DeepEuphoria

I tried to do a good deed. Exp players are just as unfriendly.

Playing on 1 of the only 3 working Exp servers last night, and for the first time since 0.49 released, I managed to find some half decent gear and get myself looking pretty good in terms of surviving, I'd managed to get fully energised and healthy even on a night time server that was pi**ing down with rain and decent basic equipment, so I went hunting. Had some good luck and found a good amount of animals, so I thought as it's Experimental and the new character temperature system is killing people off in just minutes when it's raining, plus Experimental is meant for playing but mainly testing and bug finding, I decided to leave a carepack for some lucky person :)

I entered the supermarket at Cernaya Polana and dropped a box of matches, some kindling, wood, deer and boar meat, bandages, a splint, canteen, an axe, machete, improvised leather backpack, a pair of pristine hunter pants and a pistol with some ammo. Then I lit the place with a chemlight and proceeded to leave by the main entrance with my gun on my back feeling good about myself, doing a good deed in DayZ. As I got to the door, out the corner of my eye (FOV) I saw a guy standing behind the wall of the market, he had been watching me drop the carepack and decided to show me there is no humanity left in Chernarus, *Thud* "You are Dead". 1 hit Axe to the head :rolleyes: lol.

This is not a rant, I just thought I'd share my little story and if the guy who murdered me happens to read this, you sir, broke my heart :'( GG dude, GG.

• Like 4

thats the one problem this game has 

and the one problem that the community has is that they want to do NOTHING to fix this

they just go "well u shouldnt have been seen by anyone u should have just been in the trees picking berries and living in the north"

and no, im not new, ive played this game and the mod for years

Sad story. Killed right after doing a good deed. Did you leave a note with the care package? You never know, maybe he felt bad for it after. I play mainly on experimental, and most of my encounters there were pretty good. Met great friends too that I still play these days with. But I've been killed, and killed too.

About a week ago, I was alone in an experimental hardcore server and had been playing on this server for about an hour and a half. I was inside the Pavolovo military base near the hospital when I spot out of the corner of my eye, a player heading inside the barracks. For a split second there I thought about talking to him but been startled and in so close proximity, I shot him when he turned around facing me. 1 7.62 shot, he dropped dead. He had an AKM, and at that moment I thought about talking to him first instead and asking him to trade, since I had a few attachments and ammo for the AKM and was looking for the weapon. I felt a bit bad and felt sorry for the guy. But as I was looking in his inventory, I saw he had hundreds and hundreds of bullets of all types, speedloaders, mags,  multiple pistols, so he was either a hoarder or a pvp guy gathering gear for him and his mates, and guilt vanished quickly.

Few days ago, on experimental 1st/3rd view, full server, I was pretty much a fresh spawn running around Polana gathering basic loot, crafting an improvised backpack, but having minimal gear and no more rags. Got hit by a zombie and was bleeding to death when I met 4 other players of which 2 immediately bandaged me while the others killed the remaining zombies. They didn't know each other. No one killed each other and we split what we had, then parted ways.

My point is don't give up mate. It's tough out there, but never give up! (And when you get too pissed off, just go ballistic on what you want, make it zombies, wildlife or players, and you'll feel better! B) )

• Like 5

What Odin said.. I have had dozens if not hundreds of friendly encounters, and had dozens if not hundreds of shoot-outs.

You take the good with the bad.

• Like 1

sorry but...lighting a fire in chernaja i whould only do if i want to troll/scare/bait People. Its is a rather bussy area.

Entrophy can get you killed....

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I think that the problem will solve itself after some time. There are a lot of people that are basically still noobs in DayZ, but after a while people will get more experienced and bored to just shoot everyone who comes to their path. It is basically my story in DayZ. When I was a noob, I wanted to shoot everything that moves, but after a while I noticed that player interaction is what makes this game.

"I tried to do a good deed"

Well there's your problem! Seriously though, dont stop trying, its hit and miss how the other players will behave but we need good guys too!!

• Like 1

Its experimental, you get whiped every week.... no reason for being asshole. Was attacked by squeeking kids few times when I had nothing but coat, hat and hoe. I sure hoed them to ground. I killed more people on experimental than on stable

Exp. 0.49 seems to be very popular, i think many players switched when the update was released. And those players brought the asshole-attitude with them when they came from stable. Normally, Exp is a quite friendly place to explore and test the new stuff. Back when campfires were introduced, i teamed up with 3 random players just to gather the stuff needed to get a fire going. Was a really funny night.

This and the ongoing server problems made me switch to stable again last night. Can't wait for a new Exp patch though.

thats the one problem this game has 

and the one problem that the community has is that they want to do NOTHING to fix this

they just go "well u shouldnt have been seen by anyone u should have just been in the trees picking berries and living in the north"

and no, im not new, ive played this game and the mod for years

What's there to fix? It's not a problem. It's as simple as other people playing their own style. 

Besides, what would you do in this game if there were no hostile players?