daniels

New Original Map W/ New DayZ Feel

I was thinking that instead of adding on to Chernarus or porting/remastering old maps to just make a full new one, with its own special features and rare places that are good hotspots.

Having a place that is related to the US would be nice, somewhere like in The Walking Dead, somewhere Georgia based, like having a big country area, a couple of smaller cities, and a couple of bigger cities.

Say, as a hotspot, there was a farm area with its own unique buildings nowhere else on the map, kind of like Herschel's farm, and in one part of the farm there was a enclosed area that spawns a lot of chickens or something.

Another hotspot like a national park, it has a couple of ranger stations and is also full of deer, foxes, and bears.

Maybe in some of the bigger towns there are, of course, a lot of zombies, a lot, but... there is also quite a few new apartment buildings with alley ways that keep you from being spotted and there is an evac/military camp that was overrun in the middle with plenty of weapons and military gear and maybe, if and when they are in, this is one of the places a broken chopper could spawn that you could fix up.

I was thinking it could of course, still be in a russian area so there would have to be some optimizations and this would be something to come very later on.

Plz consider devs, praise lord dean rocket hall, nerf dat fagit, lord gaben, holla dolla bbys

I don't really see the need for a U.S. based map, at least not an official one. I mean, I'm not opposed to it, but there are other interesting areas of the world that have few or no zombie games. Somewhere in Germany would be nice, or some central/western European country that isn't the UK.

i don't think making a map literally based on a TV Show/Comic/Other Video Game Series would go out very well, though. They'd have to get permission, and there's also the fact that you can already play the Walking Dead Game to explore the area, where there are more interesting areas even in the US that could be done.

They'll definitely need to finish what they have planned for Chernarus before starting on a new map, though. Adding on to the map probably won't happen, because it's not easy to do with the 'island editor' program they use.

The biggest problem with making it in the US (besides the fact that the US is the setting for almost every zombie game) is that a lot of the stuff would not make sense in the US. Most of the guns are alright, but an AK-101 is practically impossible, and a lot of the modern Russian/Eastern European gear and clothing are pretty far fetched. They'd need to redesign a lot of the stuff to fit it.

Either way, talking about new maps is out of the question at this point, when there's so much that needs to be sorted out on the current map.

Think op will be pleasantly surprised once people start modding the game.

Canada map

Alberta? That'd be enjoyable.

uQnZb2fl.jpg

Edited by Heav

I would prefer to see the current map focused on for a while and really Improved and creating more areas of interest eg sewers under major cities, bunker complex beneath green mountain, roads leading out of major cities littered with cars, bigger buildings that I can get lost in, more unique buildings, enter able factory buildings in industrial areas.. it goes on ^_^

Edited by liquidcactus

Id like to see something like this:

You know those mod maps made for A2? I think the creators and BI should talk about ownership. Imagine taking Namalsk, and putting it in the Northern edge of the map, and maybe lingor in the south, stuff like that.

I would STILL love to see the Western edge slowly transform into a small chunk of Takistan, since in A2 lore theyre side by side

• Like 1

I would like to see some sort of North African map, maybe.

All hail king dehydration!

Northern Maine Coastline

specifically the Bar Harbor area, Schudic, and Acadia.

good sized towns

large sea

"city-ish" place (Bah Habah, for my Northern friends)

Ever been in the Maine woods? deep, thick, and dark. Cant see more than 30 feet ahead o you sometimes. Makes you lost, disoriented, and confused. Perfect for DayZ

You still have "coasts" to spawn on, but it is different

Here, have a map of the area to give a good idea of why its good

8FDRPsi.gif

As you can see, it offers many unique areas, chokepoints, a mix of woods and city. Theres even an airport, for you damned server hoppers.

Plus....its Maine. Fulla guns.

cant really think of any other things. Was just up there actually. Love it up there. Hancock Point specifically, Mansions n shit. 

Edited by AnyoneInCherno?
  • Like 1

Export of Altis map ?

Or better :

Some km away on the coast of the Chernarus map of DayZ SA having both Stratis and Altis map ?
Altis having spawn point but Stratis only accessible by boats and contain nice equipment, rare loot or even unique loot.
And YES I KNOW Chernarus is supposed to be East Europa and its far from real Stratis, but anyway Chernarus is fictional, so i don't see any issues, it will GREATLY improve the map size.
Stratis is almost already ready for DayZ, the format of the map itself is probably already compatible due to the graphic engine or will only need few tweaks/conversions to work !

It will "only" need some tweaked navmech for zed and animals, spawn/respawn points, furnitures on houses and buildings and finally object spawn points, and we almost have 4 time the size of the original game without having any copyright/owner right issue, need to create totally a new map or things like this and it will be just a matter of DayZtisation of the map by adding required stuff which is a long but not a hard task !

You know those mod maps made for A2? I think the creators and BI should talk about ownership. Imagine taking Namalsk, and putting it in the Northern edge of the map, and maybe lingor in the south, stuff like that.

I would STILL love to see the Western edge slowly transform into a small chunk of Takistan, since in A2 lore theyre side by side

I agree with Owen on this (seems to happen a lot eh mate ;D) Namalsk was an awesome map minus the EMP storms, I know some really liked it and may think I'm a whimp because I don't like them but I just feel that Dayz will already have too much challenges to face asides EMP storms ... like snow storms and such like that ... none the less I think The map we have now is great but like Owen stated it would be awesome to have additions to our already beloved Chernarus.

• Like 1

The "DayZ feel" comes from (for me, at least) the post-soviet map. I liked nearly all of the mod maps solely because they weren't generic American places, and they had some sort of link to the USSR. I believe DayZ wouldn't have ever gotten as popular as it did if it were based anywhere else. Chernarus is the perfect setting for this game.

Edited by mullraugh

Canada map

I would take perverse pleasure in seeing people seethe at only finding 5 round magazines for their ARs.

• Like 2

I agree with Owen on this (seems to happen a lot eh mate ;D) Namalsk was an awesome map minus the EMP storms, I know some really liked it and may think I'm a whimp because I don't like them but I just feel that Dayz will already have too much challenges to face asides EMP storms ... like snow storms and such like that ... none the less I think The map we have now is great but like Owen stated it would be awesome to have additions to our already beloved Chernarus.

Eh, maybe were connected.

But yeah, that little Northeastern cap they added, replace that with Namalsk, or just add the mountains and snow all along the North border. Utes is comin soon© and maybe some other unique spots. I think the best bet would be for BI to buy the maps from the owners (1000 Dollars, name in DayZ credits, whatever) and just add them. Lingor about 3k meters south, Takistan as the natural western border (really wanna see this)

I mean, 2 million copies at 29.99 a piece. I think that 1000 dollars and a text file containing the map makers name wouldnt bankrupt them.

I mean, 2 million copies at 29.99 a piece. I think that 1000 dollars and a text file containing the map makers name wouldnt bankrupt them.

Amen to that brother! One of the most sold games and hasn't even hit Beta yet lol blows my mind every time ... but Takistan would be an amazing area, personally though I'd be north in the snow map (Call me King Of The North!!!)

• Like 1

Actual Chernarus is much bigger than the map is, which just shows a part of it called "South Zagoria"

And onto adding those other maps -

That really wouldn't work. Namalsk was situated in the very far North, on oceans probably in the sub-arctic zone. Lingor is a jungle island situated near Africa, somewhere close to the equator. Chernarus is a temperate post-Soviet country located in the far south of eastern Europe.

Lingor doesn't match either of them, and Namalsk hardly goes along with Chernarus.

That's besides the fact that these were user created maps, and there's much more potential for the devs to simply add their own unique islands with their own touch rather than copying something else.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Chain.... shhhhh.... They dont know that....

Well, if you look at the snow fences in Chernarus, their pretty high. It looks like they see about 3-6 feet on average. It doesnt have to be Namalsk EXACTLY, just a snow region. And I know Chernarus is bigger, but unless they release a campaign its not a canon part of Arma lore. So, I suppose we could bend reality, seein as how climate changes with longitude in Arma (never understood how a pure desert country could be SIDE BY SIDE with a rather cold country, rather than South of it XD) What were tryin to say is yeah, it dont fit, but we need different regions. And I believe porting and adding maps to Chernarus would be easier than building a new map

Plus instead of the playerbase bein broken up by mods AND maps, if we add in everything that is to offer, maybe Chernarus will remain the most popular.

Dean confirmed that once chernar was complete (much later in development) he would start working on a more western map, because that's where he grew up. He also explained that once the game were complete, there would be tools for players to make their own maps.

Dean confirmed that once chernar was complete (much later in development) he would start working on a more western map, because that's where he grew up. He also explained that once the game were complete, there would be tools for players to make their own maps.

i hate being that person, but where did he say that about the tools to make their own maps?

because hell, i want to do that!

If you cant remember dont worry, i understand, just want some more info.