saint16211

MMORPG no. of player

Is there target maximum players in dayz standalone server?. The whole map is very huge for 40 persons.

another question, in the current version of dayZ mod, how many players per server is allowed? TIA

The map is too small for 40 people.

• Like 3

Can you please justify your response?.

in 225 sq km, meeting a people is rare

Which makes DayZ more exciting. The game has always been like that, since the mod. Meeting people every minute dulls the experience. I personally would prefer an even larger map.

• Like 3

I believe they are looking at increasing this number. A few months ago on experimental they tested 100 slot servers.

As for the mod, around 60 or 70 i believe.

I believe they are looking at increasing this number. A few months ago on experimental they tested 100 slot servers.

As for the mod, around 60 or 70 i believe.

Thought the mod was 50 slots, but I could be wrong.

I think it was said a while ago they want the servers to get up to 150 people (though that was VERY early in the the preAlpha).  I usually play on low pop servers so I haven't had the experience of a full server, though I think I'd more than likely agree jaxc.  Then again just because the servers can/will be able to handle 150 people doesn't mean they'll always have that many on there.

This makes it a bit interesting when I take in (at least what I understand) about this Shard business.  I could see where one Private Shard would have say 3 servers, two set at 40 and one set at 80 or more and that would be the dedicated PVP server of the shard with most of the 'clan battles' taking place on that server, the other 2 would be the 'camp' servers where everyone has their base set up and would be split up into PVP and PVE.

60 players maximum else it just becomes a clusterfuck. The whole idea is that you rarely see players, and when you do it's an adrenaline filled experience. 

Edited by Plexico
  • Like 4

Which makes DayZ more exciting. The game has always been like that, since the mod. Meeting people every minute dulls the experience. I personally would prefer an even larger map.

You only get that when people spawn in one side of the map (as opposed to the South as well) and head for the closest (and only) large city like Berezino.

Head West on a full server and you won't see another person. Ever.

I spent four hours everywhere from Kamenka to Stary to the NW airfield and didn't see a soul apart from one fight on the way there in Balota where I popped a guy in the tower.

There's absolutely no reason to leave the East unless you feel like taking an hour to go see if you'll find something at barracks on the West as opposed to blapping someone in the East.

I just like taking the SKS into the woods.

Is there target maximum players in dayz standalone server?. The whole map is very huge for 40 persons.

another question, in the current version of dayZ mod, how many players per server is allowed? TIA

The problem is that there is currently little incentive to go outwards so everyone clusterfucks in the north-east.

Once there are vehicles tents work, you will see people spread out more and 40 players will seem like a lot more.

Adding players right now would just mean a bigger clusterfuck and even more lag. But yeah, I hope they do increase the number at some point to like 80 or something.

I don t care if I constantly run into people, increases the danger level.

The problem is that there is currently little incentive to go outwards so everyone clusterfucks in the north-east.

You mean that everything being looted isn't incentive enough to move?

You mean that everything being looted isn't incentive enough to move?

Apparently not. I believe shooting at freshspawns is more rewarding for some.

But.. There's nothing to shoot with.  :P

Last time I spawned in Svetlojarsk I couldn't even find a decent melee weapon.  :|

Imma go with Applejaxc on this one. The map is not too big for 40 people. Even if you had twice that on a server you'd just find more people playing Deathmatch in Berezino and there'd still be nobody roaming the countryside except a select few.