cels

Chatacter wipe next stable build(.49) possible

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-18-august-14

As the new status report suggests:

"It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean."

Happy to see item duping and infinite ammo will be gone soon.

• Like 5

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-18-august-14

As the new status report suggests:

"It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean."

Happy to see item duping and infinite ammo will be gone soon.

This is great news. If it didn't have such an inflammatory effect on so many players, I'd like wipes to occur more when new content is added and bugs/exploits are fixed.

• Like 7

This is great news. If it didn't have such an inflammatory effect on so many players, I'd like wipes to occur more when new content is added and bugs/exploits are fixed.

I agree. I dont think you can be completely sure on what could be causing bugs/issues and what not if things are leftover from before fixes. In all, Id rather have it now compared to when the game goes "live". It is alpha afterall.. I would expect it alot more and in beta as well.

• Like 1

Great, so where duping could at least give people enough ammo to combat the hackers, now only hackers who are running live scripts will have a huge advantage.

While it is good to delete many of the unlimited ammo clips, don't you guys think it's ironic that the legitimate players who picked them up after killing the original hackers with it.... will not be able to defend themselves from hackers who will be running live scripts.....

This is not fixing hacking at all guys.

Edited by hothtimeblues
  • Like 5

You missed the most important parts:

This will allow us to ensure a clean start on player storage and camps, as well as remove issues such as:

• Bugged ammo quantity magazines
  • Corrupt characters
  • Duplicated items and ammunition

Thank god they're going to blow it all away. All of that crap, nuke it! YES!!! *happy dance*

Last night I was approaching Novo and I kept hearing M4 shots, very rythmic, as if they were doing it to a drum beat. After hearing about the 200th shot in a row I turned around and headed the other direction. I just cannot stand people with infinite ammo, and it's always the douches with M4's. Maybe because M4 mags are vulnerable to it where others aren't? I dunno, I just know I'm going to be VERY happy when this hits, and I imagine most others will be as well. Good night hackers, dupers, and identical twin clans who so obviously dupe gear each other up! Your time draws near, let's see how you fair living like the rest of us who try to keep it legit. Your aggressive corpse cannon ways are going to need some re-evaluating.

Edited by Death By Crowbar
  • Like 5

If this fixes duping and infinite ammo I'm totally fine with it. Anyone not fine with it is someone who's got a nice item set they won't be able to dupe anymore.

Last night I was approaching Novo and I kept hearing M4 shots, very rythmic, as if they were doing it to a drum beat. After hearing about the 200th shot in a row I turned around and headed the other direction. I just cannot stand people with infinite ammo, and it's always the douches with M4's. Maybe because M4 mags are vulnerable to it where others aren't? I dunno, I just know I'm going to be VERY happy when this hits, and I imagine most others will be as well. Good night hackers, dupers, and identical twin clans who so obviously dupe gear each other up! Your time draws near, let's see how you fair living like the rest of us who try to keep it legit. Your aggressive corpse cannon ways are going to need some re-evaluating.

Guess you didn't read my above post. Now the hackers running live scripts will be even more god like because people who just dupe to have enough ammo to combat live script teleporters, etc.... will be handicapped. Yes it's good to get rid of a lot of the infinite ammo mags, I agree. But unless they actually fix how easy it is to run live scripts..... all legitimate players are just getting more screwed.

Sadly fixing hacking is something you just can't do, you just push it back. If you stop all the current hacks in-game eventually somebody will just come up with some new ones that'll start it all over again. Trying to get BE bans and wiping items is about the best way to go right now.

Plus wiping the characters will get rid of quite a few non-hacking / non-scripting players who've picked up hacked mags or duped items, that's one plus point.

You missed the most important parts

True.. And also the rest of the blog besides this. The impact of weather(also raincoats and rain boots working), medical system starting to be more implemented, melee weapons, and vehicle ideas being brainstormed!

Edited by cels
  • Like 1

rats, I just found an m4 this morning. :-(

ah, who am I kidding - I'll lose it long before the next update.

• Like 2

Guess you didn't read my above post. Now the hackers running live scripts will be even more god like because people who just dupe to have enough ammo to combat live script teleporters, etc.... will be handicapped. Yes it's good to get rid of a lot of the infinite ammo mags, I agree. But unless they actually fix how easy it is to run live scripts..... all legitimate players are just getting more screwed.

According to accolyte scripting is impossible.

There are too many misconceptions in regards to scripting and hacking and what either actually are. Like I said, the client cannot override the server, therefore scripting is pretty much impossible in DayZ at this point. Is what hackers are doing at the moment "hacking"? Yes and no. It depends on your definition of hacking. I will not discuss the specifics of it though.

At which point did I say that people teleporting and whatnot is ok? I was merely pointing out the difference between hacking and scripting.

naturally im a little dissapointed all the hard work i've stuck in staying alive for months on end, legitimately searching for days on end for high end loot will all be made redundant. Another win for the cheaters it seems. 

• Like 3

Sadly fixing hacking is something you just can't do, you just push it back. If you stop all the current hacks in-game eventually somebody will just come up with some new ones that'll start it all over again. Trying to get BE bans and wiping items is about the best way to go right now.

Plus wiping the characters will get rid of quite a few non-hacking / non-scripting players who've picked up hacked mags or duped items, that's one plus point.

Guess you never heard of League of Legends. I have read several sources that say it has zero hacking in it, and yet is played by probably 1 to 3 million people.

naturally im a little dissapointed all the hard work i've stuck in staying alive for months on end, legitimately searching for days on end for high end loot will all be made redundant. Another win for the cheaters it seems. 

Never, Never! get attached to your gear..... :) ......

On the other hand, I am really excited to see this global nuke.....Yesterday I killed a guy at the Army Base near NWAF.  Fully geared M4, 500 bullets, 7 double mags, ACOG pristine....since I did a type of "spray and pray" type of approach, he has all the mags ruined and most of his arsenal.  Carried the M4 to a near hill and dropped it.  My guts told me that this maybe a dupped gun....Also his partner flew quite fast from the site maybe trying to save the identical gear?....anyhow.....very happy with this new char wipe!

Cheers!

Guess you never heard of League of Legends. I have read several sources that say it has zero hacking in it, and yet is played by probably 1 to 3 million people.

Doesn't mean to say it won't ever be hacked though. As Jurassic Park taught us, "Life will find a way" ;)

Goodie! i'll die 20 times before the update so another one wont hurt. 

According to accolyte scripting is impossible.

Oh, then I apologize if they noted that teleporting, (the single worst hacking script in the game)

is now impossible. I hope that is true. But if it is, why is no one celebrating that teleporting is supposed to be now impossible? That's is 1000 times more of an advantage than duping.

nice. a fresh start for everyone! they should do this monthly imo!

Cool. I like resets. If it were up to me, we'd reset every Wednesday morning. Cheers to the devs for making an alpha playable.

It sure is interesting to watch how a company develops a game from early alpha, with the support of its fans.

Great, so where duping could at least give people enough ammo to combat the hackers, now only hackers who are running live scripts will have a huge advantage.

While it is good to delete many of the unlimited ammo clips, don't you guys think it's ironic that the legitimate players who picked them up after killing the original hackers with it.... will not be able to defend themselves from hackers who will be running live scripts.....

DRESS.gif

That might be the most original defense for duping your gear I've ever heard. You are actually rationalizing exploiting a bug that lets you magically create new entities of your items? You are doing that right there, in that post? Oh man.

• Like 22

Exploiters ain't much better than hackers tho. They're both cheating.  I'm glad I soon get rid of the cheaters thanks to private servers. No more hackers, exploiters or server hoppers...  Finally thing gets fair and more fun.

• Like 5

It has hacking but the way its dealt with is usually swift and brutal. Also the system of "leveling up your account" helps as banned players have to restart leveling, not bothering the leveled accounts in the process. Now DayZ is not F2P so "leveling your account" is generally replaced by "buying the game".

However as the game is still in development there are probably less free resources to hunt down hackers and more unfinished flawed elements to take advantage of.

Wipes should and are meant to happen, it is great if this would fix duping.

IF. (BIG if)

Hackers will always find a way to hack, dupe , etc. bullshit and they really don't give a fuck about wipes.

Finally they remembered to do this,but,what if hackers do it again? What if they make hacked mags again . _ . ? I'm just sick of pussies camping in ATC wall glitch and when players enter ATC they come out and spray 1000 bullets at them[happened to me over 5 times...]

Awsome news tbh.

They should have done this every 1-2 months during development imho.

The sooner the better :)

• Like 1

Hackers will always find a way to hack, dupe , etc. bullshit and they really don't give a fuck about wipes.

A wipe is a big win anyway because it deletes the hacked stuff being already ingame.