Sign in to follow this  
hothtimeblues

Should all work/resources be dedicated to stopping the TP hack?

The new hack where everyone is teleported to a lake as a naked spawn is literally ruining the game for 40 people on the server at the same time. It's so bad for the experience of so many players so I was wondering if the developers will dedicated all their time to stopping this before they work on anything else. I was only in a full server for 10 minutes when I saw this hack in less than 24 hours of being reported.

While I think hacks should be stopped as soon as possible, I must say no to this. It does not really make sense to halt everything because of a hack (reminds me of a teacher who stops talking when a student disrupts the lesson) and having for example artists working on a fix as well does not really make sense.

However the people responsible for this part of the game should do whatever they can.

Yes lets allocate art designers and sound guys to dealing with cheats sure as hell they will know what to do.

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 3

Yes lets allocate designers and sound guys to dealing with cheats sure as hell they will know what to do.

I'd like to give OP the benefit of the doubt and say by "all work/resources" he means those only relevant to the issue (coders).

Edited by WhiteZero

Ah, its kind of nostalgic - I once got TP into the middle of the ocean in the mod, along with everyone else. We all swam back together, It was the most social interaction I ever had in the game... but yeah, not good :( .