Sign in to follow this  
JackyCTV

Prison Location?

Prison Import  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should this Location be added to the Game?

I have been thinking about new locations we could have in game and about one that could be popular, when I thought up the Idea of a Prison (And not the small millitary prisons) and quite a large one one kind of the same size from "The Walking Dead" the area would be perfect for all play styles such as; PvP, PvE, RP Etc. Because of its layout...

The Exterior should have some watch towers around the Prison perfect for Snipers, A Courtyard + Millitary tents nearby 

The Interior should have many cell blocks to explore, An Infirmary, A Mess Hall, An Armoury + Death Row

In terms of Loot the Exterior should mainly be Civilian with the Watch towers have some 7.62 variation ammo + the chance to find some Prisoner Uniforms and Prison officer Uniforms.

The Interior should mostly be civilian for the Cell Blocks (Maybe the odd knife) and Mess Hall, The Infirmary should mostly have medical supplies (Obviously). Death Row should have some Weapons + Ammo (On the basis of prisoners braking out) but should mainly be industrial and the Armoury should have basic Rifles + Pistols but they could Import a new type of shotgun that uses a beanbag slug that with 1-3 hits can knock you unconscious + some Riot Armour

It could also have some really rare things to find so some players will have to go inside (Such as vehicle parts and Heli crash site in the courtyard?)

I think the prison would be a new hotspot for players and could of all types could benefit from including the Roleplay Community

And before I forget it should be rammed full of Zombies!!!!

I have marked in red areas where I think it should be place or nearby to them

post-217637-0-52813600-1409912137_thumb.

Let me know what Ideas you guys have on this topic!!

Honestly, I wanted a prison for forever.

But that was until they added all these new cities (3 in the last update -_-)

Used to be, finding a town after being in the woods for an hour was a God-send. Now, I hit prone in the woods, it seems like I fall into 2 more cities.

Its been too urbanized, now its mostly towns. One or two towns would have been fine, but they added so.much, its like going through Central Park.

IMO, they should have "apocolypsized" the original Chernarussian landscape, and made the forests look like forests, not perfectly planted rows of trees.

They want survival to be hard, and it WAS with the preexisting layout of having to run for an hour theough the woods. Now they have it so that you can run for 10 minutes and find high end civilian gear in seconds...

• Like 3

yes, but only if it is put on scallisty island. that way i can just forget about it, instead of being worried about the constant urbanization that is going on...

tbh I like the Island Idea, it could be cherno's Alcatraz  ;)

Wasnt the original idea to add Utes (from Arma II) to the Chernarus map, and make it into a prison island?

I swear i heard talk of this, a couple of months ago hehe, but ofc i cant find the source for it now.

None the less, it would be pretty damn nice to have decend size island, with a prison on it.

I do think your map has abit to many prisons on it, there should be a mazimum of two imho, as it would be a significant hot spot.

Prison building is on the way, it's being developed as a low priority task.

• Like 1

Prison building is on the way, it's being developed as a low priority task.

Yup.

there are some models in the gamefiles and they look great already ( something like a gate between 2 towers, I think).

It will be in the far upper left corner or the map possibly, because there's so much empty space.

Yup.

there are some models in the gamefiles and they look great already ( something like a gate between 2 towers, I think).

It will be in the far upper left corner or the map possibly, because there's so much empty space.

This is really good news!! cant wait to see it!!

Edited by Merkeus

Yup.

I thought it was going on its own island.

I think it might be near the new civilian airfield

which island?

Utes island was in a test-build of DayZ SA but got removed (and will most likely never return, not until wehave boats or so, I think)

which island?

Utes island was in a test-build of DayZ SA but got removed (and will most likely never return, not until wehave boats or so, I think)

Maybe they'll add a new island.

• Like 1

Maybe they'll add a new island.

I wouldn't mind if they did! obvs I hope boats are in by then or a bridge

I really love the island idea but the skalisty island is too small for building like that...As some mentioned here the Utes island should be definitely added to the Chernarus map...The urbanization is little bit pain in the ass but I dont really mind it.  

But if they gonna add a new island they also need to add at least some simple boats. ( RIP to those thousands killled vulnerably sitting in the boats)

Well too bad that the prison they're creating looks more like a castle than the prison from The Walking Dead. It just doesn't feel right.
You can see it here:

dayz-leaked-models-3.jpg

Well too bad that the prison they're creating looks more like a castle than the prison from The Walking Dead. It just doesn't feel right.

You can see it here:

dayz-leaked-models-3.jpg

that's the pic I meant, thanks.

I think this prison will look pretty good. I mena right now there is only the front of it.

and in the little sketch you can also see, that the prison is not entirely "castle-themed". 

why should the DEVs try to port the prison from WD into DayZ 1:1? IMO, it's better when they make their own. Sure, copying it would be a nice "easteregg", but...

I think this prison will look pretty good. I mena right now there is only the front of it.

and in the little sketch you can also see, that the prison is not entirely "castle-themed". 

why should the DEVs try to port the prison from WD into DayZ 1:1? IMO, it's better when they make their own. Sure, copying it would be a nice "easteregg", but...

I never said it should be like in TWD. OP wanted it to be like TWD. 

I personally think it should be on Utes island when it gets added. Would add value to it, since prison could have riot gear/flashbangs in it.

I never said it should be like in TWD. OP wanted it to be like TWD. 

I personally think it should be on Utes island when it gets added. Would add value to it, since prison could have riot gear/flashbangs in it.

ah, OK my bad then ;)

I think having a prison on an island (utes island for example) would really fit the setting and the game would profit from it.

But: the DEVs probably already planned the prison to be in the upper left corner (north-west) of the map, because there are a lot of big empty places.

ah, OK my bad then ;)

I think having a prison on an island (utes island for example) would really fit the setting and the game would profit from it.

But: the DEVs probably already planned the prison to be in the upper left corner (north-west) of the map, because there are a lot of big empty places.

That works too. Atleast people would have some motivation to go that direction then.

Yes yes yes ! But it has to be better than the countless prisons in the mods , every mod seemed to have a different prison but the only one I was impressed by was the Dayz Aftermath mod prison at kabanino (there was even a hemp and weed farm at this prison) .. Aftermath - the only mod to get anywhere close to the awesome survival feel that dayz standalone has achieved .. I miss dayz aftermath :,( .

I didnt say it should be the prison from TWD I said I would want to see one like it, but this is better!!