Sign in to follow this  
d.walker43

ability to identify wounds on a dead body?

Alright, so after my latest dayz experience I have an idea. When you come across a dead body of a player, an option should be added to identify the wounds on the body. When you click this option, a text message will pop up saying something like "the body has a bullet wound to the head" or "the body has stab markings in the chest." This would help to identify if there is a threat nearby, and is also very realistic. I know that if I were in a zombie apocalypse if I saw a dead body I would attempt to see the cause of death. You could get even more detailed with it, if a player died of hunger or thirst the message could say "no identifiable wounds" or something.

Anyway, that's my idea. If you have any feedback, please post below what you think. Thanks!

• Like 1

Maybe not all wounds. But I'm no doctor and could probably recognize that someone had a hole in his forehead from a sniper. And that's the majority of deaths, really.

I'd like to see a big exit wound through someone's chest and be able to go "Oh, someone shot this guy in the back with a rifle."

There should be way more ways to establish some facts during and after a gunfight; gunflashes, gunsmoke, ejected shells, permanent wounds, et cetera ... Really lacking to the point where gunfights just feel empty.

I'd like to see a big exit wound through someone's chest and be able to go "Oh, someone shot this guy in the back with a rifle."

Yeah this is what I'd like, ties in with the gore suggestion.

If they got killed by a zombie, scratches on them. Died from blood loss, huge cut on their arm and a big pool of blood or very little blood around them.

Massacred by an M4, riddled with bullets.

Half eaten corpses to show it happened quite a while ago or that they were attacked by a hostile animal.

It would be a cool layer of detail that would help you judge areas so much better, if someone is shot full of holes then its best to be careful.

Not directly related to that but it would be cool to see some bullet casings if it happened nearby, so you can completely tell it was an M4 they got decimated with.

Or perhaps just different sized bullet holes but that may be too much.

• Like 1