cels

Chatacter wipe next stable build(.49) possible

I run around with an AK101 and ONE magazine. It is enough to kill or die, whatever ;). You know what screws legit players besides cheaters using third party software? Dupers. No gearing up being vulnerable, no point in conserving ammo. The very thought of considering dupers legit players disturbes me in the extreme. That goes for all exploits giving you advantages in fights, like looking through walls, glitching through walls, ... .

To be honest, I'm astounded that they don't do this more often. They did for example filter out infinite m4 mags and 60 5.66mm stacks a while ago. They kept coming up. If they just wiped all chars when doing something like that, it might be easier to figure out how that is done. I guess they are hesitant to wipe everything because we (the community) would just show their dislike for such actions in the usual ways. In their shoes I would wipe AT LEAST with every new version. More often if it seems useful. If one dev is just taken out of further development for 1 day because of something like that, I think a wipe would have been a good thing. Gearing up is also part of the game. Maybe you'll enjoy it after months ;)

Teleporting is not impossible. Accolyte did not say that. Read again. He only stated that he never said anything like teleporting is ok. Ppl in the pinned hacking thread misquoted him a while ago, so that's why he wrote that.

OK, so my original concern is confirmed.... while it is a nice jesture to delete hacked magazines... I don't feel any better playing DayZ if people can still teleport which I see almost 5 out of 12 times I play on full servers. Wiping is a good idea, but not if they could better spend their time finding a way to make teleporting harder. Am I the only one who is many times angrier when a teleporter can defy physics and kill you like a God.... then someone who just happens to have more ammo? The guy with more ammo still has to use the same physics and aiming abilities that you and I use.

people who just dupe to have enough ammo to combat live script teleporters, etc.... will be handicapped.

So you're saying stopping the bad cheaters is going to upset the good cheaters?

Excuse me while IDGAF.

• Like 2

So you're saying stopping the bad cheaters is going to upset the good cheaters?

Excuse me while IDGAF.

Dude, the game is about survival. If people that are paying for teleporting hacks which is a pure cheat, not an exploit that everyone can do, and your only chance is to spray bullets in a 360 motion and make them either go to another victim or they actually get hit and die..... then I played DayZ to the fullest potential... I survived. I didn't ruin any one's day with extra bullets. You never need a lot of rounds to have normal, legitimate encounters sith players. And by the way, I'm only talking about duping extra ammo..... Not a hacked infinite magazine. Infinite magazines is cheating. I'm tell you that myself and my friends have survived a few teleporters because we sprayed bullets knowing we had just a few more extra magazines thanks to dupe or two. I never duped to prey on anyone. There is no need for extra bullets but to spray at teleporters. I didn't see the harm in duping for experimentation and testing. I avoid encounters with people, and I don't dupe anymore because I think the Devs don't want it in the game anymore. Whereas 6 months ago it seemed they didn't care. Plus, duping doesn't work anymore. The last time I saw anyone try, all the boxes and clothing are empty. So duping is not an issue not anyways.

Does anyone have a better defense against teleporters?

Edited by hothtimeblues

I would have no problem with regular character wipes during development at least B) My character gets wiped out just about every time a play for various reasons anyways

Great, so where duping could at least give people enough ammo to combat the hackers, now only hackers who are running live scripts will have a huge advantage.

While it is good to delete many of the unlimited ammo clips, don't you guys think it's ironic that the legitimate players who picked them up after killing the original hackers with it.... will not be able to defend themselves from hackers who will be running live scripts.....

This is not fixing hacking at all guys.

We get it.  You're a duper.  And you think it's okay, because others are doing worse things.

But duping is cheating, "hacking" is cheating.  They're one in the same.  You're a cheater, regardless of how you spin it.

Hey, what happens when someone who doesn't cheat runs into you with your infinite ammo?  Do you pause after every thirty shots, and pretend to reload?  Didn't think so.  ( Spare me whatever rationalization you've got queued up for that scenario. )

This clean wipe is going to hurt all the cheaters,  Yourself included.

Nobody else is going to feel bad about it for you.  

Your real issue here seems to be frustration at not being able to re-dupe your ammo after the wipe, which just suggests you're not as smart as some of the other cheaters.  Which in all honesty, was fairly obvious from this series of "duping ain't so bad" posts.

• Like 6

Dude, the game is about survival. If people that are paying for teleporting hacks which is a pure cheat, not an exploit that everyone can do, and your only chance is to spray bullets in a 360 motion and make them either go to another victim or they actually get hit and die..... then I played DayZ to the fullest potential... I survived. I didn't ruin any one's day with extra bullets. You never need a lot of rounds to have normal, legitimate encounters sith players. And by the way, I'm only talking about duping extra ammo..... Not a hacked infinite magazine. Infinite magazines is cheating. I'm tell you that myself and my friends have survived a few teleporters because we sprayed bullets knowing we had just a few more extra magazines thanks to dupe or two. I never duped to prey on anyone. There is no need for extra bullets but to spray at teleporters. I didn't see the harm in duping for experimentation and testing. I avoid encounters with people, and I don't dupe anymore because I think the Devs don't want it in the game anymore. Whereas 6 months ago it seemed they didn't care. Plus, duping doesn't work anymore. The last time I saw anyone try, all the boxes and clothing are empty. So duping is not an issue not anyways.

Does anyone have a better defense against teleporters?

TL;DR: You cheat because other people cheat.

You opinion is invalid.

• Like 4

Come on guys. Admit it. Wiping everyone's character is a cheap and easy way to try and address script kiddies who will still be able to teleport to us which is 1000 times more of an advantage than duping.

If anything, this is rewarding teleporting scripts.

Yes we are deleting hacked mags, but anyone who has current or future access to the paid scripts to teleport will have a larger advantage on us.

I use to play on a lot of full servers with my brother and friends, we often had teleporters appear all around us and our only chance was spraying crap loads of bullets. So I'm justing pointing out the irony that without duping ammo that we mostly used just to spray at the damn teleporters, we will be sitting ducks.

Can't you understand this frustration? I guess most people here not understanding this don't play on full servers where you are more likely to run into teleporters.

Your logic of wanting to cheat so you can battle another cheater is getting old.

Maybe hackers know you guys cheat so they teleport to you first?

Have never seen a teleport and always am on a full server in all corners of the map. You "often have teleporters all around you"?? Really? Multiple teleporters all around you often?

Somehow I feel gross exaggerating here because of being butt hurt that you cannot dupe anymore.

So sad.

On another note... Noooooo my 6 month old M4 and 60 mags noooooo! Lol

+1 for character wipes!

• Like 3

We get it.  You're a duper.  And you think it's okay, because others are doing worse things.

That's a good point. There's worse stuff than duping. However, even though I know how to dupe - I've seen the Youtube videos and I (as many others have) accidentally had it happen and been surprised to find my double - I don't dupe, because I know it's an exploit and a form of cheating. I'm not comfortable with cheating, any type of cheating. Even though duping is about as common and well known as out to 3PP look in ways that are questionable and not legit, I don't use the 3PP look exploits either (even though I don't play on Hardcore). It all boils down to what type of person you are - yes this is a game but have some pride in your play.

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-18-august-14

As the new status report suggests:

"It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean."

Happy to see item duping and infinite ammo will be gone soon.

Its a cool move but only hurts the ppl that do not dupe and have to run around long periods of time to find anything again. THANK DUPERS FOR BEING ASSHATS AND RUINING THINGS FOR OTHER PPL.

• Like 1

Its a cool move but only hurts the ppl that do not dupe and have to run around long periods of time to find anything again. THANK DUPERS FOR BEING ASSHATS AND RUINING THINGS FOR OTHER PPL.

It ruins nothing.  The gear is all pixels, and you can find it all again.

This game is basically a scavenger hunt- not an episode of hoarders.  

Hunting for stuff is the (currently) the best part of this game.

It ruins nothing.  The gear is all pixels, and you can find it all again.

This game is basically a scavenger hunt- not an episode of hoarders.  

Hunting for stuff is the (currently) the best part of this game.

So when your hunting for hours and days to find the really hard to find stuff they decide to put latter in the game your going to be cool with random wipes?

It solves the duping issue but it also punishes ppl that get the gear legit as well.

• Like 2

So when your hunting for hours and days to find the really hard to find stuff they decide to put latter in the game your going to be cool with random wipes?

It solves the duping issue but it also punishes ppl that get the gear legit as well.

Rule 1 invoked.

• Like 3

Agree completely. Look at the context of why this is being done....because people are cheating....

So since a fraction of the players have exploited the game we must all be punished.

I do not specifically enjoy searching for gear as much as I like the challenge of keeping it.

I understand the logic but also doubt they will stop duping.

I know people are gonna just preach ALPHA

why not have one massive wipe when going to Beta ?

If duping glitch is fixed the as soon as dupers die they lose the gear for good. It can no longer be reduped.....hacked mags could easily be identified just like the 60 round stacks of ammo and disappear....

I am always prepared to lose my gear in game but losing my gear cause of a bunch of cheaters I dont play with is just a headache

Holy hell people.  It's a goddamn alpha.  Wipes should have been happening far more often than this.  Get used to it and quit whining.

• Like 8

Agree completely. Look at the context of why this is being done....because people are cheating....

So since a fraction of the players have exploited the game we must all be punished.

I do not specifically enjoy searching for gear as much as I like the challenge of keeping it.

I understand the logic but also doubt they will stop duping.

I know people are gonna just preach ALPHA

why not have one massive wipe when going to Beta ?

If duping glitch is fixed the as soon as dupers die they lose the gear for good. It can no longer be reduped.....hacked mags could easily be identified just like the 60 round stacks of ammo and disappear....

I am always prepared to lose my gear in game but losing my gear cause of a bunch of cheaters I dont play with is just a headache

Not to mention you cant JUST find press vest or ACOGs as easily as some of the other items duped that might be listed.

It's not meant to punish anyone cheaters or legit. It's just meant to clean the slate to allow for proper data collection and to test mechanics.

• Like 5

It's not being done solely to combat dupers.  If it were, wipes would be occurring more often.  

The tone I'm getting out of this is a lot of petulance.  Entitlement even, loathe as I am to use the term.  

Regardless, at the end of the day, we're here to test the game.  Not acquire and collect loot.  Wipes should be expected as a necessary component of testing.  

Don't turn in to Smeagol, people.

• Like 2

Holy hell people.  It's a goddamn alpha.  Wipes should have been happening far more often than this.  Get used to it and quit whining.

I dont think anyone is whining just stating an opinion on the subject that might be counter positive because lets face it allot of you guys just take whatever they give you  up the ass willingly lol.

Yes there will be wipes this i can understand. But why this is now just being addressed after almost a year into development is kind of weird. Why not do it every 3 months instead of just randomly one day? At least ppl will know to expect it more often lol.

Anyone complaining about a wipe is sorta missing one of the major themes of the game.

I can't wait for the wipe, it's about time.

• Like 1

Anyone complaining about a wipe is sorta missing one of the major themes of the game.

I can't wait for the wipe, it's about time.

It should have been done every patch to be honest not JUST untill .49.

• Like 1

Here's were I'm at in regards to DayZ SA and this upcoming patch.

I have had a great deal of fun playing DayZ SA and have played 100s of hours so far. It's an adventure, and its a really good concept for a game. I also feel the hole development of it and how it came about, has a real underdog rises to the top feel. I mean it started as ARMA mod. It's inspiring to see modders make good and do something like this.

The game has a few serous bugs currently though, also its easy for people to exploit and in some cases hacked. I really think they need to address some of these things sooner rather then later before there reputation gets damaged. They are not the only survival sim on the block, in fact there is now a knock off dayz out now H1Z1. So I think the developers need to pay more attention to what people are saying and put a piority on fixing them and making it playable on stable. Exp everyone expects to be buggy, get it worked out on exp then put it on stable. Stable needs to be functional, minor bugs are expected, but not game killing bugs that cause loyal players to want to put the game down.

So I am glad they are trying to correct some of this stuff. I'm all for it even if it wipes are CHRs, if it really is better for the game. Anytime they have too I say warn u 1st and do it, if it improves the overall finished game. Honestly I would prefer keep a CHR alive as possible, but in cases like this I understand.

Edited by CJFlint

Dun care for wipes.

It's an Alpha, has to be expected. Last weekend I freaking kept dying to a mix of technical problems (bugs, glitches, etc) and players, I kept regearing with my paper chars, the whole day. Today I died to a random height glitch in some buildings where you are instantly dead without being shot at by others, etc.

It's annoying, yes. Dying to tech problems usually results in some sort of frustration and more, otherwise unneeded work. But hey, swallow it down. Besides, in some cases it can be quite refreshing again to be forced to re-gear.

• Like 1

Yeah thats true but its almost expected to happen, probably more too now that they are dealing with the hive issues. Balancing the hive and what not.. Im sure its going to happen more as the game gets closer to being live.

Ill be more irritated about it when and if it happens when the game is out of beta heh. Right now though, just part of buying a early access game in alpha.

Edited by cels

naturally im a little dissapointed all the hard work i've stuck in staying alive for months on end, legitimately searching for days on end for high end loot will all be made redundant. Another win for the cheaters it seems. 

Go out like a boss!

Time to start looking for some trouble  ;)

• Like 2