Katana67

Balota Military Camp Moving to New Location! [SenChi Tweet]

Sounds good to me.

Hopefully it promotes people to actually explore and move throughout the map.

Now that I look at the map, does the western wilderness seem... stretched westward? Might just be virtue of Senchi's map being stitched together from a bunch of maps, but there seems to be some activity in the west.

Indicated...

ojzVAkp.jpg

Current...

kjy7v9F.jpg

Below the yellow line as well, west of Myshkino.

Edited by Katana67

Idk what you people are talking about only east coast or only svetlo/berezino spawn points being available...I just spawned abot 5 minutes out from gorka the other day, took me about 10 minutes to get to NWAF, sooooo idk.

BRING BACK KAMENKA SPAWNS!

Also they should move the military tents to Berezino.

Far to close to the coast no ?

It seems moving the Balota base to the far north west corner was done to push people to migrate in land. Thus making it harder to find military loot as soon as you spawn.

• Like 1

Far to close to the coast no ?

It seems moving the Balota base to the far north west corner was done to push people to migrate in land. Thus making it harder to find military loot as soon as you spawn.

Was joke.

If they moved it to Devils Castle, then bumped the Zelen barracks to the town north of it, full costal respawn could be back on the cards, with the NW corner being the mill heaven.

If they moved it to Devils Castle, then bumped the Zelen barracks to the town north of it, full costal respawn could be back on the cards, with the NW corner being the mill heaven.

You forgot the pavlovo military base. It would also need to be moved if south coast spawns were brought back. I think we're going to have to live with easterly spawn points

Well I'd argue that if they were to have full-on south spawns (i.e. from Skalisty to Kamenka) they'd have to remove the Pavlovo, Zelenogorsk, and Green Mountain high-value loot locations at the very least. Otherwise, southerly spawns would be wholly advantageous compared to easterly spawns.

Especially now with no solid Stary Sobor mid-range analog to even things out for the eastern spawns. Although, one could argue that we don't really need a Stary Sobor anymore because we've got a police station/fire station in every other town now, so the loot that was once at Stary Sobor (i.e. mid-range military/police) has been spread out across the map.

However, if the Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk military bases remain, people spawning in the south will go directly to those locations rather than spending time in the cities. Personally, I think the absolute southern limit (if Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk are to remain) for spawns should be Elektrozavodsk.

Well I'd argue that if they were to have full-on south spawns (i.e. from Skalisty to Kamenka) they'd have to remove the Pavlovo, Zelenogorsk, and Green Mountain high-value loot locations at the very least. Otherwise, southerly spawns would be wholly advantageous compared to easterly spawns.

Yup.

The military base is not even put in yet but im at the places with all the land patches. Hopefully this will be a site for some rarer weapons spawns and gear since its so far away from other areas.

The military base is not even put in yet but im at the places with all the land patches. Hopefully this will be a site for some rarer weapons spawns and gear since its so far away from other areas.

It does not necessarily have to mean different weapons from the other military spawns.

It is so far up that the remoteness alone should be the main incentive of going there vs the other military loot spawns.

Looting that far north should be safer.

It does not necessarily have to mean different weapons from the other military spawns.

It is so far up that the remoteness alone should be the main incentive of going there vs the other military loot spawns.

Looting that far north should be safer.

Doubt it since there still putting another fairly large city around that area.

Some good info in last night's Hicks stream. I believe he mentioned that best gear should spawn in dynamic spots, so heli crashes and maybe some crashed trucks.

I think that those should not spawn anywhere close to spawn areas ofc, since their sole purpose is to give incentive to people to travel around the map. That is why I hope devs will remove Cherno heli crash and any other close to coast.

• Like 2

Some good info in last night's Hicks stream. I believe he mentioned that best gear should spawn in dynamic spots, so heli crashes and maybe some crashed trucks.

I think that those should not spawn anywhere close to spawn areas ofc, since their sole purpose is to give incentive to people to travel around the map. That is why I hope devs will remove Cherno heli crash and any other close to coast.

Yeah, I'm curious as to how they plan on doling out loot now.

Dynamic spawns seem to be playing a larger role in the development than I had anticipated. I wasn't aware that they planned on extending the dynamic loot locations to cars and the like. Because, ostensibly, we've got a few more categories now...

1. Residential

2. Police Station/Fire Station

3. Military Buildings (i.e. Barracks, Tents, and Jails)

4. Dynamic Spawns

I'm also curious as to whether there'll be any actual variation between a UH-60 crash, an Mi-6 crash, a police car, and a V3S in terms of loot. 

I assume the V3S and police cars will provide "LE" weapons. I assume the UH-60 crash will provide NATO gear. I assume the Mi-8 crash will provide higher-end Pact gear. I just don't know how they intend on approaching it. And I assume they may add HMMWVs as dynamic spawns as well.

Plus, we've got the UAZ and Urals spawning military gear now, so, unsure if that will either stop... or they'll be moved to dynamic as well.

But either way, this expansion of dynamic spawns is sort of causing me to reorient how I look at loot a bit. It will be much more spread out, and therefore the significance of fixed buildings like the barracks and tents will be lessened. Not sure how it'll actually play out, and I assume there'll be some overlap between dynamic spawns and the barracks.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

It will be much more spread out, and therefore the significance of fixed buildings like the barracks and tents will be lessened. Not sure how it'll actually play out, and I assume there'll be some overlap between dynamic spawns and the barracks.

I kinda like if that happens provided it is done well, so no super good dynamic crashes near spawning areas.

They, in my opinion, need to be located significantly in north, north-west or so.

Will be very intersting how this plays out. What kind of gear we can get from fixed military barracks, what will be in dynamic loot spots.

Would be nice if we could see that weapon list, devs made and muse as what will spawn where.

I kinda like if that happens provided it is done well, so no super good dynamic crashes near spawning areas.

They, in my opinion, need to be located significantly in north, north-west or so.

Will be very intersting how this plays out. What kind of gear we can get from fixed military barracks, what will be in dynamic loot spots.

Would be nice if we could see that weapon list, devs made and muse as what will spawn where.

Agreed, although, I wouldn't be opposed to a dynamic police car or Ural spawn in the south every now and again.

Perhaps it's good, though, that you could have a fixed and straightforward looting process along the coast, then a more cyclical... dynamic... and ultimately rewarding loot mechanism as you move further inland. Keeps the north moving a bit more, rather than just "Enter Stary/NWAF > Live/Die > Loot > Profit."

Actually, now that I think about it, expanding the dynamic loot sort of simulates what I wanted to be done with deer stands. In providing a more divergent method of looting, which is low-risk, high-time, low-reward. Rather than high-risk, low-time, high-reward that we've got now with places like NWAF.

My biggest concern (although it's not really a concern, as I don't really see a distinct downside) is in the overlap between fixed high-value loot and dynamic loot. There seems to be a bit more overlap now, with police cars and V3S' sort of encroaching on what was once fixed-spawn mid-tier police loot.

My biggest concern (although it's not really a concern, as I don't really see a distinct downside) is in the overlap between fixed high-value loot and dynamic loot. There seems to be a bit more overlap now, with police cars and V3S' sort of encroaching on what was once fixed-spawn mid-tier police loot.

I think that it really just comes down to how robust the loot is.

Once we have enough weapons&gear, then police cars and V3S's can have their proper specific loot close to police station loot.

Top tier dynamic loot, so basicaly heli crashes, will then offer the best one can get, the way I see it.

Barracks would provide "lesser" loot as compared to heli crashes, right? Else it would not make sense to traverse the map looking for heli crashes.

I'm trying to say, that once loot tables are robust, it will be just up to devs what they deem good enough for specific loot spots, be they static or dynamic.

If done right, I could see that enticing players to move around the whole map a lot more than now,  which I would be very happy with.

Seems like coastal spawns and bit inner spawns on the SE corner is what DayZ is heading. So it's a race to the NW corner and NWAF and there won't be Balota military stuff anymore.

You forgot the pavlovo military base. It would also need to be moved if south coast spawns were brought back. I think we're going to have to live with easterly spawn points

If you look at the map, it appears as though the Pavlovo base will be removed as well. It's not labeled explicitly the way that the Tisy base and the NWAF are. Then again, neither is Zelenogorsk (and Green Mountain has never been labeled).

Especially now with no solid Stary Sobor mid-range analog to even things out for the eastern spawns. Although, one could argue that we don't really need a Stary Sobor anymore because we've got a police station/fire station in every other town now, so the loot that was once at Stary Sobor (i.e. mid-range military/police) has been spread out across the map.

However, if the Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk military bases remain, people spawning in the south will go directly to those locations rather than spending time in the cities. Personally, I think the absolute southern limit (if Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk are to remain) for spawns should be Elektrozavodsk.

We know for sure that spawns are changing with 0.49 coming to stable. They've already changed on the current experimental build. As of now, they are set to spawn you anywhere from Novodmitrovsk all the way down the coast to Chernogorsk.

Why is the field next to Balota being moved?  Its so far out of the way I never see anyone out there...Isn't that what they want, people exploring more instead of east coast deathmatching?

Why is the field next to Balota being moved?  Its so far out of the way I never see anyone out there...Isn't that what they want, people exploring more instead of east coast deathmatching?

Because it's being moved north, to the NW corner. In the form of a new military base.

However, they plan on re-introducting southern spawns. And if it were a southern spawn, you'd have people spawning on top of the two barracks buildings that are at Balota. Which is problematic.

Because it's being moved north, to the NW corner. In the form of a new military base.

However, they plan on re-introducting southern spawns. And if it were a southern spawn, you'd have people spawning on top of the two barracks buildings that are at Balota. Which is problematic.

Just seems counter productive...There's already a NWAF, who needs two within 5 minutes of eachother?  Are they trying to make the west the new eastcoast?  It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me...