Sign in to follow this  
ckop32

Bandit

Currently me and a friend have been playing this game. I used to play with a large clan and got into lots of pvp. Currently do not play with a clan just play with 1 real life friend. We play pretty aggressive not always shoot on site but 90% of the time seems to head in that direction. We don't want to play as heroes and do not want to play a pve game as hunting people is far more entertaining. The problem we run into is we would like to be bandits not kill every one we see but rob stop them maybe screw with players and 90% of the time cut them loose. I love the addition of handcuffs that allow us to do this.

However since there is only 2 of us we its hard to surround people to force them to get on their knees or give up with out either trying to pull their weapons out or just start running away. I would assume most people have this reaction do to 90% of the people we encounter with weapons try to kill us.

I would love to see the devs implement rubber bullets or shotgun beanbags that can either disable running or standing or even knock a player out if hit in the head so bandits can acutally bandit instead of just shooting people on site. This would add another dimension to the game of robbery of being able to disable players instead of killing them or shooting them in the knees and breaking their legs.

Let me know what you guys think but I think it would be a great addition to the game because currently if some one jumps out and says surrender unless its an armed squad of 4-5 I would rather take my chances of fighting back if its only 1 or 2.

How old are you?  No this is not a jab at your age but some people including myself have a hard time taking a high pitched voice seriously when they do try to rob you.  Being a bandit tho can be tough plus some people are just not willing to give up stuff that they may have spent hours or days gathering.  Be forceful and let them know that they can either give up their belongings peacefully or risk having everything ruined.

LOL I am 28 and forceful doesn't mean people listen. If in real life some one armed to the hilt tells you to get on your knees most people will probably do it in a video game you have nothing to lose is what I am getting at. There is where the problem is I would like an option of not shooting them with real bullets but still being able to disable them at range hence rubber bullets would be great to rob people with or at least interrogate them. So yeah yelling at or telling people to get down some times works but if your like me unless u have a group of 5 plus I will take me chances at just bailing as fast as I can. At time I don't even want to rob them some times I like to just look through stuff to see what they have.

LOL I am 28 and forceful doesn't mean people listen. If in real life some one armed to the hilt tells you to get on your knees most people will probably do it in a video game you have nothing to lose is what I am getting at. There is where the problem is I would like an option of not shooting them with real bullets but still being able to disable them at range hence rubber bullets would be great to rob people with or at least interrogate them. So yeah yelling at or telling people to get down some times works but if your like me unless u have a group of 5 plus I will take me chances at just bailing as fast as I can. At time I don't even want to rob them some times I like to just look through stuff to see what they have.

Shoot them in the legs.  That will disable them

I wish people who "shoot on site" would learn how to spell "shoot on sight".

What would that change?

World peace, my friend, world peace.

World peace overrated and probably boring anyways.

• Like 1

Technically both forms are correct, but have a different meaning :

Shoot on sight means killing some one as soon as you have visuals

Shoot on site means shooting anyone who enter said site (a trespasser) 

Both forms can be used when killing in game, because a town or a military base can be a site that the victim is trespassing. 

For example 

A group of people walks around the map hunting other players, this is where shoot on sight is the correct term.

A group of people takes over lumber mill, as of this point of become their site, on which they will use shoot on site policy, therefore it becomes a correct term. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Good idea for a non-lethal, maybe aim for the head and hit them with one of the beanies. Could cause permanent impairment, but ay, are they really gonna be left alive?

Its because they are uneducated punk bitches :D

• Like 1

Technically both forms are correct, but have a different meaning :

Shoot on sight means killing some one as soon as you have visuals

Shoot on site means shooting anyone who enter said site (a trespasser) 

Both forms can be used when killing in game, because a town or a military base can be a site that the victim is trespassing. 

For example 

A group of people walks around the map hunting other players, this is where shoot on sight is the correct term.

A group of people takes over lumber mill, as of this point of become their site, on which they will use shoot on site policy, therefore it becomes a correct term. 

"Shoot on site"  is not proper English. It's not even "technically" correct. Perhaps if you're a photographer (We're having a shoot on the site today) it would make some sense but in any other context, it is entirely wrong. Of course you' re shooting on the site, it is where you are at. Where else would you do shooting? Off-site? But do you also shoot on sight or do you first make contact? That' s the whole point behind saying you " shoot on sight" to let people know you will shoot them when they are sighted. If you tell people that you will "shoot on site" they will just wonder " But will you also shoot on sight?"

Or are you just going to limit yourself to starting gunfights on that particular site? How ambigious do you want it?

If you want to let people know you will shoot trespassers, you write just that: "trespassers will be shot" which obviously means that you will be shooting on sight (and lol: shooting on site).

I don't know the necessary terminology to explain it to you when it comes to the grammatical side of things but I'm sure you could find an English teacher who will on the web.

"Shoot on site"  is not proper English. It's not even "technically" correct. Perhaps if you're a photographer (We're having a shoot on the site today) it would make some sense but in any other context, it is entirely wrong. Of course you' re shooting on the site, it is where you are at. Where else would you do shooting? Off-site? But do you also shoot on sight or do you first make contact? That' s the whole point behind saying you " shoot on sight" to let people know you will shoot them when they are sighted. If you tell people that you will "shoot on site" they will just wonder " But will you also shoot on sight?"

Or are you just going to limit yourself to starting gunfights on that particular site? How ambigious do you want it?

If you want to let people know you will shoot trespassers, you write just that: "trespassers will be shot" which obviously means that you will be shooting on sight (and lol: shooting on site).

I don't know the necessary terminology to explain it to you when it comes to the grammatical side of things but I'm sure you could find an English teacher who will on the web.

How is it not correct English ? It has correct spelling and grammar just because it's not the official term does not make it incorrect English. 

It might be a product of miss spelling, but saying it's not even correct English is exaggerating.

You can shoot on sight without shooting on site.

You can't shoot on site without shooting on sight.

And yes I can limit myself to KoS in only particular area.

Kind of pointless to argue about grammer. I like things to be spelt correctly, but I don't worry about it too much. At its core it's about communication. Sometimes grammer mistakes can leave things ambiguous: 'eats shoots and leaves' however here it's kinda obvious.

Back to the issue... I tend to put a lot of faith in people when I run into them. So far my rating for aggression from other players has been 50:50, so I still act friendly (but cautiously). The issue here IMO is that rubber bullets and bean bags are things you don't usually run into. I could imagine the police having them in America, but a Soviet State? Most likely they would just shoot into the crowd (judging from history). However from a pure gameplay perspective, I see nothing wrong with having a non-lethal takedown method (apart from handcuffs).

Edited by 11tw

Kind of pointless to argue about grammer. I like things to be spelt correctly

Oh the irony, so much irony.

Edited by General Zod