Deathlove

Where Can You Find Hunting knifes?

Iv looked around but i have not found any yet. Found a kitchen knife but thats it. Are they really rare and where abouts are they spawning for ppl that find them?

It says industrial, supermarkets, car wrecks and most military. Iv been to quite a bit of military and have yet to find it. Guess i should try some industrial areas or supermarkets.

Edited by Deathlove

Found plenty of kitchen knives bro but no hunting knives. Hell! I don't even know what they look like! I did however have good luck at Balota, found an AKM (someone was murdered and the murderer left the guys AKM on the ground) and already had the AK101. I hide the Ak101 and rolled out of there as quickly as possible. On another side note, the tent city is gone, baby gone!

Found plenty of kitchen knives bro but no hunting knives. Hell! I don't even know what they look like! I did however have good luck at Balota, found an AKM (someone was murdered and the murderer left the guys AKM on the ground) and already had the AK101. I hide the Ak101 and rolled out of there as quickly as possible. On another side note, the tent city is gone, baby gone!

Personally i like the 101 better i sliced some one up damn good with it after I tried communicating with them and they made a failed attempt to try and get free loot from me with no response.

Yeah but if you look at the patch notes it says Hunting knifes are in so im curious about this. They must be ether VERY small and easy to pass up or just ubber rare in general.

On another side note, the tent city is gone, baby gone!

Have no fear ! It's been moved above the north west airfield :) I went there last night and geared up all gorka military with the new helmet ...just need to find the visor .

• Like 1

Have no fear ! It's been moved above the north west airfield :) I went there last night and geared up all gorka military with the new helmet ...just need to find the visor .

Nono.

above NWAF there has alwys been a tent-city.

the balota-tent-city is moved to ~011 082 on this map http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#5.011.085

:D

qpa1qPul.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2gr2ts/new_military_base_near_by_myshkino/

Edited by irishroy

New items :

-Hunting Knife

No ones found a single hunting knife yet? LOL it was the VERY first item listed that was new on the patch.

Edited by Deathlove

If the hunting knife is another unicorn as combat knife is, I'd be pissed O_o.

Funnily enough I could always get AKM with drum or two, but never combat knife.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

I havent managed to find a combat knife since they put military boots in with the slot to put the combat knife... Before that i found a decent amount of them ( well half a dozen or more but i wasnt looking for them then ...)

I havent managed to find a combat knife since they put military boots in with the slot to put the combat knife... Before that i found a decent amount of them ( well half a dozen or more but i wasnt looking for them then ...)

I found one before the reset, it was at a crash site but outside of that I have never seen one before.

• Like 1

Now a UNIQUE military combat knife i can understand being a rare thing but hunting knifes are rather common in stores and sometimes even in ppls homes. Id at least think they would be in a deer stand if anything? XD

• Like 1

They're likely set to spawn in hunter's shacks and deer stands. When those start spawning loot again (probably next Wednesday's hotfix) we will be able to find hunting knives

Nono.

the balota-tent-city is moved to ~011 082 on this map http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#5.011.085

qpa1qPul.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2gr2ts/new_military_base_near_by_myshkino/

Ooooh so there's another one ? :) I'm gonna check the new balota replacement one , i just found the northwest airfield one for the first time and assumed it was the new one :0 !

Nono.

the balota-tent-city is moved to ~011 082 on this map http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#5.011.085

qpa1qPul.jpg

Been there on 3 different servers, all i could find is just some water bottles and canned food. Bad luck or "broken" loot there?

Ever time I've found a combat knife, I've been shot shortly after.

I avoid them now.

• Like 1

Been there on 3 different servers, all i could find is just some water bottles and canned food. Bad luck or "broken" loot there?

Ha, that's what I found too. I hope it actually stays that way.

Haven't found any hunting knives yet though what Dagwood says above gives me hope.

Edited by Ebrim

Hmm I guess you were luckier than me. I remeber finding one or two in very bad shape, but that was long time ago.

Recently we got one, after we shot some unlucky chum at Balota and he had one.

Ever time I've found a combat knife, I've been shot shortly after.

I avoid them now.

You might be right. Last combat knife I saw was indeed taken from a body of stranger at Balota!

Hope it was not you O_O.

You might be right. Last combat knife I saw was indeed taken from a body of stranger at Balota!

Hope it was not you O_O.

Haven't been to Balota in months, couldn't be me. Last time was a couple weeks ago South of Pogorevka, at a heli crash site. Ran into a guy just as I found the knife and a flashbang and was trying to stall him while I tried to figure out how to work it. Then a third party opened up on us both. I died, but the two exchanged fire for a bit afterward. Not sure who was the victor there.

If it stays that way there is no reason to bother go there.

Not necessarily, there are a couple spawn points in the location that do produce mil loot. I did find the new helmet and visor there. Still, it's not much so that should keep traffic down, making it ideal for people who don't like making NWAF runs.