot server crashes and server lock-ups. Below are some of the observations and issues that seem to present a pattern. I'm hoping that by posting this information that we can find similarities between the =rTr= server issues and other servers that may be experiencing similar issues and find the root cause in order to find a fix or a work around.

Server crashes shortly after max capacity:

I've been watching our server for the last couple of weeks and I've noticed that shortly after we reach max capacity (between 5 and 30 minutes later) our server will crash. This is a constant and never fails. I don't know if this is a hosting issue or a game issue. At the time of the crash, we are at least 38/40 to 40/40 with CPU usage at around 5%, memory being around the 10%, and a varying bandwidth. We have been unable to duplicate the crashing by say throwing a splint on the ground (for those who remember that issue) so we're not sure if this is a hosting server issue or an in game development issue.

Server locks up and won't restart:

This has been relatively new but it is becoming more frequent. Twice in the last 3 days our server has locked up and we have been unable to restart the server. If the STOP button actually works, you get a spinning circle and maybe it will stop, or maybe it won't but if you do get the option to START the server, the only thing that happens if you click on that is you get a spinning circle for about a minute and then it appears to time out. I tried for an hour the other night just clicking the start button to no avail. According to Vilayer's ticket response it "looks like there was a fault or error with the monitoring software on the node that was stopping your server from running." I was unable to get a response from them as to whether this was a game/patch issue or a mechanical server/hosting issue.

Server logs:

I've been collecting server logs over the last couple of days and I've noticed a couple of things. The first thing I've noticed is that unless you manually stop/start the server, the server logs do not update the time or date. In other words, if you are monitoring the server through the server console, the time and date does not update so you can watch the console for an hour (or more) and the time and date will NEVER change. This first example is from a couple of days ago and the log displays over 3 hours worth of data and it all says the exact same thing.

(This exact same message for hours on end)

2014.10.16 13.35.49 VILAYER MASTER SERVER COMMAND : get
2014.10.16 13.35.49 VILAYER MASTER SERVER COMMAND : normal

Checking server status, server running on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

Checking server status, server running on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

Also, we see some error messages when the server restarts. I see these errors on every restart and I have been unable to get an answer as to whether or not this is normal so i would appreciate it if someone with some firsthand knowledge is able to tell me if this is normal or not. Error message on automated restart:

Server not running executing start process...
Checking if service on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx is already running...
ERROR: The process "DayZServer_25129.exe" not found.
ERROR: The process "cmd_25129.exe" not found.
ERROR: The process "bec_25129.exe" not found.
Service is stopped executing start process
BEC Installed adding to startup infrastructure...
Server running on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

These error messages only occur on the automated restart or server crash and not on a manual stop/start of the server.

Server restarts take a long time:

The other thing I've noticed is when a server restarts at it's scheduled time or after the server crashes, it takes over 15 minutes (literally 15 minutes and 9 seconds) for the server to become playable again. Below is the server log (shortened version) of when the server crashes and restarts:

Restarting service on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx
SUCCESS: The process "DayZServer_25129.exe" with PID 7224 has been terminated.
SUCCESS: The process "cmd_25129.exe" with PID 6100 has been terminated.
SUCCESS: The process "cmd_25129.exe" with PID 7520 has been terminated.
SUCCESS: The process "cmd_25129.exe" with PID 5292 has been terminated.
SUCCESS: The process "bec_25129.exe" with PID 6120 has been terminated.
ERROR: The process "DayZServer_25129.exe" with PID 7224 could not be terminated.
Reason: There is no running instance of the task.

(this message for a total of 6 times)
ERROR: The process "cmd_25129.exe" not found.
ERROR: The process "bec_25129.exe" not found.
ERROR: The process "DayZServer_25129.exe" with PID 7224 could not be terminated.
Reason: There is no running instance of the task.

(This message 33 times)

Server running on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

2014.10.16 13.35.49 VILAYER MASTER SERVER COMMAND : restart

BEC OFF/ON:

Initially, i read some posts on the forums that turning the BEC OFF may reduce server crashes. In my experience, it has not made a difference whether it has been off or on. I ran our server with BEC OFF for 5 days, and with it ON for 5 days and we experienced the same issues as listed above. The one thing i have not tried is uninstalling BEC from the server to see if that would make a difference. Again, I would appreciate anyone with knowledge on this posting and letting me know how it has worked for you.

Anytime we have an issue and we submit a ticket to Vilayer they say it's a patch issue or say "it appears to be running normally" and close the ticket.

I am more than willing to work with both Vilayer and the Devs to help figure out what is going on. I work from home and i monitor the server most of the time from 7am to 10pm, depending on other real life responsibilities. I'm also willing to work with other admins or hosting sites to see how we can narrow down what can be causing the server crashes and lockups. Basically, I want what everyone wants and that's a working, stable platform to play DayZ SA on.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I would appreciate any constructive feedback or recommendations anyone has to offer.

Thanks again,

=rTr= Mindreaper

DayZ SA Admin

I do not think the dev team will respond to a forum post in the server section.  You may try to place a report in the tracker but keep in mind you would need to report what issues on the server bug/glitch/character related that are causing the crashes from said patch to keep things moving forward.  They are aware of and constantly working on crash related issues so ensure you search the tracker before commenting so you may upvote a previous topic if created.  Keep in mind, ultimately the responsibility for your server(s) would remain with your GSP you have chosen and the support they are able to give you as in all reality you are renting a server for a game that is a WIP and constantly rolling through changes.   

Best Regards,

Steak. 

Edited by Steak and Potatoes