Evil Minion

List of things that bug me when playing DayZ

Wear a T-shirt for a day and it won't be "Pristine" anymore. Shoot some rounds with a gun and it won't be "Pristine" anymore. Thats what I meant there.

Wear a T-shirt for a day and it won't be "Pristine" anymore. Shoot some rounds with a gun and it won't be "Pristine" anymore. Thats what I meant there.

I think definition of worn is a little different in normal life than it is in the apocalypse. 

For you a worn t shirt just like you now stated is a t shirt that you worn for a day, it does not have any signs of usage other some smell and little dirt, but it has no holes. it's not stretched or patched up. 

Worn in post apocalyptic world means it has visible signs of prolonged usage.

So saying that a t shirt you worn for a day is not "pristine" is a damn stupid argument. 

I think definition of worn is a little different in normal life than it is in the apocalypse. 

For you a worn t shirt just like you now stated is a t shirt that you worn for a day, it does not have any signs of usage other some smell and little dirt, but it has no holes. it's not stretched or patched up. 

Worn in post apocalyptic world means it has visible signs of prolonged usage.

So saying that a t shirt you worn for a day is not "pristine" is a damn stupid argument.

Yes this. Worn to me is my cat who likes to ride around on my shoulder's didn't have her claws clipped when she was up there and so now it has some minor tiny holes in it that given future wearing or washing will likely get bigger. Not, "Oh my collar isn't as stiff and starched as when I ironed it this morning." Damaged is many small holes, to the point where I get it caught on things and maybe even "ruin" it.

Having to clean my rifle/shotgun/pistol after I use it isn't worn. Needing to take it completely apart and do some minor maintence on it because otherwise it will have some rust soon is worn... maybe I have to futz with the sights a bit. Damaged is actual rust. Ruined is it being at the point where it won't fire.

Here's one, though a few keybind alterations would fix this:

-Getting shot because you run into a player and accidentally press 1 to grab your SKS instead of F1 to wave hi.

Like 90% of the OP is optimization complaints... Come back in beta when it's optimized

• Like 2

The bug I get (and often at the worse possible time) is hitting a button once to select weapon and weapon goes into hands and then is put away again straight away. Can happen several times in a row. Can be stressful while I run around in circles getting chased by half a dozen zombies.

Like 90% of the OP is optimization complaints... 

Not true. 

Come back in beta when it's optimized

No, he should stay and continue providing great feedback and constructive criticism (unlike you), which is our responsibility as Early Access players. 

So when sellecting a server I shot for 50 ping and below...

Lol <50 ping is an option for you? The best I get is >150... I'm just loving the amount of people one here that are saying they ca actually get a decent ping server, and complaining 100 ping is so horrible

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad

Lol <50 ping is an option for you? The best I get is >150... I'm just loving the amount of people one here that are saying they ca actually get a decent ping server, and complaining 100 ping is so horrible

I do get 50 ping and below yes, def not all of them prob 20 % to 35% of the servers I see. I will log in on a a 65 even 70, but not higher. They are the best servers to play on, not nearly as many glitches. The game just runs much smoother. I think location is and internet connection may have allot to do with it as well. I just know for a fact if it says 65 or below on a refreshed  list and I log in. The server gererally run much better. I know this for a fact, becuase I had many of the bugs and glitches listed. Many of the went away when I log in on lower ping servers and monitor it during game play. I watch the list and watch for changes in game play. I does go up and down from what noticed but not too ubbrupt and normally I good until I decide to log out.

Also sure having more players effects player lag, but if YOU got good connection you will have good game play, and others around you will be glitching and you will not...hence thee old term pvp term "Ping Kiting". You have a huge advantage if you have good ping and good connecting, over someone who does not.  

Look if people want to discard what I saying, then complain that there game is still messed up on this thread, well quite frankly thats your fucking problem LOL your messed up game not mine. Im simply posting that was vary effective in helping my game preformance a great deal, everthing from glitching zombies, to bottons not working. It appears there are others seeing the same thing I saw, and I'm trying to help them by telling a way to crack down on some of these issues. Becuase it worked for me. There still is bugs, but its much more playable. Is it all there is too it..No. But it does help a great deal. I'm serously not here to debate about all the tech behind it. I'm trying to help players that cut down on really terrible game issues, becuase I know how frustrating they are. Not all, but many of the issues listed are caused by server issues. Its a way to sort through what servers to log into and what ones are not good.

Get rediculed for trying to help people....only on the DayZ Forums.....Geezz

Edited by CJFlint

I like this thread...a lot. This is all very constructive feed back. I even laughed my butt off when reading some of it, especially:

This is SO true, and perhaps the MOST frustrating thing to me out of your entire list. This, and sometimes when I'm running away from a zombie and need to switch to my axe, my character will freaking STOP and voluntarily get assaulted by a zombie as he tries to pull out his weapon. Ugh, frustrates me to no end....

Not sure if this is the devs intention, but your character only stops to pull out/put away his weapon if your hands/current weapon is raised.

Put down your hands, and you can pull your weapon while still moving.

Not sure if this is the devs intention, but your character only stops to pull out/put away his weapon if your hands/current weapon is raised.

Put down your hands, and you can pull your weapon while still moving.

Not really sure why this would be their intention. Just doesn't make any sense.