Sign in to follow this  
czz77

Should zombies eat player corpses

Hi, im sorry if this topic is already existing, couldn't find it when searching.

So I think it would be cool if zeds got attracted by player corpses. They could start eating the corspe and getting more stuff ruined as time passes. I think this would greatly add to the atmosphere of the game.

Greets

Hi, im sorry if this topic is already existing, couldn't find it when searching.

So I think it would be cool if zeds got attracted by player corpses. They could start eating the corspe and getting more stuff ruined as time passes. I think this would greatly add to the atmosphere of the game.

Greets

In a sense it's a good idea and a bad one. To list a few reasons why it's bad:

- It will impact the server even more if it is added to the AI.

- It will cause a conflict with the zombies being attracted to survivors and corpses. They'll have to design a new AI system to handle it.

- Have items degrade over time as the zombie eats will definitely take a lot of server resources. And dsync and lag will be a big issue. 

Now I think it's a good idea, but I think about it in a simple and basic way. I think if they do implement this it should just be an animation. For example if zombie knocks down survivor, then start eating survivor and kill. This way it takes the existing system and just adds a couple of animations. And it wouldn't require the zombie to look for corpses as it already is by one. Nothing else would be needed in my opinion. Just my 2 cents. :)

No. They're not classical zombies. They're infected people.

Yes they are infected, but Rocket or any of his team hasn't given a back story as of what caused it or what the infected eat. As far as we know the zombies or "infected" attack the survivors only. And just in patch 0.48 they attack wild life. One can assume the only reason they attack survivors and wild life is to eat them. That's why people make the link. Now we won't know for sure until Rocket implements it into the game via in-game items like books. 

I would like to see it as well, if as a simple mechanic.  IE if zombie not 'agroed' and there's a freshly dead body within its FOV or range of smell it'll head to it slowly and start to chow down, distracting for a bit.

I mean it wouldn't make sense unless the zombies were working on pure rage.  I mean to kill something for absolutely no reason other than it's there, thats just kinda psycoti...Oh my god...WE ARE THE INFECTED!!!

• Like 1

Rocket did a mocap a while back where he was filmed crouched ripping and eating someone/something, so yeah i would expect some sort of devouring to occur.

No. They're not classical zombies. They're infected people.

They propably eat brains anyway, look at those filthy little mouths they have be stuffing something in there.