G.Freeman

Mosin Sniping is broken

EDIT:  (Recanting statement:  Arm must have been broken, and it didn't show an injury,  Nor did my character make pain noises..  Fix that please, That's important.. >.>)

Is it just me, Or is Mosin sniping broken?..  I've been playing for over 1000 hours,  I mainly use the Mosin and both scopes.  But nowadays it's god damn impossible to aim with it.  While holding your breathe you're doing 3-4 inch figure eights with the crosshairs and that crosshair is moving fast..   Completely impossible to shoot at someone 400m+.   Looking at my old dayz game play footage and comparing the two,  This is a night and day difference.. 

I can hold a god damn weapon in real life sturdier than my dayz character can..  This needs to be addressed.  Anyone saying it's more realistic can stfu, because it's not.

This dramatic change doesn't even make sense.

Edited by G.Freeman

Sounds like you may have an injured limb causing sway. The injury doesn't show up. Try using a splint and getting healthy

• Like 2

To me the bullet speed feels broken, especially at close ranges like 50- 100m. Feels like it takes FOREVER to impact, and I end up leading my target by retarded amounts..at ranges like 300+ it feels normal..strange.

Edited by Borges
  • Like 1

Sounds like you may have an injured limb causing sway. The injury doesn't show up. Try using a splint and getting healthy

Hmmm, confirmed: I'm an idiot.   

Something must have been broken, Thanks for telling me injury doesn't appear.   I hadn't played in a bit, Don't recall breaking an arm either..

You can actually bind the hold breath button to two keys. some of the guys I squad with do it when they take mosin sniper.. Bind control and keep right click and the hold breath effect actually doubles up. If you are serious about sniping with mosin, that's the best advice I can give until this is inevitably patched out.

edit: I don't condone this kind of behaviour. Use better judgement.

Edited by Forrelist
  • Like 2

This happened to me too. My toon said his leg hurt, not broken, but my bad sway stopped when I took morphine.

But, sniping is harder now since last two patches. It takes 3 shots to kill a fully geared player now and increased desync means I miss a lot more now. I used to get much more one shot kills.

• Like 1

I'm hoping 4.9 works well......

Mosin was always my fav rifle. I also wanted to give the burlap rap a try. Using the mosin I learned it shots off to the side after like 300 meters, so you have to adjust. I love the mosin becuase it was a technical art at long ranges. I really enjoyed picking a good hide, then figuring my distances, its an art. Plotting exscape routes, I also likes sniping out of buildings too LOL. Were lucky they didn't add wind and bullet drift. But clothing I remember had increased damage resistants. That got added in one of the more recent patches. Also why the hell did they make it so there cant be a bi pod attached, I don't know. That really made big difference prone.

As far as sway goes and breathing it makes it harder yes....but its total realism, there something to be said for that.

When .46 came out we can chop down trees....so when it said any of my limbs were in pain...I would simply shop a tree down and craft splint..I did that a few times...to save the morphine for when I really needed it. It does effect allot of things having a limb in pain.

Regardless I'm trying hard to be optimistic that much of this stuff will be ironed out..I really dont like being a nay sayer but last couple patches kind have got me a little bit bewildered ....how long is the question I guess.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

I used to agree with this until with great practice I was able to hit a moving target twice from the apartments near Bolota Airstrip. Who knows, it might have just been blind luck, or true skill on my part. Its still hard to hit jackshit at over 400 M like you said though. Lots of practice is needed to master the difficult sniping technique needed to hit a target at long range.

You can actually bind the hold breath button to two keys. some of the guys I squad with do it when they take mosin sniper.. Bind control and keep right click and the hold breath effect actually doubles up. If you are serious about sniping with mosin, that's the best advice I can give until this is inevitably patched out.

edit: I don't condone this kind of behaviour. Use better judgement.

I so hope they patch this along with adjustable FOV making scopes zoom more O_o.

• Like 1

That is because you are out of breath. 

2 tips:

for a steady aim atm there is a little glitch, walk forward and you will be dead on.

When you are not out of breath, assign the hold breath key to two buttons, press them both at once and you will hold your breath twice and the cross hair will stay fairly stable.

Now now, promoting bug exploiting is so not cool. But this will be fixed in the next update so enjoy it while you can I suppose. ^_^

• Like 2

Now now, promoting bug exploiting is so not cool. But this will be fixed in the next update so enjoy it while you can I suppose. ^_^

Yes, in hindsight, posting how to do that wasn't a great idea. At least it is getting removed. Getting accurately hit every shot from two fields over is not my idea of fun :)

• Like 1

EDIT:  (Recanting statement:  Arm must have been broken, and it didn't show an injury,  Nor did my character make pain noises..  Fix that please, That's important.. >.>)

Is it just me, Or is Mosin sniping broken?..  I've been playing for over 1000 hours,  I mainly use the Mosin and both scopes.  But nowadays it's god damn impossible to aim with it.  While holding your breathe you're doing 3-4 inch figure eights with the crosshairs and that crosshair is moving fast..   Completely impossible to shoot at someone 400m+.   Looking at my old dayz game play footage and comparing the two,  This is a night and day difference.. 

I can hold a god damn weapon in real life sturdier than my dayz character can..  This needs to be addressed.  Anyone saying it's more realistic can stfu, because it's not.

This dramatic change doesn't even make sense.

Aim with it and walk forward, sway is almost perfect wich makes no sense at all... ah whatever it's an obvious bug wich will be adressed 4 sure :)

Edited by DerrocK

There are only two things that gave me pleasure in this game: killing people with axes, and killing people with mosins. There is literally nothing left for me now. The last thing I expected after being gone for several months was to come back to a worse game.

mate the mosin is OP.

i had a target RUNNING open field side on, down a hill at 450m. (guessing) he was ages away. 
traced his movement and get my xhair slightly ahead and stop. fire. walks into shot. head shot. instant death.

i was impressed. but then felt. it was too easy. 

cant do that with AK101 or AKM or M4 (havent had a m4 long enough to try though)

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

Yay!  Fix the FOV thing too please :}

Any ways, this is a good reason not to exploit, people, besides it being wrong, eventually it gets fixed and you've become accustomed to a bug and end up having to readjust in the long run.

Mosin damage blows any more.  Shot a guy in the head today, he knocked out for literally the time it took for his character to fall over and then get back up, like half a second.  He had a helmet on, but imo a mosin shot to the head should probably just kill you, or if there is a slight chance of being knocked out, it should at least last a while.

Furthermore, after that, I had to shoot him 2-3 more times in the chest (he was foolishly standing still while his buddy presumably IVed him).

Mosin damage blows any more.  Shot a guy in the head today, he knocked out for literally the time it took for his character to fall over and then get back up, like half a second.  He had a helmet on, but imo a mosin shot to the head should probably just kill you, or if there is a slight chance of being knocked out, it should at least last a while.

Furthermore, after that, I had to shoot him 2-3 more times in the chest (he was foolishly standing still while his buddy presumably IVed him).

Thats just the result is a bugged and very early damage model.

Hopefully with time the inventory and damage model will not be so buggy and weapon damage will be consistent and reliable.

Thats just the result is a bugged and very early damage model.

Hopefully with time the inventory and damage model will not be so buggy and weapon damage will be consistent and reliable.

True, but it's gotten worse in recent patches, so adjustments have been made some where along the lines.