Unnamed354

[FREEWARE] DayZ Install Tool v1.6

I downloaded the new DayZ version with the 1.3 updater. It's taken 40 minutes to download/extract now. Currently extracting from dayz_v1.2.5.rar, should I let it run or download the new installer?

I downloaded the new DayZ version with the 1.3 updater. It's taken 40 minutes to download/extract now. Currently extracting from dayz_v1.2.5.rar' date=' should I let it run or download the new installer?

[/quote']

Grab the new one, you can copy the files you already downloaded into the new version's download folder. It will take only a minute to extract everything.

I downloaded the new DayZ version with the 1.3 updater. It's taken 40 minutes to download/extract now. Currently extracting from dayz_v1.2.5.rar' date=' should I let it run or download the new installer?

[/quote']

[...] if you're having trouble at the extraction stage' date=' please upgrade to v1.4 [...']

on the first page of this very topic...

can you point it mr. bad repper? i really can't see any link to the 1.4 version in the first page' date=' the link on the website tho downloads you a dayzupdater[u']135.zip :rolleyes:

i downloaded that to check if it was a typo and found it was, but what if someone doesn't do it? asking is forbidden? :rolleyes:

A few suggestions that might be nice to have in future updates of this tool:

• Download progress bar/download speed indicator
  • Make the updater self updating
  • Show the current version of the Day Z Mod Updater somewhere' date=' like in the title.
    [*']Make the text in the 'status' element non-editable.

All of the above done (except making it self updating) :) ... Also added support for retail versions(non-steam) of the game to hit play and launch the game.

On my non-steam install when I click play this is what I see...

Failed to lauch, please run through directly.

Use the launch parameters : -nosplash -mod=@dayz

I have no idea where to set the launch parameters. I bought combined ops from amazon and used SIX updater to download/install DayZ which I also use to launch it.

I've got the same problem with the pressing "play" on the updater with the retail version.

You change the launch parameters by creating a shortcut to the game, then right click>properties and add the listed text to the end of the "target" field, outside of the quotations marks.

I just wanted to say thank you for this great tool.

It sure makes keeping DayZ up to date easy.

Just to make sure, Once I finish downloading OA from Amazon, I update ArmA:CO to the latest version.(what number is that?) Then I can just download this Freeware to get dayz?

I just want to make sure I don't get any of these problems people are having on the forums.

For some strange reason - the updater does not finalize extracting the files for me.

Recommendation - have the updater check to see whether it really needs to re-download certain files. My understanding is that not all files need to be downloaded every single time.

Anyways, thanks for the tool.

Since the update, the tool seems to freeze up @ "Extracting files from : dayz_v1.2.5.rar....." it's been sitting there for over 10 minutes.

I can't even get it to download the files...it hangs during the first file download. I guess I'll just do it manually.

EDIT: Ok I just realized that the updater was updated...working perfectly now. Just use FORCE UPDATE option if you get an error message. This program is really easy and helpful so thanks to all involved with the updater and DayZ itself!!

Since the update, the tool seems to freeze up @ "Extracting files from : dayz_v1.2.5.rar....." it's been sitting there for over 10 minutes.

Update your Mod Updater, that fixed the problem for me.

The updater is having trouble opening for me.. I click to open and it just doesn't show up, or takes forever to show up. The process shows up in Task Manager, but if I end it and start it again, I still have the problem.

Since the update' date=' the tool seems to freeze up @ "Extracting files from : dayz_v1.2.5.rar....." it's been sitting there for over 10 minutes.[/quote']

Update your Mod Updater, that fixed the problem for me.

That did the trick, thanks.

it works but when i go to join a game it says version blah blah is needed. i have that version 1.6 but it says i need it. i dont understand. also i dont have the stream version.

i did this The updater settings should be changed so that ARMA II Folder:

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

exactly as above. Leave the download URL alone. dont change that.

Create a brand new shortcut on your desktop. put this as your target path:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -noSplash -mod=@da