Sign in to follow this  
Reg Park

Hackers galore this weekend?

Maybe it just seems this way, but given I have nearly 700 hours on this game and I haven't seen so many "obvious" hackers in one weekend then this past weekend. I was killed by a hacker probably half a dozen times this weekend. It's the kind where they teleport behind you in a building where there is only one entrance and you're watching it. They shoot/melee you in the head and don't even touch your gear. I was able to recover my gear on most of the deaths. I even saw them a couple times 30 seconds prior to my death, teleporting around. So, was it just bad luck on my part or did it seem the hackers were abundant this weekend? I'm sure I've died by hackers in the past, but none were as obvious.

• Like 1

I agree that there's been an abundance of hackers lately.

I thought that the "steal your gear from any point on the map" hack was eliminated, but sadly we experienced it once again last night.  :(

I pray that .49 eliminates a handful of cheats.

• Like 1

Maybe it just seems this way, but given I have nearly 700 hours on this game and I haven't seen so many "obvious" hackers in one weekend then this past weekend. I was killed by a hacker probably half a dozen times this weekend. It's the kind where they teleport behind you in a building where there is only one entrance and you're watching it. They shoot/melee you in the head and don't even touch your gear. I was able to recover my gear on most of the deaths. I even saw them a couple times 30 seconds prior to my death, teleporting around. So, was it just bad luck on my part or did it seem the hackers were abundant this weekend? I'm sure I've died by hackers in the past, but none were as obvious.

boneboys has said on quite a few of these threads:

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

Problem is - most of what OP is saying appear to me to be well known, I've seen them discussed in the pinned thread and also seen reports of them in feedback tracker (although some of those appear and disappear off feedback tracker for obvious reasons). However, the one he's most upset about is well known, you can find a report of it here. So there's not really much to submit to forum staff that's not been already submitted. What OP is saying is it seems the frequency of running into people taking advantage in this way is increasing, and I'd say I'd have to concur.

• Like 2

I got killed by a hacker for the first time in 350+ hours last weekend. Seems too obvious for a coincidence, ne?

It's the kind where they teleport behind you in a building where there is only one entrance and you're watching it. 

They probably spawned in the building. It's more likely they were hoppers rather than hackers. Just because you were watching the only entrance to a building doesn't mean you were killed by a hacker. 

Got to be careful what you call hackers. Everyone agrees that hacking is a major issue at the moment, but it seems like everyone on these forums claims they were killed by a hacker when in reality they probably weren't. 

• Like 1

Happened to me today , only 6 people on the server at the time I only wish I had hit PrntScr. :/

I pray they get on top of this super fast cos Cheats were the primary reason I stopped playing the mod, I really hope that I do not have to stop playing the SA as well :(

They probably spawned in the building. It's more likely they were hoppers rather than hackers. Just because you were watching the only entrance to a building doesn't mean you were killed by a hacker.

Got to be careful what you call hackers. Everyone agrees that hacking is a major issue at the moment, but it seems like everyone on these forums claims they were killed by a hacker when in reality they probably weren't.

Dude, I know what you're saying and I know the difference. But I promise you, it was not like that this time. He clearly was just outside my building before he came into mine, then all sudden I'm shot from behind. Its so frustrated.....I don't mind dying by legit players but there is no chance in this case when you can't even see them. I don't call anyone a hacker unless its obvious.

Dude, I know what you're saying and I know the difference. But I promise you, it was not like that this time. He clearly was just outside my building before he came into mine, then all sudden I'm shot from behind. Its so frustrated.....I don't mind dying by legit players but there is no chance in this case when you can't even see them. I don't call anyone a hacker unless its obvious.

A lot of clans play on multiple servers just so they can easily swap in between each one for certain loot and to easily ghost people.

And I will say it again...

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

Example : I have received 2 videos + a Steam member id, I am waiting for the hack *readme.

There is enough evidence to ensure action will be taken.

• Like 2