Sign in to follow this  
matthew.hayes.somerville@gmail.com

Character wipe on disconnect/server restart!

Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone else was getting this.

Every time I log out, I lose my character! Or if a server restarts :/

Can't think what to do to fix it!

Please help!

Got the same issue, but my thread i just posted got deleted. So yours will also be probably deleted for mentioning this. 

2 days 3 character wipes for me. 

yeah i've had this too though I'm not bothered about it.

Got the same issue, but my thread i just posted got deleted. So yours will also be probably deleted for mentioning this. 

2 days 3 character wipes for me. 

It's happened to me as well.

But I think your thread probably got deleted because there has already been at least one previous topic on here about the issue, and the devs are aware of it. There's another patch due with a couple of weeks, so hopefully it'll be fixed then if not before.

Don't panic, everything will be ok.

I logg back in and what do i see ?. Character reset 

1234931504682.jpg

Me too, in fact I reported it to the Troubleshooting thread, there was no response really on how to remedy it. I temp quite playing until I either figure out how to keep it from happening or they have some fix. For a while I thought I was the only one. I did see the part were someone was saying it had to do with fresh server restarts, but I'm not sure that's all there is to it...or is that it?

My thoughts about DayZ SA currently..........Shits Broken! LOL

Edited by CJFlint

Me too, in fact I reported it to the Troubleshooting thread. I temp quite playing until I either figure out how to keep it from happening or they have some fix. For a while I thought I was the only one.

Good luck withit it m8...I see tons of osts like these spread over a time distance over a year but it seems it' whas never taken under the loop. 

And from my search i realised it's nothing we can do about it. it's the save/cloud system that fails to save/load. 

Becuz the servers i always played on worked as it should. Until yesterday. None of 'em does anymore.

Good luck withit it m8...I see tons of osts like these spread over a time distance over a year but it seems it' whas never taken under the loop. 

And from my search i realised it's nothing we can do about it. it's the save/cloud system that fails to save/load. 

Becuz the servers i always played on worked as it should. Until yesterday. None of 'em does anymore.

You know I really wish they would look into it, CHR resets every time is a game killer to me. I have seen it were you log off and you log back in then your CHR fresh spawn...then you quckly log back in and your CHR comes back.....But lately its something different, it just wipes every time, at least the last time I played. If they want to keep there player base they should really look into fixing this issue. I pretty much stopped playing cause of it....I sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by CJFlint

I posted a workaround on this, but it got merged into "I quit / This game is bullshit" thread.

Let me quote myself:

If a server went down due to restart and you connect again on the same server, this will cause you to be a freshspawn. Connect elsewhere, then connect on the server that restarted earlier. If you connect to the restarted server and find yourself a bambi, DO NOT just reconnect there! It WILL wipe your character, connect elsewhere first! If you notice a ridiculous long "wait for host" the server is about to wipe your char, disconnect!

Or: just wait before you connect to the same server. If you are getting "Waiting for host" more than 10 seconds. Hit escape and try again a minute later on the same server.

Edited by Khanarac

I posted a workaround on this, but it got merged into "I quit / This game is bullshit" thread.

Let me quote myself:

If a server went down due to restart and you connect again on the same server, this will cause you to be a freshspawn. Connect elsewhere, then connect on the server that restarted earlier. If you connect to the restarted server and find yourself a bambi, DO NOT just reconnect there! It WILL wipe your character, connect elsewhere first! If you notice a ridiculous long "wait for host" the server is about to wipe your char, disconnect!

Or: just wait before you connect to the same server. If you are getting "Waiting for host" more than 10 seconds. Hit escape and try again a minute later on the same server.

The servers I've been playing on (1PP; persistence: on) appear to run from 14:00 in-game time, and reset after a couple of hours back to 14:00 again. If you try to join the server at 14:00, it will make you wait for ages, then wipe your character; if you wait until it says at least 14:01 before you join, you're ok.

but my thread i just posted got deleted.

Your thread was not "deleted".

To find your content the simplest method is to go to your Profile and check the My Content tab.

I advise you to use the Search tool in future and read the Rules; if you do not understand the rules their are some Guidelines that may help you.