Baker.

I want to apologize to the DayZ dev's.

Short story, this is one guy who has changed his tune on personal disenfranchisement in regards to the SA. I bitched about no cars, zombies, track pants etc because on the inside I am a child and I want to eat my Mcdonalds in the car and not wait till we get home.

Realistically there is zero chance these people do not care about the job they are doing and quality of their work. They don't go in to work every day and browse reddit instead of coding.

I don't think we will ever get to a place where people stop complaining but in the end you cannot be all things to all people. So if you (devs) are stressing about what we say, if you are reading the many many "ermagerd i want my money bax" posts and questioning yourself, then don't. They don't matter, we are babies. I am a big whiny baby.

So at least from this one bitchy whiny community member:

I am sorry, keep up the good work.

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 24

I've always felt that the devs are smart and hard working, just as much as anybody in such a business. The only thing that I'd be concerned with is how BI execs handle the extra criticisms because of how the game is being developed (totally under the public microscope at all times).

• Like 2

Short story, this is one guy who has changed his tune on personal disenfranchisement in regards to the SA. I bitched about no cars, zombies, track pants etc because on the inside I am a child and I want to eat my Mcdonalds in the car and not wait till we got home.

Realistically there is zero chance these people do not care about the job they are doing and quality of their work. They don't go in to work every day and browse reddit instead of coding.

I don't think we will ever get to a place where people stop complaining but in the end you cannot be all things to all people. So if you (devs) are stressing about what we say, if you are reading the many many "ermagerd i want my money bax" posts and questioning yourself, then don't. They don't matter, we are babies. I am a big whiny baby.

So at least from this one bitchy whiny community member:

I am sorry, keep up the good work.

WHY DID YOU POST THIS. I had finally done away with ALL OF MY FAITH IN HUMANITY. Then you have to come here and screw it all up, giving me hope that people can be awesome and shit!

• Like 6

WHY DID YOU POST THIS. I had finally done away with ALL OF MY FAITH IN HUMANITY. Then you have to come here and screw it all up, giving me hope that people can be awesome and shit!

*hugs*

• Like 1

Honestly it's great that you had a change of mind, but you should of done your research and really put yourself in there shoes. So it didn't happen in the first place. What's the saying? Once you say something you can't take it back. Many times do people criticize without thinking what the other person is doing, what there going through, etc... As a coder/programmer it's extensive and tedious work. We are coders/programmers because we enjoy it and we enjoy how the end product bring ease and happiness. Although your post is nice, please do learn from it and do your do diligence before you say things. :)

Edited by Kronons

Honestly it's great that you had a change of mind, but you should of done your research and really put yourself in there shoes. So it didn't happen in the first place. 

I didn't find out anything new. I still want the same things. I am just admitting that my motivations are selfish. 

Hicks made a post about the devs stressing out about shit we say and I felt bad since I myself had said many a stressful thing.

Are you feeling okay?

Not in the least mate.

• Like 1

to be fair, if this was a closed project with funding and the only progress anyone got to see of dayz was a bunch of screenshots or a few teaser videos updated once every 3 months or so, none of the whining man children on here would have anything to bitch about. the fact that they opened it to the public is a generous and awesome treat many dont seem to fully appreciate

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 4

I liked the McDonald's line, pretty good.

I still don't understand why people bitch and moan with such a clear disclaimer about not buying the fucking game if you can't deal with all the shit that comes with an Alpha. I mean, they actually tell you not to buy it, but if you like disappointment and are a bit sadomasochistic, then buy it. Then, after buying it and installing the game you have to click on "I Understand" every freaking time you play. People who bought the game after being told not to buy it, and then having to click on the warning every time are just pathetic, little, whining bitches. I mean, if it's that bad, why do you keep playing?

• Like 1

barker-clive-1940-united-kingd-unfinishe

Oh my god this is so shit, I can't believe this unfinished painting looks as bad as it does. I am going to complain because I want this painting to look amazing while im looking at it.

Yes this is you people

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 5

I eat Mcdonalds in the car too and still I havent bitched about DayZ development. I like how SA is trying to be very realistic (artwork, crafting, gameplay mechanics). Also when you think about it, DayZ SA was totally different game when it launched last year. As of now we have so much more weapons, clothes, towns and all that fun stuff including bug fixes too.

• Like 2

Fuck, I'm getting hungry now ._.

But cook-stoves are broken, they always burn the fish SOMEONE RAGE ABOUT THIS QUICK WE NEED 1000 MORE FORUM POSTS ABOUT HOW BAD IT IS.

QUICK NOW IM GETTING SOFT!

But cook-stoves are broken, they always burn the fish SOMEONE RAGE ABOUT THIS QUICK WE NEED 1000 MORE FORUM POSTS ABOUT HOW BAD IT IS.

THE STOVES ARE FUCKING BROKEN HOLY SHIT HFAIOSHAIOSFHIASHFIOASFHIOAFHIOAHDIOASD

• Like 1

Yea deen hall you bitch stoves are shit in berezino i bandit and they not work i get killed haxxxxx while m4 glitched mags are broken shit!!!!!! Dayz are shit!! Neaf nerfed fuk u deeeen i cant get looot fast anymoar!!!!

No, but seriously it is nice that we have all those little features such as fireplaces, crafting and tents already :)

• Like 1

That's huge of you. Thanks for posting. I hope a few of the usual babies take a step back and fall off of the roof of their apartments.

Dear I say, that's going a bit too far? :v

• Like 1

It's the internet. You have to take the complaints lightly and carry on. 

No offense but "It's the Internet" isn't really a good argument. You may as well say "That's life".

Are you feeling okay?

Maybe he got bit by a zombie and is being turned?

For this post OP gets my  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

• Like 1