KingOfTime

Rejoice! 5.45x39mm is coming to Dayz

Yeah baby ! More diverse ammo for different guns ( actually the ammo they use in real life ) -> less ammo of the same type over all -> less wild wild west shooting, because there ammo is getting higher value :)

I hope this will hit a point where you have to think twice before you open fire on someone :)

Edited by RoterBallon
  • Like 1

Normally i don't get to excited for the AK weapons but the AKS-74U is pretty nice. That and im sure we can customize it and mishmash it with all the other AK variant parts and scopes.

My thoughts are that virtually everything else written in this devblog is more important to me - but we will get 5.45x39 ammo which is nice I guess. Opens up some additional weapon choices and in my opinion screams for a LMG as well.

I wonder if the game will keep the AK-101.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

Normally i don't get to excited for the AK weapons but the AKS-74U is pretty nice. That and im sure we can customize it and mishmash it with all the other AK variant parts and scopes.

reckon if we can put the PSO-1 on it, i doubt it.

My thoughts are that virtually everything else written in this devblog is more important to me - but we will get 5.45x39 ammo which is nice I guess. Opens up some additional weapon choices and in my opinion screams for a LMG as well.

They should. I don't see why not? As we definitely need more variety outside of ARs and the standard AK gun types. Hybrids that can use OTHER ammo or MORE THAN ONE type of ammo or magazine type should be available. Sigsauer 556 Russian can use different magazine types and stuff used.

If i had to choose a gun it would be something i can survive with versatile like this rather than be limited to one caliber type with the gun or even magazine type. GRANTED this would and maybe should be an ubber rare AR it would still be nice.

Edited by Deathlove

reckon if we can put the PSO-1 on it, i doubt it.

Well i know you can switch and match between the AKM and the AK 101 between the standard stock parts and all the custom ones you can find as well. They both take the same scope too.

Torchia said they are doing retexturing of AK101, maybe we get AK74M but keep 101! It's posible with different colours of reciver and magazines.

Imagine frustration when squeekers get confused 5,56 can't load in AKS74 B-)

• Like 1

• Waterproof packable bag
  • Waterproof backpack

Also this peeked my interest as well! :O

Is the AK 74 or similar variants small enough to put in our high capacity vests or backpacks?

Is it larger than a MP5?

I really think that we should be able to fold the stock and place it in a bag or vest.

• Like 2

Is the AK 74 or similar variants small enough to put in our high capacity vests or backpacks?

Is it larger than a MP5?

I really think that we should be able to fold the stock and place it in a bag or vest.

I do believe we already have folding stocks for the gun. The problem is they DON'T function currently to do that with backpacks. Maybe the developers will find a way to do this latter with current stocks for guns that can fold.

• Like 1

I do believe we already have folding stocks for the gun. The problem is they DON'T function currently to do that with backpacks. Maybe the developers will find a way to do this latter with current stocks for guns that can fold.

Maybe they will make it to where you can just take the buttstock offand it acts as thought it is folded/doesnt have a buttstock

1. Develop a better pick-up system: more fluid, responsive, allowing hand-to-ground, ground-to-hand and hand-to-hand (bypassing/decoupling inventory management)

Add gun slings and remove magic weapon slots

Make guns without buttstock or with folding buttstock smaller so they might also fit into some backpacks

Edited by Evil Minion

The more the merrier I say.

Keep it as it gives added value to 5.56.

Then add a polish tantal or older ak74 with Bakelite furniture.

1%20Polish%20Tantal%20AK74%20%20Sporter%

tumblr_mheniqlfH31r84pkto1_500.jpg

ak-74n_left_and_right_profile.jpg

or they can just rename the ak 101 whatever they do it will be fine so long as its the right caliber.

• Like 3

The more the merrier I say.

Keep it as it gives added value to 5.56.

Then add a polish tantal or older ak74 with Bakelite furniture.

1%20Polish%20Tantal%20AK74%20%20Sporter%

tumblr_mheniqlfH31r84pkto1_500.jpg

ak-74n_left_and_right_profile.jpg

or they can just rename the ak 101 whatever they do it will be fine so long as its the right caliber.

Is that a bayonet im seeing with the bottom picture with the scope? Looks pretty cool if it is.

Good news indeed :-).

Anyway I was excited to read that pump action shoty and "winchester" is almost ready AND that doors will stop being b*tch to open plus finally will make sound when opening!

I was about to ask if we will get AK74(M) but now I remember Gews pointing out, that ingame AK101 model is in fact AK74M (difference in magazine shape).

So I would expect AK101 to be renamed to proper AK74M, polish that model a bit more (that AK74SU model is sexy!) and voila, we have proper member of AK74 family!

Please note the shape of magazine, do not mind different buttstocks or foregrips :).

AK74M

hRJe83H.jpg

AK101

lyHuP80.jpg

ingame model we already have

Bg3MG3y.jpg

Edited by Hombre

Does anyone know that Dean basically confirmed the M1 Garand on PAX? This would probably mean .30-06 will be there as well - not an unrealistic choice but having three full power cartridges (.30-06, 7.62x54mmR and 7.62x51mm NATO) seems a little much to me.

Does anyone know that Dean basically confirmed the M1 Garand on PAX? This would probably mean .30-06 will be there as well - not an unrealistic choice but having three full power cartridges (.30-06, 7.62x54mmR and 7.62x51mm NATO) seems a little much to me.

No confirmation just something someone that attended pax seems to have gathered from a question.

Not sure how 3 full power cartridges is too much.

You have 2 full powered cartridges that are the most common for both Nato and ex soviet nations.

You have one ex military round that is probably the most common big game round throughout the world.

If anything we could use a few more hunting specific calibers that each have very unique qualities that separate it from both 7.62x51 and .30-06.

Calibers like.

9.3x64 is extremely popular in Eastern europe and ballisticly it has very unqiue properties that are not found in most other calibers.

utF0FhS.jpg

Unlike the other calibers the 9.3 is not really a long distance round, its most effective within 500m and boy does it pack a whallop . The round has a very step drop making longer range shots really unlikely.

22-250_Remington.JPG

Then you have something like the .22-250 probably the fastest production rifle round out there. This .22 caliber bullet screams out at 4500 FPS nearly double that of say a 7.62x39

So there really is no such thing as too many calibers.

• Like 2

In game magazine looks like AK 74 to me. But nevermind, everything doesnt have to 100% realistic accurate. I think they should just paint them orange do differ 101 mags from 74 mags. Anyone with basic knowlege of weaponry will see difference. Others...stick to M4

In game magazine looks like AK 74 to me. But nevermind, everything doesnt have to 100% realistic accurate. I think they should just paint them orange do differ 101 mags from 74 mags. Anyone with basic knowlege of weaponry will see difference. Others...stick to M4

All devs could do is rename AK101 to AK74M, since that is what it is, judged by the shape of magazine.

The more different cartridges you add the harder to balance the player experience between "I can find tons of ammo but not of the right type" and "I can't find much ammo but when I do its the right type". Having less ammo types means players are more likely to use the same and compete. Having more ammo types increases the chances of every player having "his own" ammo leaving the rest for others to find.

I think both guns and ammo shouldn't be too common (speak: pretty rare) in the first place. Now having too many calilbers spreads suitable ammo thin resulting in "nobody can find the right ammunition for his/her gun" (if ammo in general is hard to find) or "everyone finds ammo pretty easily if he has the right weapon" (if ammo in general is not that hard to find).

Having fewer ammo types means more players compete for the same source. Having more ammo types means more players can "escape" into different niches. Now more niches can make for harder competition inside each niche but there is also much less competition between them. So FN Fal, SVT-40 and M1 Garand would be able to coexist much better than FN Fal, G3 and M14.

Just waiting for 7.62x54R now.

This is an awesome start though, I think Chris Torchia finally got the best of all the gun scrubs trying to balance dayZ.