Unnamed354

[FREEWARE] DayZ Install Tool v1.6

Thanks for this! Installing manually is easy, but this just gives me time to do other things :).

One suggestion: Could we see the download speed? Would make it easier to determine which mirror has the best connection.

Since the 1.6.0 release, the update has been hanging for me, on "downloading dayz_sfx_v1.1.2rar...." at %29

re-downloaded the updater. tried again, leaving it for 2hrs, same results, then again for 1hr, same result.

would manually dowloading the sfx file help get the updater past this issue?

I'm having the same issue as the above poster. I'm slowly downloading the files needed. My friend is able to play the game because he hasn't downloaded the files yet.

If you haven't updated yet I advise you not to.. you won't be able to go onto any servers. I tried to revert my files back to the old ones but the updater deleted the old ones. So now I'm stuck in a downloading loop.

I'm having the same issue as the above poster. I'm slowly downloading the files needed. My friend is able to play the game because he hasn't downloaded the files yet.

If you haven't updated yet I advise you not to.. you won't be able to go onto any servers. I tried to revert my files back to the old ones but the updater deleted the old ones. So now I'm stuck in a downloading loop.

I DLed the files manually from the url in the DL URL on the updater(http://cdn.armafiles.info/).

it updated fine after that. However you will get the "running an incorrect server side" error and not be able to play.

Since this forum is pretty much down for the count, web searches indicate that various servers don't have the newest hive updates. I assume this is causing the connection issues

Regardless the Dayzdevteam twitter posted: "7800 people trying to connect at once... main server died, web server died, forum died, and 8 nodes down..."

So I imagine it will be a bit before everything is ironed out.

Keep getting error messages when trying to force update.

Always "Error downloading file: dayz_code_v1.6.0.1.rar"

Any suggestions?

Fixed the problem by myself. Had to basically download all the .rar files again and extract them all to the specified file. For every error that came up I just extracted the file again until it worked out.

By that time though the game was in night time and god forbid if I'm going to try and get to grips to the controls in the pitch black, surrounded by the undead....

I'm guessing it was related to the overloaded file servers. If there isn't an available dl slot this error can happen.

You can try a different mirror, maybe i should make a drop down box with all of the available ones.

In the future i hope to include torrent support to lighten the load on the fileservers.

Edit: if you are still having download stalls use this exe(replace the old one) and PM me the output from the command window so i can check it out.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66584563/DayZUpdater.exe

you are right worrom, it works now! thanks for the updater btw :) hopefully all the servers will update to latest client lol. havent been able to find one yet.

It doesn't seem to work for me, when I try to run the install tool it says "Java has not been found on your computer," even though I do have Java. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Can you add auto check install folder feature for Steam versions?

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 33930

and

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 33930

Parameter InstallLocation

Thanks alot for this tool. Quick question, does this tool download and install the beta patch as well?

Thanks again

This is the post right before yours:

Thanks alot for this tool. Quick question' date=' does this tool download and install the beta patch as well?

Thanks again

[/quote']

It doesn't.

Get the beta here: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?82-ARMA-2-amp-OA-BETA-PATCH-TESTING

Then run the installer.

For fuck's sake.

Thanks. Got the beta myself a couple of days before 1.6. Today I am having trouble with the downloader I get this error:

IO Error

java.io.FileNotFoundException:http"//armafilesinfo.....

and continues... Thoughts? I made sure my Java was up to date .( It's 7) Thanks again

Thanks. Got the beta myself a couple of days before 1.6. Today I am having trouble with the downloader I get this error:

IO Error

java.io.FileNotFoundException:http"//armafilesinfo.....

and continues... Thoughts? I made sure my Java was up to date .( It's 7) Thanks again

Same here. I'm getting the exact same error here.

Thanks again for your great updater Worrom. I tried Six Updater instead but I prefer your program if only because it doesn't use 150mb of memory while the game is running.

Worrom, thank you.It is downloading now as we speak. I greatly appreciate your help with this. Hope to see you in game one day.

Extraction Error : de.innosystec.unrar.exception.RarException: unkownError

Error extracting file : dayz_v1.3.rar

I keep getting that error message, and I have downloaded and installed the beta patch, any ideas on how to fix it?