battlerhd

Bandit life

(Just for the record I never play like this, I just wanted to see what playing like a bandit is all about)

So yeah, I went on a HC server and geared up. Now I was playing as a really dirty and scum bag bandit just to see what the enjoyment was like for these people. So with my SKS and camouflaged clothes I just camped out at the ship wreck down from Svetlojarsk just waiting for any player I could find, gear or no gear. I ended up killing around 4 players after I got a little bored, the first player only had a axe and he was running into the ship, I shot him in the chest and he just looked at me while I aimed at his head and ended his life. The second guy was a complete fresh spawn and it was a clean shot in the back of the head, the other to kills were about the same and I ended up feeling sorry for them, they had nothing and I was just killing them so I stopped doing it.

Overall enjoyment: None what so ever

(The bandit life is not the life for me)

• Like 3

My opinion: 
That you did there, is not playing like a bandit. That's just CoD style. 

Bandit in my opinion: 
Tracks people down/find people. Stop them, take them as "hostage", steal their shit and then leave them with nothing, bonus if you handcuffed them. 
Being a bandit is camping at a certain spot waiting for people to run by and then rob them without killing them. Ofc you can play as the psycho bandit and torture them, but don't KoS, that's not being a bandit. 

• Like 2

There's varying degrees of bandit. What you experienced was the scumbag killer lacking any depth of any kind playstyle. You might try toying with your victims, maybe taking blood from them and putting it into future victims to see what happens.

I've tried to be an asshole, but everytime I approach someone with the intent to say "get the fuck down, press F2", I instead ask "do you need anything?" I can't do it, beans knows I've tried. Its a different story when they attack me, but just a random person? Can't do it.

• Like 2

Heh, one time I wanted to say "On the ground!" but instead I yelled "Don't shoot!"

I don't like shooting people until I've at least tried to reason with them. If then they want a fight, they'll get it. And if I see people in 'bandit uniforms' I just duck for cover and run. 

true bandit don't always KOS, they'll usually try to torture/rob players first.

think you were more KOS player.....but ya, KOS bambi's causes too much guilt, at least for me.

The reason you were bored is because there was no torture, no begging, no mind games.
You gotta play with your food a little! Season your prey to taste with a pinch of despair!

But most of all... .You lacked a true hunt.

Get yourself an axe. Go towards Svelto or Berezino... Anywhere along the coast. Stick the tree line. stalk someone for 30 minutes to an hour until opportunity presents itself. Chop them into bits with your axe...SCREAM bloody murder while you do it!

Watch them frantically try to spin around to shoot you in vain. Bury your axe in their skull! Stand over their corpse and catch your breath after a long satisfying hunt.
You'll feel your blood doing summersaults in your veins in celebration of the sick anticipation of wrought by the climactic execution that culminated in the grand finale of your hunt.

... Then come back and tell us how you feel.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

1/10 for effort.  Quality Banditry should involve interaction and not necessarily end in loss of life, maybe just dignity..

• Like 1

There's only one life for me...

Capture-of-Blackbeard.jpg

GYAR!!!

• Like 1

Stand over their corpse and catch your breath after a long satisfying hunt.

You'll feel your blood doing summersaults

I know the feeling, I get it when I put a round in the back of the bandits head.

;)

Some of my favorite moments have been just KoSing everyone I see.  I spent hours in Berezino shooting everyone I saw, then having search parties come kill me.  The insults I had thrown my way were quite funny.  It's fun being the bad guy sometimes.

It's fun to mix things up sometimes.  I mostly just play the loner in the woods role right now, and it rarely gets my adrenaline going.

Sorry but that's not banditry , that's just KoSing fresh spawns , which I agree is poor sport.

Try to actually rob someone or take them hostage, if there geared and not dim-witted its rather challenging. It was a personal achievement of mine for a while to take 2 or more gear gremlins hostage while I was under geared.

The failures and successes make for quite interesting stories.

• Like 1

Proper banditry requires some roleplay. To claim you are a bandit when all you do is KOS people is not banditry in the least.

• Like 2

My opinion: 

That you did there, is not playing like a bandit. That's just CoD style. 

Bandit in my opinion: 

Tracks people down/find people. Stop them, take them as "hostage", steal their shit and then leave them with nothing, bonus if you handcuffed them. 

Being a bandit is camping at a certain spot waiting for people to run by and then rob them without killing them. Ofc you can play as the psycho bandit and torture them, but don't KoS, that's not being a bandit. 

Amen brodda!:)

Proper banditry requires some roleplay. To claim you are a bandit when all you do is KOS people is not banditry in the least.

I disagree, kinda. All KOS'ers are bandits, but not all bandits are KOS'ers. KOS is a shitty form of banditry, but banditry nonetheless. :P

I tell myself to take a mosin and go target practicing at the beach for months now, never did it. Seems lame and I'd feel bad - somewhat :).

Other than that in the current game with its features I like hunting ppl, not camping too much though. I simply can't sit in a bush for hours, the thought of doing so terrifies me.

I am definitely a bandit and seek pvp and kos. But I never shoot if the other (presumably) has no gun before talking. I offer food or some gear, whatever. When the situation fits and I don't completely waste all my opportunity by doing so, I talk to ppl before they see me, even if they are geared. You gotta stay flexible or it get's boring.

Edited by bautschi

I disagree, kinda. All KOS'ers are bandits, but not all bandits are KOS'ers. KOS is a shitty form of banditry, but banditry nonetheless. :P

Nah man.. Bandit does not KOS unless he knows the other 1 is a hero.. You guys have no clue what a bandit is.. This game now has 80% KOSers 15% hero's and 5% (Real) Bandits.

Real bandit holds you hostage without killing you.

Please stop mixing KOS and Banditry. They are not the same thing.

1/10 for effort.  Quality Banditry should involve interaction and not necessarily end in loss of life, maybe just dignity..

I never said I was playing a quality bandit, I said I was playing a really dirty and scum bag one

It takes a long time to gear up, and a lot of effort. All of the running, avoiding being seen or shot at, winning skirmishes that can't be avoided, worrying about starving to death, worrying about falling to your death on stairs knowing darn well you NEED what's up them... and when you see a guy without much gear you know he's either a brand new player (unlikely), or somehow had his gear wiped by a bug (this can happen), or he got killed by someone - and more likely than not he was killed by a bandit style player or a clan. Because of the survival aspect of the game and all of the effort that it can take to find food, clothes, backpacks, let alone weapons and all of the running and surviving required along the way - of course you SHOULD feel bad when you kill someone. This isn't CoD nor is it CS. It's DayZ. You can play as an aggressive survivor but it's not the purpose/design of the game, thus why you feel bad. That's a good thing.

I think a more true bandit style will come into play as more aspects are brought into the game that will separate the definition of it from the KoSer/PvPer.

As Dean has recently put it, the mod was "a hardcore, pvp, survival nightmare"..

With changes coming to the game like horticulture and actually eating healthy(not just 5 cans of tuna and youre full and healthy). A more sophisticated medical system(diseases as well). Loot rarity increasing. Its not surprising we are seeing the word "player interaction" used more. No doubt pvp will always be part of the game, but to what scale? I think the game is slowly moving away from the quick paced gear up to fight at the beach, to survive and stable yourself long enough to defend against others if necessary. Im sure pvp will still happen, but unlike how we once had it in the mod. More so really by those who already have themselves secured in all the needs they must have to live or getting to that point. Somewhat the same as the mod in this aspect but will be much more involved.

Things like building a farm with horticulture would almost be impossible if the state of pvp was the same as the mod. No farm would ever survive long enough to get food from it. And in the case no one would ever get to the point of being healthy since horticulture will most likely play a big role in it. The bandit though would learn where people are building up, where they go fish and so on. They will come and try to steal that food or rob you while you are taking care of it. This is where I see it being more about player interaction. Will some undoubtlingly attempt to just kill everyone still, sure. But its not going to be as easy as it is now imo from how its all looking.

Edited by cels

I never said I was playing a quality bandit, I said I was playing a really dirty and scum bag one

(Just for the record I never play like this, I just wanted to see what playing like a bandit is all about)

well then, in that case your understanding of banditry is lacking if you think all it is is KOS'ing hence 1/10 must try harder.

Nah man.. Bandit does not KOS unless he knows the other 1 is a hero.. You guys have no clue what a bandit is.. This game now has 80% KOSers 15% hero's and 5% (Real) Bandits.

Real bandit holds you hostage without killing you.

Please stop mixing KOS and Banditry. They are not the same thing.

This reminded me of "real women have curves". :P

Anyway, I still disagree.

This reminded me of "real women have curves". :P

Anyway, I still disagree.

Hehe.. :D 

Well this is why they are called KOSers and some are called bandits. In my opinion someone that kills on sight is just a survivor.. and other that will interact with random players are either bandit or hero.

And what do you disagree with? the % or the hole thing?