MadWookie

My response to dupers.

He added me on steam to be recruited, he asked if we dupe, I told him we do not, this is what followed.

28dP6lm.png

Edited by MadWookie
  • Like 16

Hello there

Whilst dupers and exploiters are creeps of the lowest order telling someone to "kill themselves" is just not on IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 6

You should have told him yes, dated his sister and then leave her standing at the altar yelling "GO DUPE A HUSBAND!" as you run off.
That oughta get the message across. Seriously, waste no more time on arguing over steam! TCB!

Btw, I totally duped the shit out of things when I played Diablo 1. He's right, it is indeed fun. I stopped cheating when I turned 12, though. But yeah, I can imagine how a bunch of 13-year-olds think it's the shit. Nothing you can do about it.

Edited by King Raptor
  • Like 8

Yes, kill yourself was a bit excessive, unless you mean that he should kill himself in game and start over by playing legit. ;)

• Like 5

Yes, kill yourself was a bit excessive, unless you mean that he should kill himself in game and start over by playing legit. ;)

Actually i'll back the OP on that statement regardless. The world would actually be a better place if the wilfully ignorant, arrogant, and downright stupid DID infact just off themselves. Thses cheating kiddies just grow up to be the self entitled teens demanding what they want when they want, who later become the arrogant SOB's were all forced to put up with IRL every day. Extreme? maybe, but id like a little more quality and a little less quantity in all that is humanity.

• Like 9

Sometimes I can really understand dupers. I played over 300 hours and I died 3 times because of players. Most of my deaths were caused by stairs and ladders.

I condemn them when they dupe just because they can't fight like a man, but when you lost your gear just because stairs broke your spine in 26 places, you really can't blame yourself for that.

Edited by Outroduce
  • Like 3

Actually i'll back the OP on that statement regardless. The world would actually be a better place if the wilfully ignorant, arrogant, and downright stupid DID infact just off themselves. Thses cheating kiddies just grow up to be the self entitled teens demanding what they want when they want, who later become the arrogant SOB's were all forced to put up with IRL every day. Extreme? maybe, but id like a little more quality and a little less quantity in all that is humanity.

Not saying that you sound a lot like Hitler, but this is VERY extreme. 90% of the population is ignorant, arrogant, or downright stupid in another one's eyes. It's how it's always been, some people don't get along. But by being literal about those who you see as human trash should kill themselves, make you above else ignorant, arrogant and downright stupid.

I have met a lot of people who have been, in my opinion, as you described but in no way do I want their life to end just because we came off on bad terms over the internet.

• Like 4

"Wasting your time" by playing legit. Because doing anything other than running around with a gun looking for fight is a waste of time. Sadly many players do share this view. Run n gun kiddies and all yeah, but it probably does say something about the game as well.

• Like 3

Sometimes I can really understand dupers. I played over 300 hours and I died 3 times because of players. Most of my deaths were caused by stairs and ladders.

I condemn them when they dupe just because they can't fight like a man, but when you lost your gear just because stairs broke your spine in 26 places, you really can't blame yourself for that.

i have thrown myself off ladders on purpose because i was geared up and scavenging lost its appeal. once you're back to bobble hat and shovel again, you're back enjoying the game for every can of tuna and every axe you find.

• Like 4

Well, he has a point, there isn't much to do in a game than just run and kill everybody. Duping just makes collecting gear faster, that's it. You still have to have skill to be able to kill someone, doesn't matter how much ammo and magazines you have. Berezino dupers are the worst, because they usually run with infinity mags too (sks or m4), but overall, until it gets fixed (they will have to fix all 3-4 ways that there are, and knowing how amateur our beloved developers are, I doubt it will happen by the end of this year), use it and abuse it. They kinda fixed looking through walls in experimental (but broke several other things), so it's a nice little step to right direction.

Edited by MaxRain

Gearing up as a "nobody" or with little stuff is part of the game and rewarding. Indeed, if you only look for direct action, then I guess getting gear the easiest way is the "best" way. But in that case I truly think the game isn't the right one for those people or things.

Also, the "most people do it" argument is mostly BS if you ask me. "Heerrr derrrrp but ahhh gotta keep uuup durr". No. "But.." No.

I currently roll with some allies and we usually end up in major urban combat (zones). You would not believe how many people we catch with duped or hacked gear, mostly weapons or so. By "catch" I mean catch with bullets, mostly. Or how many people we saw flee (ingame or by logging out) despite their uber-hacked-massive-amounts-of-ammo-gear. In some way, we keep mowing down armies of excessively geared people. Maybe it's not as extreme as one could think by reading this, but in each engagement there's usually 1-3 people with "fishy items" - often M4s or magazines that have way more ammo in them than intended.

Edited by Combine

Duping does not even work well from what I saw lat night. I accidently cloned a character and all the slots in the clone were empty. So it looks like they have fixed duping.

So who cares?

Maybe it's not as extreme as one could think by reading this, but in each engagement there's usually 1-3 people with "fishy items" - often M4s or magazines that have way more ammo in them than intended.

Duping does not even work well from what I saw lat night. I accidently cloned a character and all the slots in the clone were empty. So it looks like they have fixed duping.

So who cares?

I still do delete hacked mags every week , investigating as to why is it still happening is ongoing. Funny thing is they are never on experimental. And they can't dupe without one in the first place.

They have a time stamp so they are created anew and it has nothing to do with the hack that we fixed. I do wipe all of them every week Im pretty sure of that. (about 4.5k hacked mags a week) There is something amiss here. Since we know how duping works, and fix is on the way, it is probably not connected with that or dead characters or persistence etc. We will find out , dont worry.

So who cares?

they aren't empty, they just didn't load. Put something into inventory to see (if there are empty slots) or just reconnect from server.

i have thrown myself off ladders on purpose because i was geared up and scavenging lost its appeal. once you're back to bobble hat and shovel again, you're back enjoying the game for every can of tuna and every axe you find.

Currently I am living off the land, I found myself a crossbow, a few bolts, a fishing hook, a few books (to make fires), a rope, burlap sack and stick to make the improved improvised backpack, matches, splitting axe, used a shovel to get 6 worms, and a few pieces of clothing then I headed as far north as I could while still being close to a water source. I can't wait for there to be more people playing like this, is so peaceful in the middle of the woods with nothing to do but read Frankenstein, go fishing and hunt animals. 

it's a nice little step to right direction.

One step forward, ten steps backwards.

So who cares?

You obviously have no idea how to dupe.. or at least not the ways I know about.

Edited by MadWookie
  • Like 2

I don't think the OP would actually want the guy to go off himself irl, leaving behind a devastated family. The phrase has evolved well beyond its literal definition. It's closer to "go fuck yourself".

Of course there are people who find it offensive, but then again, there are people who find it offensive when told to "sod off", too.

As for the topic at hand, you can easily find a Mosin or SKS and some bullets usually minutes within spawning. There is really no viable excuse to dupe.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 3

You have my beans sir.

The cheaters use the easy button and in the process cheat themselves out of the best part of the game.

So let them cheat.  They screw themselves but are too ignorant to see it.

• Like 1

Mad Wookie - I completely get your frustration, but you shouldn't tell someone to go off themselves.  Sure, only a 0.00001% they'd take your advice, but legally speaking you opened yourself up in the process if the idiot did it.  Take the high road next time and just tell him to enjoy drawing his crown and pasting it to his forehead so he can be King for a day or whatever.  Remember, you are trying to describe a rainbow to a blind man.  The cheaters don't get the pot of gold we do.  They are their own punishment.

• Like 1

Glad to know the 300+ hours I have in Dayz were done wrong. According to the duper, I haven't been enjoying myself by playing legit. I mean shame on us for trying to do it the proper way.

Also the quote from the devs(Eugene Hartman I believe) about not knowing how people manage to make the hacked mags, watch YouTube or check out different forums around the net. There are new videos posted everyday about various glitches, exploits and working hacks. Sometimes I wonder if the devs are just as blind as a lot of Dayz players who proclaim after xxx hours in game and have never seen a hacker

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 1

Hello there

Whilst dupers and exploiters are creeps of the lowest order telling someone to "kill themselves" is just not on IMHO.

kill yourself was a bit excessive

Mad Wookie - I completely get your frustration, but you shouldn't tell someone to go off themselves.  Sure, only a 0.00001% they'd take your advice, but legally speaking you opened yourself up in the process if the idiot did it.  Take the high road next time and just tell him to enjoy drawing his crown and pasting it to his forehead so he can be King for a day or whatever.  Remember, you are trying to describe a rainbow to a blind man.  The cheaters don't get the pot of gold we do.  They are their own punishment.

Not saying this makes anything right and I'm not trying to get attention, yeah, I know I was in the wrong, I somewhat regret what I said. It was a heat of the moment thing, the past two days I've been really agitated, no one will leave me alone to grieve for my best friend who died 5 months ago yesterday. To those of you who are going to say "how are you grieving by being on the dayz forums" it's called a distraction. So back off guys, that comment was coming from an agitated teenager to another teenager.

Again, not trying to get attention just read the comment and go on with your life I don't need or want anyones pity.

• Like 4

Guys, while we sit here fapping on items, ppl on pirite verision flying on helycopters and drive cars...
Should i complain more about that's game code are stole and they have fun when i struggle?

Just to echo the sentiment that, while I understand the frustration, I don't think the response was very nice even though it was clearly meant in jest. It simply makes the OP seem a bit crass and immature because the duper, as dubious as his argument may be, wasn't writing in a particularly infantile way.

Tell him to get lost sure but the way you handled it OP was totally inappropriate I think and only makes you yourself seem childish yourself to throw around such wishes to complete strangers.

Edit: Just read the OP's last post and, while I stand by what I said, I accept the mitigating circumstances.

Edited by Goose Springsteen

Just to echo the sentiment that, while I understand the frustration, I don't think the response was very nice even though it was clearly meant in jest. It simply makes the OP seem a bit crass and immature because the duper, as dubious as his argument may be, wasn't writing in a particularly infantile way.

Tell him to get lost sure but the way you handled it OP was totally inappropriate I think and only makes you yourself seem childish yourself to throw around such wishes to complete strangers .

You should really read ALL of the posts before posting something. js

Agreed 100%

• Like 2

Seriously doubt there would be any repercussion to telling someone to go off themselves unless you included instructions on how to do so which may or may not be illegal depending on the country you are in. And even then, this ain't facebook. What are the cops going to do: issue a warrant for a guy called MadWookie? Find police uniforms in DayZ and slap cuffs on him? Write his ISP letters?

Not saying this makes anything right and I'm not trying to get attention, yeah, I know I was in the wrong, I somewhat regret what I said.

You shouldn't. If everyone gave him the same response maybe he'd review his choices in life and not bother other players with his cheating behaviour. Who cares how you delivered the message? It's the Internet, worse things are happening in the world. For example, did you know that there are still people who think Capitalism is a good thing?

Edit: Just read the OP's last post and, while I stand by what I said, I accept the mitigating circumstances.

judgejudy.jpg

Agreed 100%

Oh you re just angry because we talked trash about your gaming rig! :beans:

Edited by King Raptor
  • Like 1