Thelamehamster

Ammo

The problem I have with the game is the amount of ammo that players can acquire. It's a zombie apocalypse survival game where you'd expect ammo would be hard to come by. But no. About 3/4 of the players in this game have fully decked military assault rifles with backpacks full of 75 round drum mags. wtf. This I believe is the main reason players kos. Once ammo becomes scarce players might want to preserve their precious ammo and try to interact with other players. Also why would they waste ammo on harmless fresh spawns.

Imagine how interesting and unique PVP would be in this game if players had to think about their limited ammo whilst under attack. You'd have to make every shot count and come up with more tactics rather than just spraying and not giving a f. A way to combat this is to make loot location specific rated than building specific. For example you could only find a certain type of gun or piece of clothing at the 'Cherno fire station' rather than just 'fire station'. This is also a way to push players out and around the map, players would have to travel to new cities in order to find certain items. I love this game, but KOS is a huge problem. Talk to me.

• Like 1

Something I agree on is the number of drum magazines you find is absolutely insane. I've counted three drum mags on the bunks in one of the prison buildings at NWAF.

Having to conserve ammunition would be great, yes. Currently I have about 300+ x39 and don't have a worry at all whether I have enough to keep myself safe. I can prance about through any city I want lighting the place up and causing enough destruction to give Diane Feinstein a heart attack. So I'll have to continue and hope.

• Like 1

gee I sure am glad at this stage in the game that its still in ALPHA and the global loot economy is a huge work-in-progress at the moment...

and to those of you that want to know how it feels to have to conserve your ammo in a firefight - maybe you should just jump right in with the PvP as soon as you have a magnum and a box of ammo instead of sneaking all the way out to some military location for the specific purpose of tooling up for a worry-free PvP experience (yeah I know that no one else will do this so why should you). just a thought.

anyways patience peeps - balance will come at some point but its not really even a game yet just a working prototype of a game.

oh and OP welcome to the forums.

• Like 1

Why people are so worried about the amount of food ammo and guns in this point.

It might sound unbelievable but they are testing and balancing things out. The game would be too hardcore with bugs AND survival.

Its good for now.

Would ammo be hard to come by? I doubt it considering how much the soviets made. The drum mags would be used in RPKs so they would be fairly common although since there is no RPK they should be made more scarce.

Would ammo be hard to come by? I doubt it considering how much the soviets made. The drum mags would be used in RPKs so they would be fairly common although since there is no RPK they should be made more scarce.

Sure and all that ammo would be lying around in civilian buildings like it does now, and the ammo in military bases would not be used up to defend said bases from prolonged zed assaults ? 

On a good day you can walk out from Svetlojarsk with over 100 Mosin bullets, 

Edited by General Zod