Sign in to follow this  
shutupwalter

Share your worst deaths

So I have had this one character for maybe 2-4 days. And wow, have I gotten a lot. I spawned in an unlooted town, complete with a fully stocked police station. So I got my Mosin and Splitting Axe, and headed out. I looted several towns, most notably Novo, which got me a few pistols. I saw on the map that Novo was north of an airstrip. I head to that airstrip, and loot once again, getting a couple of mags and more pistols. Of course, someone tries sniping, but I got away. I head for the coast. In about 10 minutes, I'm on the water, heading down the road into some town. I'm just walking through. And I'm dead. In short, 2 Longhorns, 1 Magnum, the 9mm pistol, and a .45 pistol lost, along with a camo shirt and two UN helmets. Was planning on being a hero to some newspawns... Welp. At least I can now loot with one of my friends who recently lost his character.

Post your worst death moments.

• Like 1

I was shot in the leg by some sadistic bandit and was left to crawl naked to Novo. Upon getting there, I was punched to death by the same guy, who recognised me, took off his pants, made several noises of perversion as he crawled around on top of me, then ultimately killed me. Yikes.

I was hunting at NWAF :) many trophies during that week with a same char. i left my pc for few minutes just to make coffe, when i got back i was dead, zombie has spoted me and killed me (shadowplay recording)

Yeah. Just spawned in some random town, went into a barn, found axe, backpack, and beret. Went into the town, hoping for an unlooted police station. Instead, I find an invincible zombie who can also go through walls. Didn't they "fix" that before?

My worst death was  when I was in a group. The group that I was with for weeks killed me. It wasn't on purpose though... We were in a small shed when the desync was so bad to where three of the four of us didn't see the zombies. The three that didn't see the zombies ( I was one of the three ) were staring at a spray can. I was the last one out of the shed. As I ran by one of the people in the group shot at the zombies and hit my arm. I bled out in a matter of seconds and it was the worst feeling ever. I was new so I was so angry because I didn't know where  gear spawned the guy who killed me never stopped saying sorry...

I spawned in Novo. The town hall was lit up by a flare. I know it's either a group of bandits, or a friendly making camp there. Either way, I wouldn't care. As I'm heading up, I'm saying "I am not hostile. Please do not shoot." To my surprise, the camp left, leaving a ton of loot. Rifles, pistols, etc. etc. So I have my SKS, and the silenced ruger. I go AFK for about 15 minutes, in the woods. When I get back, I'm very hungry. I do not know where I'm at. I keep going straight, and find the airstrip. I also hear gun shots. At this point, I begin to starve. I head into the airfield, hoping for the can of Tactical Bacon. Instead, I find a group of three heavily-armed friendlies, taking refuge in the air control tower. They tell me to quickly get inside before we were sniped. I dropped unconcious on the floor. I tell them to force feed me if they have any food. They begin searching the tower, but to no avail. I died from starvation. 

I've gone through 2 characters today.

Had a Mexican standoff with a squad of bandits. Let's just put it out there that having Mexican stand-offs with someone who has Mexican heritage doesn't work. Ever.

Bled out while picking the brains out of their pockets because my rags glitched out of my inventory.

I think my WORST death was back in the early days of the Mod. I'd met someone who was brand new. We went into Cherno, before getting separated because of a zombie horde. I was nearly mauled to death, and left unconscious with under 500 blood and a barely functional axe. We went out to a road about 300 meters away from Cherno before he gave me a blood bag. Turns out, he hit the hospital, and came out with an axe, and 7 blood bags. Nothing else. Once I was healed, I took 10 steps before having my kneecaps snapped by a zombie we didn't notice. That was essentially my death, as I was useless. We went back into the city in hope there'd be morphine in the military tent areas (the hospital didn't spawn any morphine or medboxes containing it), and were eventually cornered inside the supermarket. We tried to take a short cut on our way there. His pistol ran out of bullets, I had to reload my axe, and we both eventually died. Being cornered sucks.

Was camp sniping at the airfield on one of the towers, I got bored and when I pressed F to climb the ladder my character walked forward while putting the gun on his back and fell to his death :)

Standing on the roof of a fire hall. Switched to my Mosin causing my toon to start randomly running. The fall didn't kill me...the zombies did.

Remember the friend I said I would go looting with? I spawned in Novo, he spawned in Berezino... He found a sickle, a backpack, and some other things. A flare lit up the hospital. He specifically told me, "Yolo." and went to the hospital. He told them he was friendly. They made him drop the sickle and backpack. He put up his hands in surrender. They killed him.

"Hey guys, it's the zombie apocalypse! Kill every human you meet!"

Was walking around with my bro-in-law. He is younger than me and still a phone addict. Don't understand why people cling to their phones to exchange messages. Just call that b**** for a minute beforehand. We got no time. Time is loot. Okay, that went off-topic. So we were walking around and suddenly he stops in the middle of Chernogorsk, needs to check his phone. I said to him that we cannot stay here and bang I am dead.

Before I knew of this site and their ability to move people who spawn in bad places, I spawned on a roof of a small house. I thought I could jump off the shortest area and jump and just fix my broken legs, I had multiple morphines no problem. Nope, I died from a 6 foot fall.

I was completely geared with an M4, an AKM (no drum), pistols, med kits, cases, and everything else one would need to fight off an army or be hero to a few people.

I was also geared up well one time and fell down a ladder at a fire station. That was heartbreaker and one my first deaths.

I wanted to meet up with a friend at some deer stand somewhere between Gorka and Grishino. I was first and decided to secure the area by climbing up and looking around. When my friend finally arrived I wanted to climb down but the first step of the ladder broke and I fell to my death.

Found my first mosin, ran around happy as a bambi on the wrecked ship, game lags, I fall off the edge and break my neck  :/

Ehm,i got 1 "shot-killed" by a dang zombie ._.
So what happened,i was runnin around,zombie comes up to me,hits me 1 time and  ... >YOU'RE DEAD<

Sharing this for one of my friends.

So he buys me DayZ so we can play together. He has full military gear, M4 fully modified... He's set for the apocalypse. He tells me to meet him in Cherno. I spawn somewhere inland. Of course, I don't know shit bout the game so... I start looting, find a hoe and a cowboy hat. He tells me to hurry up. I start running, end up at the west border of the map. He tells me to head south. I head in a random direction. I end up at Rify after awhile. I tell him: "omfg huge boat." I spend bout an hour looting while he's meeting a guy he named "Mark" in Cherno. I finish looting Rify, and go down the road with my new Sporter .22. I get attacked along the way, and stop at a clinic. I loot it, along with other buildings. Meanwhile, he's stuck at the top of the Police Station with zombs flooding inside. I make it to Elektro, and he curses me out over steam. He got mauled while I am strolling through Elektro.

He hates me now.

• Like 1

I just remembered another one. The ship at Rify. I was in the stern. Have you ever found the hold that has a big piece of floor that has fallen in? Well I broke a leg in that dark basement hold. Turns out there is no way up the stairs or the slanted floor that's fallen in when you're crawling. Trust me, I tried. I rolled,I crawled, I wiggled, I yelled and typed for help or even a quick death.

I eventually got naked and died a slow, starving death while I went and made and ate dinner IRL.

I have never been able to fully come to terms with some bugger or other shooting me in the face after I've just finished coming to his rescue as a medic.  Not sure I will ever get over that.  Just got to grit your teeth and carry on, or go postal, maybe?  :huh:

I was looting Mogilevka with my friend today. All each of us had was a 4 slot jacket and 4 slot pants each. No backpacks, just an axe on the back...

Well, one shot from I don't know where, my buddy was dead. Next shot I was dead. No warning, no missed shots, someone just one-shot us both in the middle of nowhere.

My worst ever, because it was so stupid, was accidentally running straight off the roof of the north west bus garage. That char was about three weeks old, nigh-on perfectly geared for my playstyle. I actually had to go out and have a little walk around, and have a smoke after that. Didn't play for another week, but it finally sucked me back in...

So I'm in Elektro, trying to meet my friend who spawned in Novo. He goes east until he hits the coast, I go north until we meet eachother. Yeah, no. He ends up going into the flat-end map area for a half hour before he asks where the hell he was. Meanwhile, I'm strolling down the road. My Steam crashes, and so does my DayZ. I pick it up today. I join a full server, and continue walking down. I make sure I'm out of sight of Berezino as I pass by it on the road. I make it to the dock-factory area. I hear gunshots, and hear explosions. I move down to the water, and crouch by. I've got my SKS out just in case. I hear gunshots near me. Boom boom boom. Two M4s blast me down. I am unconcious. "Nice KOS there..."

When I died, "Enjoy the guns, I guess."

Just around 50 hours of playtime and I've realized that DayZ is a place where you never want to moan about your character.

Ignoring the many kos incidents (which have taught me to be a hell of a lot more careful when encountering other players, so a good learning experience in the long run really,) my worst death so far has been at a construction site.

First one i'd found, hadn't been looted, was pretty excited.

Careful recce, silently took out 3 zombies without alerting any more.  (A mixture of stealth, my axe and my trusty amphibia.)

Carefully crept round looting the hell out that construction site, found some good stuff, was pretty happy with myself.

Had one last look around the top to check out my surroundings then planned to head off with my new stuff.

Planned out my route, knew exactly where I wanted to go, which cover to sprint for, where to head after that.  (I usually assume someones got a bead on me, so I try and cover my tracks, double back, keep checking behind etc...)

I thought I had made it to the ground floor, saw grass, started to sprint out to find cover.

Only I hadn't made it to the ground, I walked out on the first floor, into fresh air...

Fell to my death.  Felt pretty stupid.

Learned a few things though.  

It's possible to suicide from the first floor.

Reinforced not getting too attached to gear.  (Loosing your stuff to a kos can be annoying, loosing it due to your own incompetence, doubly so.)

Open sided stairs can be dangerous...