Demonica

Stashing the goods. Sure, but where?

Welp, looks like I have a lot to learn when it comes to hiding my precious beanz.

Rule No.1: Don't stash your loot inside any house. I mean really any house, even the wooden cabins where "nobody ever goes in", because somebody will go in and find your crap.

Alright, from here on out I'm asking the Mod Players as well as the Standalone Players:

In a Bush? Under a tree? In the middle of the city? A small village on the outskirts?

Where have you found that your loot is safest from other players? Where does it make the most sense if you die and respawn randomly?

Thanks folks!

Welp, looks like I have a lot to learn when it comes to hiding my precious beanz.

Rule No.1: Don't stash your loot inside any house. I mean really any house, even the wooden cabins where "nobody ever goes in", because somebody will go in and find your crap.

Alright, from here on out I'm asking the Mod Players as well as the Standalone Players:

In a Bush? Under a tree? In the middle of the city? A small village on the outskirts?

Where have you found that your loot is safest from other players? Where does it make the most sense if you die and respawn randomly?

Thanks folks!

I have a feeling you're gonna be hard pressed to get people who will be specific about this.... but I'll give some pointers:

1. Away from any spawn points (IE - No where near the north east)

2. Away from any high traffic areas (IE - No where near NWAF, Balota, Veresnik, etc)

3. Away from any paths that lead from 1 point of interest to another.. (IE - Stary Sobor, Devils Castle, etc..)

4. Place so it cannot be seen from a distance, surrounded by either trees or other objects.. IE - A wall, pile of logs, etc.

Placing around loot spawns may seem dangerous, but certain towns are virtually never visited, assuming you follow the rules above placing behind an out of the way barn or house is not necessarily a bad idea. 

Also, there are certain clumps of trees (like 6 trees all in a circle), that you could place inbetween.. There's also certain clearings which do not appear on the map (if viewed from map, they look like forested areas), but they provide a clear space and are generally surrounded quite well.

Try to place your tent in a valley if possible.. Hills/valleys can be natural visual barriers which make your camp more difficult to spot.

• Like 3

Think of the best possible out of the way spot on the map..and then go nowhere near it.

• Like 5

I have a feeling you're gonna be hard pressed to get people who will be specific about this.... but I'll give some pointers:

Excellent advice all around; very similar to my thinking.

I haven't tried to stash loot yet. I want to set up a camp with a tent or two, but I can never find any :(

Several questions guys:

1. I thought you could only stash/stock loot and items inside the tents?

2. or you can actually stash it as you all have said, just on top of the ground?  

3. These items placed at the ground would be wipe out once the server restarts or will be persistant even outside a container?

I really love the persistent items idea but having issues to understand the mechanics.

Any help is highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by pizuicas

Yes can someone explain this? If we can store items ill give dayz a try again.

Several questions guys:

1. I thought you could only stash/stock loot and items inside the tents?

2. or you can actually stash it as you all have said, just on top of the ground?  

3. These items placed at the ground would be wipe out once the server restarts or will be persistant even outside a container?

I really love the persistent items idea but having issues to understand the mechanics.

Any help is highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance guys!

I could be totally wrong here, but i understand it as this. With or without a tent the items will persist to their individual half life at which point will vanish. Using a back pack / tent / container. slows this and preserves the items longer. 

read in the notes about different door materials being added to the game, so hopefully you will be able to lock up a flat in a high rise or a wee house out in the country somewhere and store your stuff safely.

Edited by Calibre

Thanks folks!

There is no sure safe spot to stash ur gear...map is to small really. Either we need the ability to dig stuff down, so it would be harder to spot compared to the tent. Or we need bigger forests. When cars arrive it will be even easier to find ppls stuff.

Do not underestimate the concept of hiding in plain sight as well. 

My most successful mod tents were placed in this fashion.

• Like 2

Put your shit in a tree. If you do it right, you can't access it without cutting the tree.

On the road, beside a fare, then pew pew at----

Oh wait.

Um.

I would suggest hiding them in places off the most used pathes, but not too terribly far. That way you don't forget yourself. For example, there is a beautiful valley that no one would ever have any reason to go to between Svelto and this random lake/pond. There are a couple of rocks there that I'd stash things between. It's far enough out of the way that it probably won't get found, but isn't somewhere I won't forget.

Of course, that's not where I'm going to put my stuff, but I made note of it >.> just eyeball these spots. Make note of them. Make sure you can remember where you put your things. You don't want to have the sensation of a squirrel who has lost it's buried food.

the best general advice i can give RE: tents is, try to find a spot where trees and foliage mask the appearance of your tent from as many angles as possible and hope no one walks directly over it.

I've more luck with tents closer to the coast this way in the past than I've had trying to make camps in the north.

Just remember, some of us look EVERYWHERE, not just at high value, high %, loot locations.

It's a tricky subject... Too close to the map borders are almost sure to be found by people who dedicate themselves to finding other campsites...

Too far inland without carefully planning all possible random pathing will be randomly stumbled upon.

No where is truly safe, it's best to have multiple camps spread out, because trust me, they will be found.

I was find special place in the ocean close to SOME docks near bech not in the water in the sand but you only see when you are swim in the ocean not from land and is possible IN ONE PLACE IF YOU PRONED FACING SOUTHWEST you can go inside backpack DONT GET FOOTS WETTED is secrat place I was exparimant vary much before I was find and after 3 day on busy server NO BODY IS FIND MY SHIT

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™
  • Like 1

the best general advice i can give RE: tents is, try to find a spot where trees and foliage mask the appearance of your tent from as many angles as possible and hope no one walks directly over it.

I've more luck with tents closer to the coast this way in the past than I've had trying to make camps in the north.

Just remember, some of us look EVERYWHERE, not just at high value, high %, loot locations.

Which leads me to another tip: Never hide anything along the edge of debug.

• Like 1

Which leads me to another tip: Never hide anything along the edge of debug.

This.

The debug desert is bad news.

Put your shit in a tree. If you do it right, you can't access it without cutting the tree.

Wait. I tried to stash a backpack under a pine tree earlier, but it vanished. Are you saying if I go back to that server and chop the tree down, I might get my backpack back?

Wait. I tried to stash a backpack under a pine tree earlier, but it vanished. Are you saying if I go back to that server and chop the tree down, I might get my backpack back?

Yep. Try it.

Edit: Items that aren't in tents might have something called a half-life so they might disappear after some time.

Edited by hotcakes

Think of the best possible out of the way spot on the map..and then go nowhere near it.

This. Though looking at the map and thinking of a devious spot to hide a tent let's you find others.

There are really good stashing spots that are hidden by the terrain's textures.

But I'm not gonna tell you. :^)

There are really good stashing spots that are hidden by the terrain's textures.

But I'm not gonna tell you. :^)

I have three locations I can locate without a map at all, one being West, South, and one in the center.

Only once did I ever have an issue with one person finding one of them in the mod.

I will be the first to say what I think a lot of other players are thinking: the south eastern corner of the map is the new ideal region for stashing tents. This is for three reasons

1.) limited locations of value or interest in the area. The towns north of elektro and west of solichny are of limited value to both newspawns and geared players.

2.) this region has the most extensive forest on the map. The western and northern forests of the mod have been extensively reduced. Nuff said.

3.) the south eastern corner of the map is easily within reach of east coast spawns while not being a common destination or transitory area for coastal players.

In the mod (southern spawns), the forest along the western edge of the map was an area with very similar characteristics to the south eastern corner of the map in the SA: low value, low traffic, dense forests, and within reach of player spawns. For these reasons, I believe that the south eastern corner of the map will be a fairly popular spot for large stashes.

Of course, most of this scheming and subterfuge is unneccessary as the majority of the high-yield stashes will be tucked away on consistently empty servers away from prying eyes until private hives are implemented.

Are there any mountaineers? Or better, has anyone thought about the huge rock area at the coast by.. I think it's Electro. I was thinking about this but I am kinda scared that a backpack could practically "slide" into the rocks themselves, never to be seen again. Anyone that experimented with this?

I love the view from up there, even if you can slide, break your legs and ruin your gear if you are not careful. There's berries up there too, so from a survival side it might work.

I know I just may have given a spot away, but I was thinking about it and I'm sure I'm not the only one ^_^

Sry didnt bother reading any other posts. Are you sure you placed your goods on a tent with "persistence enabled" in it's name? If yes, ignore this post.

• Like 1