Sign in to follow this  
Airborne13F

I've lost alot of blood...

New player here with about 15 hours in.  I've been having pretty bad luck for the most part, every time I try to loot buildings I end up with multiple Zeds chasing me out of the town, and when I finally do get to search buildings in those few times I didn't have a Zed on me, the frigging building(s) are empty.  Can't even find a lousy can of soda or an edible fruit.

I finally managed to reach a firehouse and got the fireman's axe, which completely changes the game when you are able to actually kill the Zeds with one hit.  I then made it to an airfield and got some decent military clothing, backpack, food and supplies (no gun of course, still unarmed after all this time) a few lagging Zeds have ruined my clothing and backpack and bled me to the point that I can only vaguely see color now, and things are a bit blurry.  I managed to go back to the airfield later and replace my clothes/backpack with worn military fatigues (which is better than ruined) but my character has a bum leg and can't see very well.

Do I need a blood transfusion in order to be able to see color and see clearly again?  And don't say go to the hospital because I've been to multiple hospitals and literally couldn't even find a rotten apple.  It's ridiculous.  

you can also eat yourself bright energized and hydrathed, to regain blood. salinebags also help

Awesome, I appreciate the info!  My status shows that my character is energized and hydrated, but I was concerned about what effects eating and drinking too much would have.  I didn't realize there were different levels of green to look out for, thank you.

Awesome, I appreciate the info!  My status shows that my character is energized and hydrated, but I was concerned about what effects eating and drinking too much would have.  I didn't realize there were different levels of green to look out for, thank you.

yeah so keep that status and wait, by time you will see the colors coming back. only if you eat way to much at once, you will get stuffed, but thats not that bad atm

If everything is blurry, go inte configuration, cklick video then close three times and it will become crisp again. If your screen is grey, eat, drink and rest. Or find a friendly player and get him to set and Saline IV on you.....MOhahahahaha! that will never happen.

• Like 1

To enter 'healing', you need to have both energised and hydrated bars showing green. And the energised one has to be bright green (it's ok if the hydrated one is dark). So try to find somewhere with a lot of food (like the ground floor food room of a general office building). Eat rice/crunchy crisps/potato and all the sodas/water you can. Takes about half an hour IME.

As Merino points out:

and I believe this stands as of .48, you need either to get dark green 'energized' and at least no 'thirsty' bar (slow regeneration) or much better, light green 'energized' and at least dark green 'hydrated' bar (fast regeneration). With the latter, you should regain your colours soon enough. And no, you can't use blood bags or saline bags on yourself. If you play only solo, throw away stuff like the mentioned two, Epi pen or Defi.

Don't worry about overeating, you can eat even a few cans after you get the 'stuffed' bar. Just stop eating and drinking when it goes to the next colour (red or orange) of 'stuffed'. In general, you want to be as close to 'stuffed' bar as possible.

I am pleased to report that I am healthy again.  Thank you for all the tips, without them I'd still be a color-blind, blurry-visioned bambi aimlessly stammering through Chernarus.

No firearm after 15 hours?

jUsj551.png?1