Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

Status Report - Week of 25 August 14

How about a ban wave? The hacking is getting really bad again where I'm getting teleported to. Not sure about the infinite M4 mags but I'm seeing it again, not sure if that's a hack as much as it is a glitch, but ya. It's becoming very prevalent again. Honestly, I feel that BattleEye is really slacking with the anti cheats. I don't want to offend here, but it feels like they initiate a ban wave, then leave it alone until the game becomes completely unplayable again then they do another ban wave. BE is getting paid by Bohemia to protect their games from said hackers, and they should be doing just that every single day, not in waves, but a constant stream of bans, like APB is doing now. I've never played it, but my buddies love the game and their newly implemented anti cheating is a constant thing, always there, and always banning hackers.

Don't get me wrong, I love when they do a ban wave, because for at least a month afterwards I can actually play the game and not encounter a single hacker. So the anti cheat is very effective, it's just not efficient. Please, BE, do something about this.

I can finally start that weed farm I always dreamed of.

Someone knows, what "central economics" could be ?

Rocketz explained that a long time ago. Basically there will be one server that will control the loot economy over all the other servers that connect to the official hive. For example the number of Night Vision Goggles that spawn.

Edited by raynor009

You could have also said: "I wanna see more KoS-sniping on longer ranges and less player-interaction"

Scubaman/ChrisTorchia already said, that they will not implement a "modern" sniperrifle anytime soon, because this would mess up the in-game-weapon-balance quite heavily.

A modern(& also more powerful) sniperrifle would encourage to kill-on-sight from longer ranges than it already is. Also it would not not encourage player-interaction :)

Lol I think it would just make sniping more fun.. And I think the AK's and M4A1 is already doing their job of people being less communative.. This is survival game not a find and talk to each other game..?...

You could have also said: "I wanna see more KoS-sniping on longer ranges and less player-interaction"

Scubaman/ChrisTorchia already said, that they will not implement a "modern" sniperrifle anytime soon, because this would mess up the in-game-weapon-balance quite heavily.

A modern(& also more powerful) sniperrifle would encourage to kill-on-sight from longer ranges than it already is. Also it would not not encourage player-interaction :)

Most of the killing in game atm is done from 0-10 meters, the last 6 people I killed were either point blank or from no further than the length of a hospital. Sniping with the Mosin has actually gotten quite difficult since they got rid of bipods and increased sway. What the game needs now is for combat to take place between 100 and 400 meters. Firefights at those ranges are what the Arma/dayz series does best. That said I don't want to see any focus on sniping until a system where you can properly steady your weapon, but are affect by wind/spindrift etc. like in ACE II mod for arma.

《DNfires》Private server, LV80, the characters has 7 classes . We did reasonable settings, you will have the  best experience while playing game. Otherwise, it has good speeds all over the world.  www.dnfires.com

wat-meme.jpg

《DNfires》Private server, LV80, the characters has 7 classes . We did reasonable settings, you will have the best experience while playing game. Otherwise, it has good speeds all over the world. www.dnfires.com

Oh shit, chinese spammers.

Prepare your anus for cheap Rolex watches.

Edited by Guest

YEEEESSSS!!!! These major patches just keep getting me more and more excited. I bought into early access because I believed in the vision and the talent of the designers at BI, its so nice to see such great progress. I recently rolled over the 400 hour mark on a relatively basic build in the grand scheme of things, and with the all the expansions of the features I can see that number growing more and more leading up to 1.0

22fMkKR.jpg

Edited by Hells High

I stopped following the forums and patch notes for some months and was quite disillusioned about DayZ. But I noticed the more detailed and well-organized patch notes of last weeks and I'm really hyped again by now. :D

Edited by brudertack82

Looks promising.. but the Zombies, i still feel that they aren't a threat what so ever. It is actually the main thing that is stopping me from playing the game. 

Edited by Cpanther

Please fix whatever changed to make my PC lockup when I Alt+Tab out of DayZ. Before .049 exp it was fine and I could alt tab out and adjust my TeamSpeak settings or whatever, now the game crashes so hard it requires a complete PC reboot to recover.

oh god i cant wait for that 133. five shot pump action shotty? yes please. i just hope they add a sawed off version. it'll look so great. stable update to come today!

About the new status report:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2fgsnw/any_word_on_the_status_report/ck91v75

Rocket:

I wasn't in the office today as I am incredibly jetlagged and one of my kittens is dying - so I had to deal with the vet. I haven't linked up with Brian yet but I suspect he is also absolutely floored. With Gamescom+Insomnia+PAX, he has been travelling heaps.

Hopefully the status report can be out ASAP. One of the key questions at the moment is focusing on when a build can get to stable so that is also keeping us quite occupied.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 1

Gee, having dying kitten is harsh. My three kittens died and there was no help. I'm so sad now...

Gee, having dying kitten is harsh. My three kittens died and there was no help. I'm so sad now...

Man that's sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

Man that's sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

After that I had mother cat sterilized, so I dont have to watch little things suffer again. But BIS should really work more on public relations with dayz team. 2,5 milions of coppies were sold, not cheap, and informatins depend on two men that are not in country. Its not a mod any more, its supose to be serius project. BIS is too big to keep letting things like this hapening. I know that updates cant work perfect every time, but no reason to get some info, or some pics or something like that few times a week.

• Like 1

Rocket on reddit

"I wasn't in the office today as I am incredibly jetlagged and one of my kittens is dying - so I had to deal with the vet. I haven't linked up with Brian yet but I suspect he is also absolutely floored. With Gamescom+Insomnia+PAX, he has been travelling heaps.

Hopefully the status report can be out ASAP. One of the key questions at the moment is focusing on when a build can get to stable so that is also keeping us quite occupied."

So there you have it, it should be up sometime either today or early next week by the looks of it. My guess at least.

I don't want to sound rude or selfish in any way (I have experienced dying dogs, too), but DayZ SA is made by Bohemia and has sold more than 2 million copies..

And a Status-report is held back, because "2 persons are not there"...

On the one hand this is a bit, well, "bad"

but on the other hand I am very very thankful for the fact, that also the "leaders" of DayZ write this report. This is a clear sign, that they really know what's going on, what is being worked on right now, etc.

But also shows, that they haven't lost player-contact as much as EA- or Ubisoft-DEVs for example (and player/customer-interaction will become very very important in the future, because many more games will be made, but only the games, which interact with the Community, will have success in the long term.

(my thoughts are mixed, but overall I understand the situation and I'm happy about it) ;)

Edited by irishroy

I've got 1100 hours in this Game.  I absolutely love it and I love seeing progress, but like Irishroy noted... when real-life things happen and it causes progress to suffer, then change needs to be made.  I don't feel entitled to status reports, but I work for a software company and when things like this happen, there are consequences.  When we don't communicate with our customers or belay communications, bad things are usually afoot, usually internally, and have nothing to do with the 'official' reasons given.  If I delayed something because one of my pets died, I doubt I would be working for the company any longer.  I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

Absolutely!! It's not cool that nobody is not allowed to post anything. Only Torchia and SenChi post here and there. Why is everything so secret? What will hapen if they post picture of one street of Severograd weekly. Or sketches of some new items they work on. They started weekly statuses after community beged for months.