Sign in to follow this  
hotcakes

Fight-or-flight Mode

Will hopefully add dynamism to the game and make shooting people less stale.

When your shock goes over 1000:

-Adrenaline mode activates 

-Screen tunnel visions

-Movement speed increases 5%

-You become resistant to passing out

-Your character will constantly shake

Also triggered by using epipens. R8 h8 upboat. 

This game provides enough adrenaline to the player himself, no need to mess with in game characters. 

• Like 3

This game provides enough adrenaline to the player himself, no need to mess with in game characters.

Well, noone gains PTSD and other mental effects of killing 100s of people cause your pro l33t mlg. The game doesnt either. See what it is now? Its Black Ops Zombies Free For All

Since noone feels bad about killing a character, or feels pain, the game needs to.

Well, noone gains PTSD and other mental effects of killing 100s of people cause your pro l33t mlg. The game doesnt either. See what it is now? Its Black Ops Zombies Free For All

Since noone feels bad about killing a character, or feels pain, the game needs to.

Feeling bad about killing players should be up to the players conciousness. Game should not enforce any negative effects. 

also, as soon as shock value out numbers the health of the player, the player will pass out even before the adrenaline would kick in.

Feeling bad about killing players should be up to the players conciousness. Game should not enforce any negative effects.

Thats the problem. Noones gonna feel bad about pixels on a screen, because they havent taken a human life. They killed pixels.

So since noone has nightmares of dead pixels every night, the game needs to.

Thats the problem. Noones gonna feel bad about pixels on a screen, because they havent taken a human life. They killed pixels.

So since noone has nightmares of dead pixels every night, the game needs to.

Well this kind of argue with rockets idea of not punishing any play style with in game mechanics. 

Well this kind of argue with rockets idea of not punishing any play style with in game mechanics.

Well Rockets also the same guy who released early alpha so that unlike DayZ Mod, we can find bugs and have them fixed. Then adds hats and a ps4 port instead of fixing the zombies that can run through walls and have heat seekers. Then beef them up. Then add a busted respawn mechanic, even though he said in an early devbloh that there will only be a set number of zombies per server, per hive, per restart.

Yeah, I dont think Rocket knows whats best XD

Well Rockets also the same guy who released early alpha so that unlike DayZ Mod, we can find bugs and have them fixed. Then adds hats and a ps4 port instead of fixing the zombies that can run through walls and have heat seekers. Then beef them up. Then add a busted respawn mechanic, even though he said in an early devbloh that there will only be a set number of zombies per server, per hive, per restart.

Yeah, I dont think Rocket knows whats best XD

Don't badmouth Rocket, he tries to be transparent for us so don't punish him for it.

To the point at hand, I would like it if people could feel bad about killing others. I think more character personalisation like face and everything else could help. Also making the communication better, currently you can barely hear peoples voices from the desync.

Some people will always kill and a few negative affects would never help them change, you can always try to break through their shell.

I think making zombies harder and teamwork more essential to survival should change the KoS mentality a lot of players have.

Hopefully this leaves anybody else a clan or a very very skilled individual.

A clan of hostiles could probably support each other into killing people, kinda group mentality stuff.

The rare skilled individual able to survive alone, never miss a shot might be either a hero or a murderer as they are now.

Then adds hats and a ps4 port instead of fixing the zombies that can run through walls and have heat seekers. 

Yeah they aint gonna fix the zombies now that the PS4 version is out.. wait wut?

I think the suggestion is very reasonable. Adrenalin being dumped into the body is a physical reaction that effects how a persons body operates. Yes I get a mild rush when I encounter a hostile player but I highly doubt it compares to what it is like being shot. Because it is a clearly defined physical reaction (unlike feelings of guilt or morals) I have no problem with this being simulated by the game - experience trauma > adrenilin > response. Nothing wrong with that. 

When it comes to how to get people to act in a "moral" way, or actually feel bad about their actions in a computer game, I don't think you expect it. Especially if you give them guns, a FPV, and no consequences - and then tell them to compete for resources :) . Because I think its impossible to put human values on a virtual character I think you have to find a way to associate each players lives, and their continued living, with something that everyone values in game.

Things of value to everyone:

- loot

- server continuity over time

So you could associate players lives with:

- loot > average life expectancy > loot distribution

- Server >average life expectancy > server reset

So if you can associate everyone's lives with these elements, in a sensible and meaningful way, you could contrive a way to make players consider the consequences of murder (or simply letting a player kill themselves, or be eaten by zombies), over time, and in a larger context than themselves and the immediate cost/benefits... and this is where you can achieve some vague "morality" which has a meaningful in-game aspect. I think this is the best you can hope in regards to making people feel more complex emotions towards other player. This goes against the dayz motto "this is your story" and makes it "this is everyone's story", I guess this is a needed mental shift if you want to imbue some kind of empathy. It'll all get gamed in the end anyway...

Edited by Hoik

Will hopefully add dynamism to the game and make shooting people less stale.

Dream about that bro even if I have got only one bullet in my gun I wıll use it for hunt you like fish. Also if nobody shoot eachother what you can do in game ? Killing zombies ? Hunting retarded animals? Those zombies very stupid grapically and psycally they fuckd up. I really dont see any fun in game instead of gunfight with real human its mean P.V.P this is real challange bro.

^ what are you on about? The suggestion is to make it more interesting when you get shot.

EDIT: bro...

Edited by Hoik

Yeah they aint gonna fix the zombies now that the PS4 version is out.. wait wut?

Ah, yall guys dont know me then

I use sarcasm and shit to get my pont across, on Steam forums that seems to be the new thing, OMG ROKET U NUBE

So I get their attention, and slowly expose them to stupidity.

Anyway, I meant I dont see why work on somethin that can wait and noone had bought yet instead of fixin the one that made them 60 million dollars.

But like the above guy said, noones gonna feel bad for killing someone elses video game character, so the game needs to have PTSD and "hauntings"

I thought it was me only who had their heart beat quick and start breathing quickly when I saw a player, glad to hear I'm not alone lol.

• Like 1

*clears throat*

MY STORY. This is the DayZ ethos. Fight or flight is a choice I make on my own.

/thread

Edited by Trizzo

*clears throat*

MY STORY. This is the DayZ ethos. Fight or flight is a choice I make on my own.

/thread

but fight-or-flight is a bodily response

did you not take biology

Great but this does not consider one thing, everyone has different response to high stress situations, not everyone would start shaking while wetting themselves.

did you not take biology

There was a sourcemod named Zombie Panic which was a decent game with an interesting feature where you could press the Panic (hence the title) button where your character would drop his weapon from his hands and sprint his hardest while unable to do anything for a while. This was on a cooldown, but gave an interesting choice for the player if they were in a terrible situation.

did you not take biology

or neuroscience, actually.  I have been thinking a lot about fight, flight, freeze, and fawn, responses and how hypervigilant I've become when playing. It would be interesting to do research on ppls responses to playing the game.  Things like IRL irritability, hpervigilance, stress and/or cortisol levels, that sort of thing.  I mean, this is based on rocket's training and his ability to survive training, after all.  Most military research these days is how to keep soldiers from developing dibilitating ptsd while they are on the field (never mind if they can survive when they re-enter civilian life).

*** It might be interesting if pot (please lets not argue if marijuana is viable right now) or other drugs like mirtazapine, paxil, zoloft, effexor, prozac, etc., became available as a way of steadying the soldier's hand or reaction, or MOOD.  If a character was "unreasonably angry", say if they pulled out their gun and at random shot at things (I would LOL and/or perhaps cry if my character went berserk after killing or witnessing killings).  The game already has elements such as heavy breathing thing down, temperature symptoms, why not add a character trait of crying or raging or being unable to move:  "you are angry".  "you are very angry", "you are seeing red" or "you are scared", "you are panicking" "you are frozen" ect..   Pain pills and charcoal can improve a character's overall health, I don't think it is actually unreasonable to think that the previously mentioned suggestion is actually a huge stretch from what is already in place from temperature, eating spoiled or poisoned foods, drinking contaminated water, or having blurred vision from a loss of blood. :unsure:  

Edited by thewife