DannyFilming

French DayZ players, what do you say instead of "friendly"?

Hello. I'm currently trying to learn french and I thought I'd learn some popular phrases from games I like. I was wondering what French people say in DayZ where english speakers say friendly?

I've asked one other person and he said there's no word for it and an alternative would be: "Ne tirez pas, je suis dans votre camp" but I want to double check. Can anyone help me out?

• Like 1

just put down your gun, take off your clothes, and hold up your hands... or so the joke goes ;). going prone and spamming Q E probs works too.

sorry dont know anything other than non and oui.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

'bonjour, ne tire pas je suis (un/une) ami' or 'ami' or 'je ne pose pas une menace pour vouz/toi' or 'ne tire pas, jouer amicable ici' or ' salut...ami'

something along those lines.

Just shout out 'halte qui va ! avancez et identifiez-vous' 'poser vos armes et mettez-vous à genoux les mains derrière la tete'

There you go that should keep you going.

Au combat, tu agis sans passion et sans haine, tu respectes les ennemis vaincus, tu n'abandonnes jamais ni tes morts, ni tes blessés.... ni tes armes!

Edited by Legio23

I play with French people and they all use friendly at first encounter with other players, French or other.

Êtes-vous amical, would be the direct wording but no one uses that, however " Êtes-vous gentile ?" is perfectly acceptable in everyday French.

To expand a little upon typical DayZ dialog...

Depending on the situation results may differ, "à genoux connard" is my preferred when a French player shows aggression.

A friendly will be greeted with "vous avez le quoi à manger ?" and :beans: are offered.

When war is the only possible outcome cries of "créve crève fils du pute !" may often be heard.

Putain de merde, sale zombie ! is another that I hear on a regular basis.

French is a very rich language and full of colour, I am often amused in a most pleasant manner.

• Like 4

French is a very rich language and full of colour, I am often amused in a most pleasant manner.

You've never spoken to a Quebec'er :p

I play with French people and they all use friendly at first encounter with other players, French or other.

Êtes-vous amical, would be the direct wording but no one uses that, however " Êtes-vous gentile ?" is perfectly acceptable in everyday French.

Depending on the situation results may differ, "à genoux connard" is my preferred when a French player shows aggression.

A friendly will be greeted with "vous avez le quoi à manger ?" and :beans: are offered.

When war is the only possible outcome cries of "créve crève fils du pute !" may often be heard.

Pure gold! Thank you so much! The thing is, I'm learning french right now and I wanted to make some youtube videos teaching phrases and words from videogames in french mainly to keep myself motivated. Could you please translate all those phrases you just listed and tell me exactly what they mean so that I can use them? Google translate isn't helping me much.

Thank you so much!

You've never spoken to a Quebec'er :P

Yes I have and I just love Céline Dionne because of her accent, true French is Québe French !

• Like 1

Merde comes into the mind, but that's about as far as my knowledge of french goes.

parle parle? though i think that's deal/ submissive for the most part.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

To expand from Boneboyz

'Espèce d'enculé!, tu me tires dessus!' 'oh meeeeerde suis mort!' 'je vais te niquer ta race!' ' espece de salope! c'est MES flagolets!' 'alors! c'est ou la binouse?' 'pute pute pute pute, oh putain de merde pas encore!'

I love the French language especially having lived there for for quite some time ;)

To expand from Boneboyz

'Espèce d'enculé!, tu me tires dessus!' 'oh meeeeerde suis mort!' 'je vais te niquer ta race!' ' espece de salope! c'est MES flagolets!' 'alors! c'est ou la binouse?' 'pute pute pute pute, oh putain de merde pas encore!'

I love the French language especially having lived there for for quite some time ;)

So awesome, dude.

Could you please translate those phrases for me and provide an explanation to their meaning? I'm doing research for an educational video and I want my facts straight.

So awesome, dude.

Could you please translate those phrases for me and provide an explanation to their meaning? I'm doing research for an educational video and I want my facts straight.

erm...yes just PM me as they're not the most polite of phrases lol

Google translate isn't helping me much.

Thank you so much!

Well most are not really polite so if I did I would have to give myself une mauvaise note :huh:

Google will help, you just have to be tricky.

"créve crève fils du pute" would be die SOB but google won't tell you so I'm afraid,  crever is what you need in fact.

I am the worst French teacher in the world, I'm certain there are faults in my previous post, mais bon ! 

Me too I'm a fan of JoeyStarr (NTM).

Ah Joey ! Suuupreme NTM ! Back dans les bacs contact contact ! zoom zoom zang dans ta benz benz benz ! hehehehe some of the only rap I liked, plus its old school.

Dammit I'm going to have to listen to it again now ! Merci Boneboys pour ca! :facepalm:

I like the french language too, sounds very nice. I'm living next to the french border (15 min. by car), but I can't merely speak french. But I have luck, because most of the french livinig next to the border speak german (may be because some 70 years ago this part of france was german... eh, but about that nobody in germany want to speak today ;-) ).

If I meet a french guy ingame I say:

Ne tirez pas. Je suis gentile. Je ne parle pas francais. (= Do not shoot. I'm friendly. I don't speak french. :P )

Each time I hear someone screaming "Friendly" I want to open fire, especially on french servers as this has been used by bandits so many times. I'd rather say:

"Hey l'ami" --> "Hey buddy".

Pronounciation: The "a" should be pronounced like in "Arma", "m" is "m" and the "i" is "ee", so "Hey l'amee".

• Like 1

French people are saying friendly cause we are never sure what language is speaking the person we are meeting with; and we don't have a word to say "friendly".

On only french people speaking servers, I assume you can say (depends on the situation) :

Ne tirez pas (don't shoot), je ne suis pas armé (I don't have weapon), je ne vais pas te tuer (I won't kill you)

maybe the best one should be : je suis cool (I'm a cool guy... I'm friendly).

• Like 1

Maybe you can use the word from "Pirates of the Caribbean" --> parley, which seems to be borrowed from the french word "parlez", that means "to speak". :D

So awesome, dude.

espece denculer tu me tire dessus=asshole,you shoot at me..... oh merde chu mort=fuck I am dead.....je vais niker ta race ??? I am French Canadian this is a French word so I don't know...espece de salope=fucking bitch.....

Well most are not really polite so if I did I would have to give myself une mauvaise note :huh:

Google will help, you just have to be tricky.

"créve crève fils du pute" would be die SOB but google won't tell you so I'm afraid,  crever is what you need in fact.

I am the worst French teacher in the world, I'm certain there are faults in my previous post, mais bon ! 

crever = dying

creve fils de pute=die son of a bitch

Edited by pickle patch